Minnesota
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
She obviously triggers the red tribe lol.
They always fear powerful women. Alexandria is mentioned on foxnews more than our vice president. But a survey of dems found 83% feel she is good for the party. I cannot understand why republicans always feel a need to bash women in the other party. It's a bad habit that may also be another reason republicans can't even take an easy midterm election any longer. I can't really understand why she's of any concern with the issues republicans are now struggling with in their coalition. Foxnews is merely serving to increase her popularity. She might be president one day.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-ame...americans-think-ocasio-cortez-is-bad-for-the/
It sounds to me like you've got the parties reversed.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, that's the "Trump path". Was a great 4 years while before biden derailed everything.

Aside from the pandemic, the recession, riots, indictments, and Trump trying to assassinate his own VP.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

what? your the one that thinks AOC isn't qualified, mind telling me what oz's qualifications are other then he sells quack cures wich he has gotten in trouble for? Before he ran thats the only thing I knew about him.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

WintersDust

Nov 6, 2022
Alexandria
✟2,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what? your the one that thinks AOC isn't qualified, mind telling me what oz's qualifications are other then he sells quack cures wich he has gotten in trouble for? Before he ran thats the only thing I knew about him.
OK

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
We may believe that America is on the wrong track, but Americans don't seem to agree about what the right track is. To describe it in very broad terms, the nearly 50/50 split in the Senate tells me that half of us think the country is too far to the right, and half of us think the country is too far to the left.

I don't believe it's actually 50/50 in the general public. For one thing, the Senate greatly overestimates the number of rural voters.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Not if the current path has gotten us record-high inflation, increasing crime, increased poverty, and now closer to nuclear war than at any time in history.
One only needs to look back a couple years to see how much better things were, who was in charge, and where we should look to make things better than they are now.

Things weren't all that much better a few years ago. The reality for most Americans is that the country has never really recovered since the Great Recession of 2007.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is such a thing as going in a different direction. When a person (or country) realizes they're headed the wrong way, it would only be insanity to willingly continue in that direction.
That isn't what they voted for, they voted to change direction. Biden and democrats aren't the exclusive direction things are going, when you have conspiracy theorists running for office and judges attacking women's rights.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In numerous polls prior to the 2022 mid-term election, Americans say they believe America is on the wrong track, or headed in the wrong direction. With democrats in power in both the executive and legislative level, it makes sense that they would not vote to keep the same people in power, but demand change. But instead of change, we appear to be headed for more of the same if the final vote tally continues to indicate that democrats will continue to be the majority in power.

Guess they thought the GOP would take it even further off track.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't the November 2020 election shenanigans show us that we don't actually vote to be on any track?
The last two elections show that the US seems to have a consistent "don't vote for the GOP's current state" track.
I think that's an argument the GOP needs to double-down on their current talking points, maybe doing the same thing over and over will lead to a different result for them.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, that's the "Trump path". Was a great 4 years while before biden derailed everything.
A look at Trump's economic legacy

Yet as he leaves after his one-term tenure, Trump has become the first president since Herbert Hoover during the Great Depression to depart office with fewer jobs in the country than when he entered.
Perhaps voters have a longer, better memory than this post is giving them credit for.

• Agree
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Aside from the pandemic, the recession, riots, indictments, and Trump trying to assassinate his own VP.
Plus withholding defensive weapons from Ukraine because they wouldn't lie about one of his political opponents. Maybe voters don't want to return to that track.

The GOP could easily fix that by de-Trumpifying, but for some reason they don't want to - meaning they're to blame for their own misfortunes.

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,375.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There actually is an effort in the GOP to distance themselves from Mitch McConnell. Without Mitch they could have gained the majority in the Senate.
More along the lines of Trump.
The sooner they amputate that embarrassment from their history and move forward getting back to conservative values the better.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Tskjesusfreak

Jesus is King - 1689 LonBapConFaith
Nov 13, 2022
Georgia
✟9,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe in politics, I don't vote and if I did cast a ballot, I would write in "Jesus is King" all down the ballot unless someone that I can trust to run the local city that I'm living in than I'll vote for that person but other than that I don't get involved with politics.

Political discussions however I'm completely in trenches, LOL.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Yet as he leaves after his one-term tenure, Trump has become the first president since Herbert Hoover during the Great Depression to depart office with fewer jobs in the country than when he entered.
I don't blame Trump for that one. Although Trump badly bungled the recovery, I blame COVID-19 for the huge job loss. On the other hand, it's a good factoid to bring up when people start blaming presidents for economic woes that are beyond their control.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A: 'How do you think your team is going to go this year?'
B: 'Not well. I think we're heading in the wrong direction. Maybe we need a new coach'.
A: 'How about this guy instead?'
B: 'Are you kidding me? He's got no idea whatsoever. No way I'd want him in charge. If that's the choice then my vote goes to the guy we already have'.

Make sense?
Sure. Fetterman is obviously the better choice. He has so much in common with Biden. He should run for President. Fetterman 2024

• Haha
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0