• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Adolf Hitler - The World's Most Infamous Creationist

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Klonz, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oncedeceived

Oncedeceived Senior Veteran

+541
    Christian
    Married

Christianity at its core requires that we accept that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and died for our sins. Then it requires one to accept the inspired word of God the Bible. The interpretations and so forth of that can lead to different ideas about dogma. Regardless, there is no damage to the brain in any case.

2. HitchSlap

HitchSlap Burn the torch!

+4,917
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Exactly, Christianity "requires" that you accept certain dogma. This is the point at which your freedom to exercise critical thought and rational judgement ends.

3. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,436
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    When you say "accept the inspired word of God the bible", what exactly do you mean?

There is significant difference in how christians view the bible and that would even include christian scholars and historians.

4. Davian

Davian fallible

+1,158
    Ignostic
    Married
    [pedant]
    You mean, accept the bible as the inspired word of God. The other way would be circular.
    [/pedant]

Or you meant it that way. <shrug>
    The lack of consensus is conspicuous.
    From here, it appears more like a hijacking.

5. Ginger123

Ginger123 Regular Member

+3
    Atheist
    Married
    Why do you people always do this?
    I said nothing about your brain being damaged.

The statement above however does prove that your critical thinking ability has been damaged beyond repair.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  6. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,400
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Did Hitler believe in selective breeding over hybrid vigor in the animal species known as Homo sapiens?

7. Ginger123

Ginger123 Regular Member

+3
    Atheist
    Married
    Yes, he wanted to breed a super race from people like US, you, me and my aunt Hermione.

8. AV1611VET

+40,400
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    But that won't work due to inbreeding depression ... correct?

9. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,544
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    He did believe in human selective breeding. He learned his lessons from the Spartans, 2,300 years before Darwin.

He was also big on getting rid of parasites.
    The Jew as World Parasite (1944)
    [​IMG]

10. AV1611VET

+40,400
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    But selective breeding just makes it worse, does it not?

Doesn't it allow for genetic deficiencies within a specific line to achieve dominant status?

11. Ginger123

Ginger123 Regular Member

+3
    Atheist
    Married
    Ask any horse or racing pigeon breeder and they will say no, how do you think cows give more milk? or plants give more or bigger fruit? ask the Banana man he will tell you, evolution that's how.

Breeding is just a speeded up version of evolution, instead of letting nature take it's course we step in and choose what we want to achieve, bigger, stronger, faster, smaller, sweeter etc.

12. AV1611VET

+40,400
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm not talking about hybrid breeding, I'm talking about inbreeding.

I just read on Wikipedia that purebreeds have severe genetic deficiencies due to the constant breeding of the same breed to each other.

Dogs in a dog show look a lot better, but they have genetic problems.

The answer to inbreeding depressing is hybrid vigor.

13. Ginger123

Ginger123 Regular Member

+3
    Atheist
    Married
    You didn't mention 'inbreeding' you said 'selective breeding', I can only respond to what you write.

Racing pigeon breeders deliberately inbreed because they know that inbreeding can produce either an idiots or a genius,
    I don't know about horse breeding.
    Do you think birds in a flock know who they are mating with? a male mates with a female and that's all they know.

14. Ginger123

Ginger123 Regular Member

+3
    Atheist
    Married
    That wouldn't happen in nature because it would be populations that changed not individuals.

15. Ginger123

Ginger123 Regular Member

+3
    Atheist
    Married
    I guess that's the end of this conversation....

16. mathetes123

mathetes123 Newbie

+42
    Baptist
    Married
    All changes within the same created kind, not changes from one created kind to another.

17. Ginger123

Ginger123 Regular Member

+3
    Atheist
    Married
    Created kind? there is no such thing.
    Created? it wasn't you just wish it was, Kind? you can't tell me what that is.

How can anyone believe so completely in something they don't understand?
    Explain what God is, you can't, explain what the holy ghost is, you can't, explain what a soul is, you can't,
    you believe everything but you can explain nothing about what you believe.
    How do you get over that? you say you have faith, you need faith to believe in something you don't understand.
    I would call it something other than faith.

18. mathetes123

mathetes123 Newbie

+42
    Baptist
    Married
    The Bible describes just what we observe in nature, that all living things reproduce after their own kind.

You can't explain how everything came from nothing, how life spontaneously developed from none life, how that first simple life form miraculously developed the ability to reproduce itself in the first generation, going from the goo, through the zoo, to me and you, yet by faith, given enough time, you believe something you don't understand.

19. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,155
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

We are..therefore we were created.

[​IMG]

Preaching anything else takes too much faith.

Why would there be any created kinds now? One would expect that all kinds we have would be long after the creation fact.

20. TheReasoner

TheReasoner Former christian, current teapot agnostic.

+641
    Atheist
    Married
    We do not know what happened at the singularity which formed the universe, no. Not yet. Also we do not know what were the first chemical steps to the origin of life.

BUT, we know a lot about what happened afterwards. It is not a matter of faith, but of sound scientific work. In the question of the evolution of the universe to what we have now, we can observe the universe at different distances from us, and as light takes time to travel, we see what was going on elsewhere at distant times in the past. So we know a lot about what happened by direct observation.

In terms of biology it is more complex in some ways. We see evolution happening now, and we even use it to guide life where we want it for agri- or aquaculture, or various industrial and biomedical purposes. We know it happens now. We can also extrapolate backwards in time by both employing known observations from nature, observations from genetics, and so on. We also see that what we find in the fossil record backs this. So, to be criminally brief here: We also know that once life started, about 3.7 bn years ago it started evolving, and eventually it reached this point. It continues now, of course.

I would recommend "The Beak of the Finch" by Jonathan Weiner which is an easy read touching on the history of the scientific theory of evolution. It will uncover a little bit about why it is as solid as it is, and perhaps dispel some misconceptions you as an american christian might have about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.