Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump gets things done that help us. Biden has done nothing to help us in his 47 years in government that record speaks for its self. Just ask a vet or someone that lost a job to China. Trump is on a mission to make America great again and the democrats are not.

American power is waning, it has been ever since Vietnam. We live in a multipolar world. Trump's unilateralism would simply hasten that decline, leave the world fragmented, without a soft landing for the United States, or the world at large.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Police support Trump, whether it's unions or fraternal organizations (such as FOP). And no, it's not because all police unions are inherently evil. Biden is simply tied up in an anti-police party, and no one thinks he is strong enough to hold back the tide.
Police support Republicans. This is nothing new. The more authoritarian, the better.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I can tell who won by the fact that even the Trump supporters openly und unanimously say that their guy looked bad. I think that's a first on this forum.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
American power is waning, it has been ever since Vietnam.

But that's the point right. He wants to bring it back to it's former self as in MAGA? And why shouldn't his strong assertion that America can do this be looked upon as showing positive leadership?

And here's a point I would have brought up if I were Trump....when talk was on about the covid issue. How is it that the Obama administration with Joe apart and yes other administrations ever allowed most of the pharmaceutical products to be made overseas? He could have said I'm the one who has stood up and said I'm going to stop it which has been his vision all along. So are Trump's basic policies right or wrong. I'd say he's more on the right track.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
But that's the point right. He wants to bring it back to it's former self as in MAGA? And why shouldn't his strong assertion that America can do this be looked upon as showing positive leadership?

Trump is actually sabotaging American soft power in the world. China is filling the void.

And here's a point I would have brought up if I were Trump....when talk was on about the covid issue. How is it that the Obama administration with Joe apart and yes other administrations ever allowed most of the pharmaceutical products to be made overseas? He could have said I'm the one who has stood up and said I'm going to stop it which has been his vision all along. So are Trump's basic policies right or wrong. I'd say he's more on the right track.

Trump doesn't really seem to care about those issues in a substantive way (after all, he cut funding to the CDC's pandemic task force), he just wants to shill for the oil and gas lobbies. Why bother preparing for the future when you can blame the Democrats or the Left after the fact, that is his logic.

Upvote 0

samiam

Jun 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
They said Hilary would win a landslide, so what's your point? We should trust the data or the polls?

2016 was a once-in-a-lifetime polling error. What happened in 2016 is that the majority of undecided voters ended up voting for Trump in the Rust Belt (PA, WI, MI). Here the number of undecided voters is a lot lower, Trump is polling behind, and the swings in polling are a lot lower than they were in 2016.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It was a dumpster fire. It was horrible in my point of view. I don't even think Trump walked into this debate prepared, or taking Biden seriously. I also did not like the nanny like moderation. Chris Wallace is not the individual running for office. It should be Biden defending his stance and presenting his own platform. I do not want to see a Wallace Trump debate.

I do not like such sterile environment considering the people these individuals will have to contend with once they are in office. I feel both of them need to be called out by each other and defend their positions. Not have the moderator directing the entire event.

Neither of them ever got to make a case, prove their point, or discuss a topic before that issue was shut down and the next topic was posed. Need more free and open dialogue between candidates. Less direction from moderators.

The job of a moderator during the debate is to ask questions and to make sure both sides have equal time and opportunity to answer the questions. As Trump seemed incapable of just being silent for 2 minutes, Wallace had to shut him down which was his job as moderator.

Both sides agreed to basic rules prior to the debate. Trump needs to calm down and let his opponent speak otherwise he just comes across as a whining manchild who is afraid of what Biden might say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
It was a dumpster fire. It was horrible in my point of view. I don't even think Trump walked into this debate prepared, or taking Biden seriously. I also did not like the nanny like moderation. Chris Wallace is not the individual running for office. It should be Biden defending his stance and presenting his own platform. I do not want to see a Wallace Trump debate.

I do not like such sterile environment considering the people these individuals will have to contend with once they are in office. I feel both of them need to be called out by each other and defend their positions. Not have the moderator directing the entire event.

Neither of them ever got to make a case, prove their point, or discuss a topic before that issue was shut down and the next topic was posed. Need more free and open dialogue between candidates. Less direction from moderators.
The last thing that mess needed was ‘less direction’. If you think what happened tonight was unproductive, it won’t be any better as some unordered free-for-all, which is exactly what will happen if it becomes a ‘free and open dialogue’.

Two old men shouting at each other nonstop for an hour and a half. That’s not a presidential debate, it’s Sunday night at the bingo hall.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The job of a moderator during the debate is to ask questions and to make sure both sides have equal time and opportunity to answer the questions. As Trump seemed incapable of just being silent for 2 minutes, Wallace had to shut him down which was his job as moderator.

Both sides agreed to basic rules prior to the debate.

That's not real life on 2 points. An overly moderated debate is just a talking session. I have learned more watching rallies, both parties concerned, than this 'debate'.

Secondly, allow them to either hang or redeem themselves. They are grown men. They do not need someone to hold their hand or constantly rein in the debate within established parameters.

Trump needs to calm down and let his opponent speak otherwise he just comes across as a whining manchild who is afraid of what Biden might say.

Then let him speak. Wallace doesn't need to be the gaff police, and get Biden back on topic. Let him speak...

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Two old men shouting at each other nonstop for an hour and a half. That’s not a presidential debate, it’s Sunday night at the bingo hall.

Welcome to 2020.

• Agree
Reactions: adrianmonk
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's not real life on 2 points. An overly moderated debate is just a talking session. I have learned more watching rallies, both parties concerned, than this 'debate'.

Secondly, allow them to either hang or redeem themselves. They are grown men. They do not need someone to hold their hand or constantly rein in the debate within established parameters.

Without moderation this would just be Trump rambling nonsense for 90 minutes. Just look how unhinged he is WITH moderation. It's embarrassing how a President can't even shut up for 2 minutes and have a polite and productive conversation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Trump gets things done that help us. Biden has done nothing to help us in his 47 years in government that record speaks for its self. Just ask a vet or someone that lost a job to China. Trump is on a mission to make America great again and the democrats are not.
I thought that was THE major point that was important. Biden did little while he was in office for 47 years. That should have ramifications.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Without moderation this would just be Trump rambling nonsense for 90 minutes. Just look how unhinged he is WITH moderation. It's embarrassing how a President can't even shut up for 2 minutes and have a polite and productive conversation.

Let's look at what you just wrote. Look at the constant animus we face. I am of the point of view such call for decency are nothing more than attempted censorship of my own speech. Or Trump's for that matter. No one is trying to be decent in addressing Trump. We are just supposed to watch our mouths for some reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Let at what you just wrote. Look at the constant animus we face. I am of the point of view such call for decency are nothing more than attempted censorship of my own speech. Or Trumps for that matter. No one is trying to be decent in addressing Trump. We are just supposed to watch our mouths for some reason.

Both sides agreed to these terms for the debates.

If Trump's team doesn't like these rules then don't do the debate. But to agree to the rules and then breaking them is really poor behavior.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Both sides agreed to these terms for the debates.

If Trump's team doesn't like these rules then don't do the debate. But to agree to the rules and then breaking them is really poor behavior.

Again, I don't want to be hypocritically preached to about rules or codes of conduct from people who support those opposing Trump. They make their own rules, and then do not even follow them themselves.

Upvote 0