Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder how Mr. Walker would feel if he were the one being told he had no business exercising his rights as a citizen because of where he was born.

I know you disagree, but you're wrong. You're demonstrably wrong. Trump built his campaign on the racist conspiracy theory that Barack Obama was not born in the US and he has continued to stoke racist fears throughout his presidency. None of that is negated by the fact that Trump was also nice to one football player.
Herschel Walker has many sides.
Herschel Walker: 'Tell the World My Truth'

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Every time this or similar articles get posted, it's clear that the people re-posting them don't really understand the question or the facts well enough to construct a substantive answer.

None of those things are accomplishments of his, at least how they're described. For them to be an accomplishment of his, he would've had to have done something to bring about those improvements rather than sit idly by while they happened on their own.

Additionally, several things in that article consisted of one action spread out over multiple lines and somehow credited as multiple actions.

It's obvious that people who post things like he hasn't accomplished anything don't have a clue. His policies and political work accomplished those things.

It's clear from your post you aren't willing to give him credit for much of anything. To not give Trump credit for any of it would also have to mean Obama didn't do anything either.

Presidents have to work with Congress to get things done and it appears that he got a lot of work done.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What's nonsense about it?

Is it nonsense to claim that the birther conspiracy was racist?

Is it nonsense to claim that his original attack on The Squad last year was racist?

Is it nonsense to claim that his claims that Biden would unleash a "flood of refugees" and turn Minnesota into a refugee camp was racist?

Is it nonsense to point out that stoking fears of the destruction of suburbia plays on a long history of racist housing policy and white flight?

Please, @rjs330 , tell me what about my post was "typical left-wing nonsense" and how your post wasn't merely "typical right-wing nonsense" that ignores facts and ignores obvious racism because you 1.) don't care about it at all and 2.) really don't care about it when it's somebody on your side doing it. Tell me how you're not just acting as an apologist for a racist old man pandering to a bunch of racists in the audience.

There's no point in it. You believe in your left wing nonsense. There was nothing racist about the birther conspiracy.

Nor the squad incident. It's all in the leftist mind. Mean while Biden call Obama the clean, articulate black man and not a peep.

Meanwhile what I posted are facts. Not opinions.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
There's no point in it. You believe in your left wing nonsense. There was nothing racist about the birther conspiracy.

Nor the squad incident. It's all in the leftist mind. Mean while Biden call Obama the clean, articulate black man and not a peep.

Vice President Biden apologized for that comment, even though no ill-will towards President Obama, or African Americans, was meant by the remark.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Mean while Biden call Obama the clean, articulate black man and not a peep.
Oh, I remember there were PEEPS, quite a few.
But it was also when Candidate Obama first started considering Biden as an ally.
Funny how history works, huh?

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's obvious that people who post things like he hasn't accomplished anything don't have a clue. His policies and political work accomplished those things.

It's clear from your post you aren't willing to give him credit for much of anything. To not give Trump credit for any of it would also have to mean Obama didn't do anything either.

Presidents have to work with Congress to get things done and it appears that he got a lot of work done.
See there's two things going on for critics

Bad policy decisions that we disagree with. Yes, he got those done but they were garbage policies that are destructive and myopic. What you call "credit" we call blame.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Nice quote mine.

Try watching the entire thing in context:
Van Jones and Rick Santorum clash over RNC rhetoric - CNN Video

His entire point was that while Trump has done a couple things to help blacks, those things are overshadowed by his engaging in racist scaremongering.

That's great, but it doesn't rebut my post, so I don't know what your point is.

Also doesn't rebut my comments and as your own link points out, some of them aren't even true.

I didn't say that he's accomplished nothing. I said that those things I listed aren't accomplishments. They're just things that happened. "When signing that bill he said no American should be blindsided by bills for medical services they never agreed to in advance" isn't even a thing that happened on his watch - it's just an offhanded comment that he made. Describing how they're accomplishments of his would require describing the actions he took to bring about those circumstances.

And I'm happy to acknowledge things he has done, but I've yet to come across a single TrumpFan who can articulate his accomplishments with any degree of clarity and thoroughness. All you guys can ever manage to do is regurgitate idiotic lists like that one.

Nor the squad incident. It's all in the leftist mind.

Both attacks directly targeted their birthplaces and their American-ness. That's fundamentally racist, your denialism and apologism not withstanding.

Mean while Biden call Obama the clean, articulate black man and not a peep.

There was loads of commentary about it at the time.
Biden's description of Obama draws scrutiny - CNN.com

Meanwhile what I posted are facts. Not opinions.

Nope, they're all opinions.

Who has deceived you?

Care to articulate a point?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
See there's two things going on for critics

Bad policy decisions that we disagree with. Yes, he got those done but they were garbage policies that are destructive and myopic. What you call "credit" we call blame.

That's a opinion. Those accomplishments helped people.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Nice quote mine.

Try watching the entire thing in context:
Van Jones and Rick Santorum clash over RNC rhetoric - CNN Video

His entire point was that while Trump has done a couple things to help blacks, those things are overshadowed by his engaging in racist scaremongering.

That's great, but it doesn't rebut my post, so I don't know what your point is.

Also doesn't rebut my comments and as your own link points out, some of them aren't even true.

I didn't say that he's accomplished nothing. I said that those things I listed aren't accomplishments. They're just things that happened. "When signing that bill he said no American should be blindsided by bills for medical services they never agreed to in advance" isn't even a thing that happened on his watch - it's just an offhanded comment that he made. Describing how they're accomplishments of his would require describing the actions he took to bring about those circumstances.

And I'm happy to acknowledge things he has done, but I've yet to come across a single TrumpFan who can articulate his accomplishments with any degree of clarity and thoroughness. All you guys can ever manage to do is regurgitate idiotic lists like that one.

Both attacks directly targeted their birthplaces and their American-ness. That's fundamentally racist, your denialism and apologism not withstanding.

There was loads of commentary about it at the time.
Biden's description of Obama draws scrutiny - CNN.com

Nope, they're all opinions.

Care to articulate a point?

Sorry facts are not opinions. That's much of the problem here. And in general with many on the left. Facts are opinions and opinions become facts.

Upvote 0

ralfyman

Apr 12, 2019
Moonachie
✟22,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It was pointless because it is based on lack of substance, fallacies, and interruptions. It should have been conducted with a timer, microphones that are turned on and off automatically based on that, and debaters in soundproof glass booths. Later, a transcript can be provided where all types of experts can identify both debaters' arguments by pointing out factual errors and fallacies (e.g., didn't answer the question, didn't give factual evidence, talking about something else). Negative points can be given for each error, and voters get to see who lost the debate.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That's a opinion. Those accomplishments helped people.
Of COURSE it's an opinion. Of course! Just like your view is just an opinion. Are you under the impression that your take on the situation is somehow MORE than an opinion?

Those actions also harmed people and /or the US and/or its allies and/or its trading partners and/or institutions that made the American political system admirable.

The fact that a few people were able to scoop up a second job to help pay bills or that quite a few people are paying maybe a couple hundred less in taxes does not mean all of policy decisions were rainbows and apple pie for everyonr., Nor that they were all good. All it really proved is that the rich Got FAR richer than anyone else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Numbers matter? Yes, numbers matter, but *all* of the numbers matter; and it's quite clear that you don't understand the numbers. Trends in those numbers also matter, arguably moreso than the raw numbers themselves. Can you find a trend in the unemployment numbers for blacks or for the S&P 500 that changed notably from Obama's tenure to Trump's?
I see a big jump in 2020 that is absent from the data during Obama's terms in office.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0