1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am not fully aware of what they believe. John says he "keeps" Torah and yet when asked if he keeps certain parts he either does not answer at all or he makes sly comments like when I asked him if he wears tassels on his garments he made a comment that proves he does not. Wearing tassels was a very important sign and God expected the Israelites to wear them.
Numbers 15:39
You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the Lord, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by chasing after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes.
I said Tzitzit is a good idea so we remember His commandments sorry if you view that at a sly comment.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If the law isn't done away with Jesus is not a priest
He is legally, and in every way, perfectly, high priest,
which
btw is perfect for our sakes, for our salvation.

Would you make the High Priest, Jesus, out to be a liar now,

for whatever reason, you claiming the law is done away with ,

when Jesus in Scripture always says otherwise ?

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry but you are the one taking them out of context, do you not agree that context is important?
I can't say it has pointy ears, wiskers, poos in a box, and says meow and convince you that it is a dog when we know by context it is a cat?

We have already discussed Jerimiah 31 and Matthew 5 at length. why do you choose not to share your thoughts on Isaiah 56?
You keep saying out of context. You provide no explanation of how it is out of context.

There's no point in going to some other text to debate until you can prove "not according to" means "the same as."

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Your issue is the law is not done away with, correct? Jots and tittles have passed from the law making the whole covenant invalid. Is Hebrews 7:12 the inspired Scripture?
11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

If the law isn't done away with Jesus is not a priest and especially not our priest concerning God. If Jesus is not our priest there is no salvation. If the law is still in force Jesus (God) is a sinner just like us. That would mean the whole thing is nothing but a farce.
There was a change in the priesthood. Yeshua is the High Priest and He comes from Judah. The Levites come from Levi so the writer of Hebrews is proving the lineage of our Messiah through Melchizedek. Let's go back to Hebrews 4, your thoughts?

• Agree
Reactions: SAAN
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I said Tzitzit is a good idea so we remember His commandments sorry if you view that at a sly comment.
Jesus said He would have gathered the children of Jerusalem under His Own Tzitzits, if only they had been willing, but they refused.

This is still truth today. Most refuse. (as clearly written in Revelation)

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am pondering how we are reading the same thing and it is perplexing me how we see it so different. I know these verses have been posted possibly a million times on the Sabbath/law forum.

If you don't mind me asking. What is your beef with people who keep God's law? Is it a bad thing to teach and to keep it? Why are you and others so focused on teaching that they have been done away with? What is your objective by teaching others to not keep God's commandments ?
Why are you arguing with people who follow Jesus and not the law? Are you trying to say we're to keep the law because Jesus did? Why when we're not under the law. Romans 7:6 has been posted here often proving not even the Jew who accepts the Messiah is obligated to the law.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You keep saying out of context. You provide no explanation of how it is out of context.

There's no point in going to some other text to debate until you can prove "not according to" means "the same as."
Thia is the Last time I'm going to post this verse and bold the context clues on this thread so when you ask again I will point you back to to this post. 248
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am pondering how we are reading the same thing and it is perplexing me how we see it so different. I know these verses have been posted possibly a million times on the Sabbath/law forum.

If you don't mind me asking. What is your beef with people who keep God's law? Is it a bad thing to teach and to keep it? Why are you and others so focused on teaching that they have been done away with? What is your objective by teaching others to not keep God's commandments ?
If you want to kid yourself that you follow the law, that is your privileged. When you try to force others to do the same you step far outside your authority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thia is the Last time I'm going to post this verse and bold the context clues on this thread so when you ask again I will point you back to to this post. 248
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

What covenant did they brake? Isn't it the ten commandments Moses said was the covenant in Deuteronomy 4:13?

Why do you continue to ignore the enlarged portion of you quote?

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why are you arguing with people who follow Jesus and not the law? Are you trying to say we're to keep the law because Jesus did? Why when we're not under the law. Romans 7:6 has been posted here often proving not even the Jew who accepts the Messiah is obligated to the law.
You almost have it, we keep God's instuctions BECAUSE of what Jesus did. Once we are saved from our sin we are free to walk in newness of life not continue in lawlessness. Lawlessness is the Bondge not the God's instructions.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You almost have it, we keep God's instuctions BECAUSE of what Jesus did. Once we are saved from our sin we are free to walk in newness of life not continue in lawlessness. Lawlessness is the Bondge not the God's instructions.
God's instruction to the Christian isn't to keep the covenant given to Israel. 1 John 3:23.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So ? I did not ask if you debated religious groups. That doesn't matter at all.
But you want to know what religious group teaches what I post. Why? I've seen first hand fruits of what you're asking. No thanks.

Had to put my comment with a post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes. It seems so anyway. "Talking it out" with those who do not see something totally different than we do is not usually possible on internet forums - just barely at times, in the best of times.
Talking it out? Some here are requiring others to take their pov instead of Scripture as their own.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
oooooooo, the dictionary doesn't always convey YHWH'S meaning...

I like someone's description that there are several TORAH's, all in perfect agreement with Scripture by definition, when understood,
and
the most over-arching definition of TORAH
being everything flowing/that flows/ from YHWH to men.
How do you define words if you don't use a dictionary?

Upvote 0