• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Adolf Hitler - The World's Most Infamous Creationist

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Klonz, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,386
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    So would I ... but at them, not what I'm writing.

That's why I always make the point that those who used the Bible to commit these atrocities, did it in spite of the Bible, not with respect to It.

And for the record, the only ones I see today using the Bible to justify genocide, wars, slavery, rape, incest, polygamy, and terrorism are you guys.

Now don't get me wrong.

You guys wouldn't do it yourselves, since you don't believe in the Bible.

But you'll wonder why we won't do it; and that's sad.

As I have pointed out before, I think 9/11 went down in small part because scientific methodists prompted the Muslims not to be hypocritical with their Koran.

Scientific methodists here try the same thing with our Bible, and it doesn't work.

So, of course, we get ridiculed as hypocrites.

And that suits me just fine.

2. AV1611VET

+40,386
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Mortified is a pretty good term.

After all, the Serpent used the word of God to get Eve to sin in the Garden.

He first Arab phoned it to her, and when she responded, he pulled a HitchSlap and said, in essence, "Nope. Won't happen."

[C+E] + [PL+S] = GEN3.

3. Oncedeceived

Oncedeceived Senior Veteran

+541
    Christian
    Married
    Ginger, you can not know what another experiences in their lives. God is real. Period. I know reality. I am a productive member of society. I live a good life, a moral life. I know I can trust my grasp on reality.

Do you know the difference of believing something and knowing something? IF you believe something and only believe it, you can change that belief. If you know something you know it. Knowing is different than belief.
    Again, you are equating feelings with knowledge.

Feelings are not knowledge.

You said you were raised by Christians? hmmmm.

4. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,435
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Ok. You have made some statements about how God acts and have admitted they may be true, but you were not sure.

So, what do you 'know' about God and not just think, may be true about God?

Also, what do you base this 'knowing' on?

5. Oncedeceived

+541
    Christian
    Married
    What I know is that God is real. That He exists and that He is the Christian God.

6. Davian

Davian fallible

+1,158
    Ignostic
    Married
    You know God is real because you know God is real.

Not a particularly robust argument. Somewhat circular, I would say.

7. Ginger123

Ginger123 Regular Member

+3
    Atheist
    Married
    We are not talking about how good or bad a person you are we are talking about your belief in a supernatural God.
    Saying that, does your God exist in reality or in the supernatural?
    Yes I do, to know something is true is not a state of mind, if something is true it's true no matter how you feel or don't feel about it.
    Exactly, you have feelings not knowledge, you just feel you have knowledge of something it's impossible for you to have knowledge of.
    No I was not raised by Christians in fact quite the opposite.

What you must realise is that the British view religion as a personal thing, people here say, my beliefs are my beliefs and have nothing to do with anyone else, in the US the opposite is true, if some Americans believe something [for no good reason] they want everyone to believe as they do and usually dislike the people who do not believe as they do,
    in the UK if you don't mention your belief in a magic man neither will I, which means you can believe what ever [sensible to you and crazy thing to me] you like and never be questioned about it.

The older I get the more I realise that our 'live and let live' attitude will be our undoing.

8. Oncedeceived

+541
    Christian
    Married
    Both.

Yes. That is exactly right. If you know something is true even if that something is not what you might want it doesn't matter because it is true regardless.

You are mistaken, and in reality you have no reasonable way to know that I don't know. You have no reasonable way to determine that I feel rather than know. I do however.

No I was not raised by Christians in fact quite the opposite.

What leads you to believe that?

Explain?

9. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,435
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Based on what exactly?

10. AV1611VET

+40,386
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    The Bible.

Certainly not the Koran, Bhavagad-gita, The Preservation of Favoured Races, or Mein Kampf.

11. Oncedeceived

+541
    Christian
    Married
    There are various forms of evidence. Personal, evidence that others can substantiate, evidence in the universe, evidence in prophecy, evidence in revelations through various means substantiating the same information. It is a multitude of different elements that come together.

Consistency in the whole Christian worldview.

12. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+2,784
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    If the Bible had never been written, people with the desires to do those things would have justified them some other way.

13. HitchSlap

HitchSlap Burn the torch!

+4,907
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I think you're on to something.

:thumbsup:

14. Ginger123

Ginger123 Regular Member

+3
    Atheist
    Married
    Thank you but I have had enough now, I feel that your critical thinking ability has been damaged beyond repair.

15. Oncedeceived

+541
    Christian
    Married
    \

What would cause that damage?

16. HitchSlap

+4,907
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Religion.

17. Oncedeceived

+541
    Christian
    Married
    Religion does not alter brain functioning.

18. HitchSlap

+4,907
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Nor does it allow you to critically evaluate data and accept things for what they are.

19. Oncedeceived

+541
    Christian
    Married
    Really? Why not.

20. HitchSlap

+4,907
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Religion necessarily requires you accept certain dogma, without question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.