America is the Best, Most Free, and Most Prosperous Country on Earth: Change My Mind

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
There wern't too many other Jews left to consolidate. So God intends to gather the Jews from the four corners of the Earth, but just not this particular group of Jews?

My family or myself never got the memo that we had to go back.

So if God restored Israel, the only democracy in the region, we should be neutral when the likes of Iran threaten to 'wipe Israel off the map.' because 'eschatology as justification for warfare is hideous.'

Just words and rhetoric.

Seeing Israel and democracy in the same sentence is funny.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This post makes no sense.

(For the record, what i posted re: Aynaz Anni Cyrus' own testimony is in perfect sync with the OP of this thread. Discounting and/or dismissing this woman's testimony and/her survival story and why she loves and defends America and why she finds America worth fighting for, highlights the very fact WHY she is doing what she is doing, and why she finds it necessary. Her story/testimony is valid. It counts. She not only speaks for herself, but also for other women who have been, or are still being victimized, and those who were murdered under Sharia Law, and she highlights why she rescues them and brings them to AMERICA. Victims have a right to speak and should not be shushed, discounted, or dismissed. She deserves, at the very least, to be "heard" and "believed" and the fact that she was able to escape, celebrated. She emphasizes these, especially, about America: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness. i couldn't agree with her more. i join with Aynaz Anni Cyrus and other survivors in saying "God bless America".)

God help us.

Praying.
the OP is not about if America is worth fighting for it is about if it is the best. Aynaz's testimony added to this thread is supporting the premise that America is the best (not that America is worth fighting for). The premise has an unbalanced view and this testimony doesn't magically balance it and so the testimony contributes to the unbalanced view and it too inherits it. Why? because her testimony is not about if America is the best so when it's misused to declare this or help balance the OP this we the point and corrupt her testimony, it's also, I might add, a strawman to do this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
My family or myself never got the memo that we had to go back.

Just words and rhetoric.

Seeing Israel and democracy in the same sentence is funny.

It is! But not so much funny as ironic.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There wern't too many other Jews left to consolidate. So God intends to gather the Jews from the four corners of the Earth, but just not this particular group of Jews? .

So if God restored Israel, the only democracy in the region, we should be neutral when the likes of Iran threaten to 'wipe Israel off the map.' because 'eschatology as justification for warfare is hideous.'

God is not interested in a country or a people that rejects him, it doesn't matter what label you call them a rejection of Christ is not a restoration.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Dominigo

Nov 15, 2019
San Antonio
✟7,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is OK, however, too big of an issue with people who do not deserve to be in jail getting arrested and even sentenced to long stays in prison, yet crime rate nationally doesn't go down, therefore, the people who should be getting arrested are not, and people who have committed trivial and misdemeanor offences rises; Plus, when guilty of a crime, if on probation, chances of committing another crime within that period are large enough that at least 2/6 ppl on probation, break probation, and get sentenced to prison time for a crime that was not warrant one.

Not too mention, Arrest quotas which operate on the premise that "there are x amount of people committing a crime each month thus Xamount of people arrested each month; which reiterates the point, of people who shouldn't be going to jail, end up going to jail. The lower the Probation Population, the Lower The Population of Adults under Community Supervision; PLus a majority of people in Prison/Jail Have not been Convicted; also “alternatives” to incarceration often lead to incarceration anyway. Setting people up for fail. Plsu other things

But I Live in America, Love America, and Pray for America; But all countries have their flaws.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so that's one data point.

In Australia, our taxes cover most everything. You can choose to have private health insurance (and some do) but if you don't, you don't miss out on any essential care.

If I had had my daughter in the public system here, pre- and post-natal care, the delivery and hospital stay, would have cost me nothing. Every doctor's visit for her would cost me nothing. The process of getting her diagnosed with autism (long and with many appointments), would still have cost me something, but once diagnosed, her early intervention, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and other therapies are all covered by the government.

