Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My grandmother keeps insisting I am a descendant of Queen Mary of Scots.

This may also have been "Bloody Mary."

Mary, Queen of Scots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am kind of disappointed in her, murdering so many people...I don't want to think I am related to a murderer.

It brings me shame rather than honor. I am almost apologetic.

Don't be ashamed, she is a hero among Catholics.

I find that there is too much bias against poor Mary...indeed, she killed hundreds of Protestants. However her Anglican siblings and relatives butchered hundreds of thousands of Catholics, coordinating the Great Irish Family (of which my family suffered so much).

History is written by the victors though...Queen Elizabeth I (responsible for extermination of Catholics, and supression of the Irish people) remains a hero.

Upvote 0

WindHund

Prophet of Doom
Jul 1, 2013
USA
✟1,016,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lik3 said:
I wish I had some famous people in my genealogy. That would be cool, but then again, famous people are just people. I love what I have and proud of who I am.

Everyone has someone famous. Do the math. Every generation doubles the ancestors. Go back 20 generations and you should have in the area of 1,000,000 grandparents at that generation. I have one ancestor eight generations back who is having his descendents catalogued. Currently, it has 30,000 individuals and my grandfather with nearly 100 descendents to the grandchildren, and that doesn't include great & greatgreat little ones, is not in the book. So, do your research and you will find someone known to most - either famous or infamous!

Upvote 0