Our family chooses to have private health insurance and we pay less than half what you do, we do not pay for Medicare (that's what tax is for), and most of our medical expenses have no copay.

As I always end up asking in these threads, if Australia can do it, why can't America? You certainly have the population base to make it sustainable. But instead you let private companies fleece you all and call it freedom!

That anybody actually believes this is truly frightening to me. Especially the last part, which would seem to provide a divine mandate for war in particular circumstances.
I would say right back at ya - it is frightening to me when I hear Christians reflecting the negativity towards America that has infiltrated the current pop culture & become the "in" thing.
As far as mandate for war? we can read about that topic in the Bible.
The Bible also gives us Ecclesiastes - "To Everything There is a Season
…7a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a Time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace..."

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Dominigo

Nov 15, 2019
San Antonio
✟7,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, Americans are Very Hard on America in Relation to Their Opinion of Other Countries; This shows a Higher Standard of Living and Moral Law being practiced by its people; America is differently one of the best as far as living standards, second to Australia, and Japan I believe. However, Moral Law which in America is Primarily defined by Many American's by Their Faith makes a considerable difference whemn putting It above other countries; Faith being simply put, Belief in Christ/God, Which from a believers perspective would make it better than a so called heathen nation; Is the trend going upward OR DOWNWARD,

Upvote 0

Dominigo

Nov 15, 2019
San Antonio
✟7,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, Americans are Very Hard on America in Relation to Their Opinion of Other Countries; This shows a Higher Standard of Living and Moral Law being practiced by its people; America is differently one of the best as far as living standards, second to Australia, and Japan I believe. However, Moral Law which in America is Primarily defined by Many American's by Their Faith makes a considerable difference when putting It above other countries; Faith being simply put, Belief in Christ/God, Which from a believers perspective would make it better than a so called heathen nation; Is the trend going upward OR DOWNWARD,
is a question, however for a country which at one point had a high population of beleivers to decline and become athiestic would mark the doom of that country or the judgement of that country for correction and salvation . if one is wondering why Other countries which do not believe are prosperous, it is because God Disciplines those he loves, and a Country like a Person, who has no faith, may be abundantly blessed and led to the grave by their abundance and contentness of self and heart.
I think all countries will get Judged For Correction, which will result in Some Countries Rebelling against the Will of God for correction. and then they will be judged for Doom if there is no National Repenrance. When this takes place, I don't know, and what type of doom thy face, such as Spiritual or Physical/worldly doom, or total destruction I don't know; But I believe that the Total Destruction Plan is no longer appropriate and that Few if any need completely Perish from this World, and/or be cast into outer Darkness in the Life After. all just my opinion

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,178.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I would say right back at ya - it is frightening to me when I hear Christians reflecting the negativity towards America that has infiltrated the current pop culture & become the "in" thing.
As far as mandate for war? we can read about that topic in the Bible.
The Bible also gives us Ecclesiastes - "To Everything There is a Season
…7a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a Time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace..."

Christians are not supposed to be invested in nationalism, rather than the reign of God. I wouldn't say I'm negative towards America, but I am able to look at its strengths and weaknesses. (It's an interesting thing to reflect on, to me, because when my parents left South Africa they had a choice of Australia or America; had they chosen differently, my life would have been very different. And being aware of how it would have been different is a humbling thing).

That passage from Ecclesiastes is not saying that God wants us to go to war. War is perhaps the greatest human evil that exists, and those of us committed to the reign of God ought to be unequivocally committed to peace as an expression of that reign.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This is the picture of Gracie Anne Muehlberger, who had turned 15 years last month and was shot to death yesterday morning at her high school in America, that her father shared to the Go Fund Me page the family has established to seek assistance in ways of memorializing her. I pray the family doesn't have their grief exacerbated by steep medical costs. She died at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital in Valencia.

gracie.jpg

The boy who murdered her with a gun did so on his 16th birthday.

My video isn't particularly special; it's a rough choreography session to quickly put together a dance for a fundraiser for the victims of the Parkland shooting massacre on Valentine's Day 2018, and not of the fundraiser itself (we didn't film that). But the song is:

What a sweet looking gal. So tragic. Can't imagine what her parents are suffering. It's messed up for sure.

Loved your dancing. Thanks for sharing. That was beautiful.

Upvote 0

Dominigo

Nov 15, 2019
San Antonio
✟7,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians are not supposed to be invested in nationalism, rather than the reign of God. I wouldn't say I'm negative towards America, but I am able to look at its strengths and weaknesses. (It's an interesting thing to reflect on, to me, because when my parents left South Africa they had a choice of Australia or America; had they chosen differently, my life would have been very different. And being aware of how it would have been different is a humbling thing).

That passage from Ecclesiastes is not saying that God wants us to go to war. War is perhaps the greatest human evil that exists, and those of us committed to the reign of God ought to be unequivocally committed to peace as an expression of that reign.
Christians are told repeatedly to pray for their nation and their leaders; Our well being coincides with a leaders decision or errors. we are suppose to be model citizens who preach the gospel, so that no accusation can be hurled at us or so that if one is, we will have God as our defense attorney. I don't hate any country, and ive only been in one country, America, and I "love" it, as in the People, Individuals which make up the country

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
This post makes no sense.

(For the record, what i posted re: Aynaz Anni Cyrus' own testimony is in perfect sync with the OP of this thread. Discounting and/or dismissing this woman's testimony and/her survival story and why she loves and defends America and why she finds America worth fighting for, highlights the very fact WHY she is doing what she is doing, and why she finds it necessary. Her story/testimony is valid. It counts. She not only speaks for herself, but also for other women who have been, or are still being victimized, and those who were murdered under Sharia Law, and she highlights why she rescues them and brings them to AMERICA. Victims have a right to speak and should not be shushed, discounted, or dismissed. She deserves, at the very least, to be "heard" and "believed" and the fact that she was able to escape, celebrated. She emphasizes these, especially, about America: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness. i couldn't agree with her more. i join with Aynaz Anni Cyrus and other survivors in saying "God bless America".)

God help us.

Praying.
the OP is not about if America is worth fighting for it is about if it is the best. Aynaz's testimony added to this thread is supporting the premise that America is the best (not that America is worth fighting for). The premise has an unbalanced view and this testimony doesn't magically balance it and so the testimony contributes to the unbalanced view and it too inherits it. Why? because her testimony is not about if America is the best so when it's misused to declare this or help balance the OP this we the point and corrupt her testimony, it's also, I might add, a strawman to do this.
What has this post that quoted from my post, got to do with my post?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What has this post that quoted from my post, got to do with my post?
you said
"Aynaz Anni Cyrus' own testimony is in perfect sync with the OP of this thread..."
her testimony is about why America is worth fighting for it is not about why America is the best which is the premise of the OP. When you use her testimony to prop up the OP you do so out of the scope of her testimony and corrupt it. I'm not dismissing her words, I'm dismissing you using them to support the OP because this isn't a debate about her testimony and if you demand that they have to agree then it's a strawman. Saying America is the best is a very unbalanced view and it has been shown on this thread that although it is highly ranked it's not #1. That's the point and agree or disagree with that but what the point is not about is the claim of Aynaz Anni Cyrus's words which is not married to the OP. I may agree with Aynaz Anni Cyrus's words but disagree with the OP at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,191.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As far as mandate for war? we can read about that topic in the Bible. The Bible also gives us Ecclesiastes - "To Everything There is a Season
For the follower of Christ, there is no time for hate. And there is no time for war.

One needs to read the Bible holistically, and not snatch at individual passages to support a view that one has already arrived at on other grounds. Consider this (from Psalm 137) as just one example:

Remember, Lord, what the Edomites did
on the day Jerusalem fell.
“Tear it down,” they cried,
“tear it down to its foundations!”
Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction,
happy is the one who repays you
according to what you have done to us.
Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.

Taken literally, this text celebrates the brutal murder of infants for revenge. Is this something the Christian should embrace? Of course not.

The author of Ecclesiastes is almost certainly ruminating on the human condition - describing what life is like not prescribing what it should be like.

Likewise, the author of this Psalm is pouring out his heart, not telling us what to do!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that's what The Times reported, as from your first link, embedded:

"Nine people a day are being arrested for posting allegedly offensive messages online as police step up their campaign to combat social media hate speech. " -- The Times Of London

Christian Forums bans hate speech too, right?

We probably could not even post an example here. Correct?

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, there are many times that GOD has sanctioned war.
It also seems you are judging the different opinion from yourself i.e. the observation that America has received many blessings from GOD as just "nationalism"? it is not. This isn't about a competition of countries, this is an observation that GOD has HIS own purpose & plan & it is His Plan that is in play. The LORD is sovereign & GOD works outside & beyond the shallow worldly opinions, the cultural biases of people & dominant social media views.
Re: your statement that Ecclessiastes doesn't mean "God wants us to go to war"etc.. ? That was obviously not my point, neither did I say that, nor did I imply it.
Once again I differ from your worldview & your spiritual view. For me as far as Ecclessiastes & the Bible itself has taught & demonstrated that the LORD God's Plan & Purposes are far beyond the affairs of men and women & their myopic political views.

• Winner
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I don't understand. The government funds our healthcare, but my healthcare decisions are made by me in consultation with my healthcare professionals. What government control?

Seems to me there is more of a control issue with your system, where for-profit companies decide what they will and won't cover.

a) The idea that Revelation has anything to say about any modern secular country in particular is a complete misreading of Revelation.
b) Yes, I'm aware that there are some whacky ideas out there about end times stuff, but that shouldn't be the basis for anyone's international politics.
c) Even if the modern state of Israel is a fulfilment of prophecy (which is debatable), the idea that America has some special role as its superpower protector really is truly frightening. How far will that go? Will you nuke other countries because Israel? And then claim that's what God wanted?

That may be your experience there. But without safeguards to protect that, other countries don't have that. Other places the government decides what you get and when you get it. That's what we fear here.

• Agree
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I'm just pointing out what was reported. If you want more, you can always visit the following: Human Freedom Index

I'd also suspect that this incident probably factored into the score for 2018: Capital Gazette shooting - Wikipedia

That's why I don't really trust these places. The shooting of press has nothing to do with freedom. This is entirely too subjective and in no way shows that one is more free or less free. Freedom is about freedom from government control of your lives. Freedom to do, pursue, say and believe what you want.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
you said

her testimony is about why America is worth fighting for it is not about why America is the best which is the premise of the OP. When you use her testimony to prop up the OP you do so out of the scope of her testimony and corrupt it. I'm not dismissing her words, I'm dismissing you using them to support the OP because this isn't a debate about her testimony and if you demand that they have to agree then it's a strawman. Saying America is the best is a very unbalanced view and it has been shown on this thread that although it is highly ranked it's not #1. That's the point and agree or disagree with that but what the point is not about is the claim of Aynaz Anni Cyrus's words which is not married to the OP. I may agree with Aynaz Anni Cyrus's words but disagree with the OP at the same time.
Anni's own testimony is full of the detail of why she is thankful for the freedoms here, and how those freedoms and liberties saved her very life, as well other survivor's lives.

America is the country that has right in the Declaration of Independence "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness". THIS is why this country was founded. LIFE, being of the utmost importance.

THIS is what Anni emphasizes and stands for, and why she fights for this country, for herself, and others who've escaped tyrannical and deadly governments, and those still there, where they could be killed at any moment. For those who have been killed she remembers them, and continues her fight for the sake of those still at the mercy of a tyrannical and deadly government..

i agree with her.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0