The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was looking for various paterns in the me and my words department and had a couple of studies coming in from different angles and thought I would try to combine them here. Its longwinded (yes) and repeats some in certain places to show how they compare better. Well, it works for me anyway. Given Jesus said, My doctrine (teaching) is not mine, but him that sent me, he that abideth not in doctrine of Christ hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine (teaching) of Christ hath both the Son and the Father. As God told Moses he would put his words in the Prophet he would raise up, who would speak what he would command him and how that can be shown in Jesus words variously.

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me and they have received them and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Therefore...

He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me and they have received them

And so...

They continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

And for this cause also thank we God without ceasing,

Because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men,

But as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Abiding not is not abiding in the doctrine

He that transgresseth and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ hath not God

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken , the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself

My doctrine is not mine , but his that sent me.

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

The Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Even as it says...

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

The word of this salvation...The word spoken...

For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation

Which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him

Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

And that we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven

Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

Whereas he said to them after his resurrection...

O fools and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself .

Whereas here it speaks this way...

If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead

And so we see them persuading them out of the same...

And persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Even as Philip preached Jesus Christ to the Eunuch from Isaiah

They are they which testify of me.

Which are those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Ought not Christ have suffered these things and then enter into glory Jesus Christ asked?

So likewise take up the apostles

Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Hitting it twofold, his suffering (above) and resurrection (below)

And God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Again...

O fools and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Those "things", these "things", or none "other things"

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

They searched "those things" in the scriptures concerning Him.

Even as Jesus said

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them

And these are who he prayed for

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

And who else he prays for also

Their word ...

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them

Therefore...

He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

The cause of thanks to God

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

So again...

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation

Which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him

Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning.

If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways, the LORD shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Being ashamed of him is twofold of both him and his words (his doctrine)

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

For example this way...

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

I might add more to this one later

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:amen: Good thread Sis!:thumbsup:

The seed...the root....the vine...the branches...the fruit.:)

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

It's the fruit that never goes bad if we abide in Him.:clap:

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:amen: Good thread Sis!:thumbsup:

The seed...the root....the vine...the branches...the fruit.:)

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

It's the fruit that never goes bad if we abide in Him.:clap:

Thanks bro:clap: Amen its all by Him :thumbsup:

Heres a few to your post

I am the vine, ye are the branches:

He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

For without me ye can do nothing.

Abide in me, and I in you.

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine;

No more can ye, except ye abide in me.

For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.:clap:

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Seems to go together speaking to our abiding, and the fruit that come from the Spirit of Christ and being perfected in love.

God bless you bro

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen bro:thumbsup: The whole idea of being a tree whose fruit withereth is not one of those desireable things. Our fruit is by Jesus Christ, wouldnt want to turn down being even more fruitful but that come by some fun pruning huh? (snip) ..."ouch"! lol

I dont know where I am going with these, sorta trailed off in the end, but Im just throwing these into the mix. Always trying to better line up things in various orders. These are most reference to places showing more directly (though not touching upon those things) "out of" the law and the prophets. A tad different from the above, Im just very weird in what I love to do^_^ I noticed that again at my forum, I put, "run it this way, and then"now this way", and again "but in this way" and "now take the first two and combine them" (now combine, the third, and forth etc etc). I make no sense, and sometimes dont go anywhere but I can do that forever and never get bored (as you well know) ^_^

Okay to the book, and they which bear witness to Him, and those who preach him out of them. Just a little different and alot shorter, because I'm on empty ^_^

Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

He expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

For he (Apolllos) mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

The eunuch reading in the book of Isaiah

And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I am "the way"

But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

And they are they which testify of me.

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

And ye are witnesses of these things.

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us)

I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken

Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me and they have received them and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Shorthand version

And he (Philip) arose and went:

And, behold, a man of Ethiopia, ... and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. And Philip ran thither to him

Understandest thou what thou readest?

How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

I dont know where I was really going with that, just sorta mixing it up. Showing how the apostles preached Jesus Christ out of the law and the prophets. Even how the eunuch didnt know who Isaiah was talking about (whether of himself) or of some other man (as he expressed). And from there out of the prophets Philip preached Jesus Christ who fulfilled those things they testified of.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Connecting all the dots Sis, good work.:thumbsup:

This verse here made me think of those beasts whom I've fought with in the past concerning scripture being the very words of God. But Jesus shows this truth in Moses' writings...

John 5:47

His words were what Moses wrote.:thumbsup: Just as Jesus also said of Moses and the prophets "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

Why? Because Moses and the prophets spake by the same Word and Spirit of God, and to reject Him, is to reject the Truth.

There are many who still do not truly hear what the Spirit is saying in the law and prophets.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Connecting all the dots Sis, good work.:thumbsup:

This verse here made me think of those beasts whom I've fought with in the past concerning scripture being the very words of God. But Jesus shows this truth in Moses' writings...

John 5:47

His words were what Moses wrote.:thumbsup: Just as Jesus also said of Moses and the prophets "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

Why? Because Moses and the prophets spake by the same Word and Spirit of God, and to reject Him, is to reject the Truth.

There are many who still do not truly hear what the Spirit is saying in the law and prophets.

You know bro there was this one pastor I had heard who had said people should rip out the whole OT, meaning all the words of the law and the prophets. And I was like WHAT? ^_^ These testify of him. You see the apostles use them.

You can see God speaking to Moses of raising up a Prophet like unto you, and how that he would put his words in his mouth and speak by commandment, and even from there weave in variously how Jesus spake there. Not having to directly reference there either but by his choice of words (how he spake). Jesus refering back to Moses wrote of me (who himself said, "Him ye shall hear"). Sorta like the baton being handed over (just written beforehand) which paves for "the way". So that had gotten me on my initial tangent, "they are they which testify of me". So makes sence since in one place they'd say, "we know God spake to Moses, but as for this fellow? we know not whence he is from". So if these testify of me, even as Moses wrote of me and you dont believe their words (concerning me) how shall you believe mine? Though you see some saying, "of a truth this is that Prophet" even as the apostles pointed the same out. And again even they which could repeat ask when asked "where is the Christ to be born" would say, oh here in Bethlehem "thus saith the prophet" but then look at his mother and brethren and be like, "how does he say he cometh down from heaven"? Or whose Son is the Christ, they answered "Son of David" (per the book) but then he'd ask that how question, how then does David call him Lord? And again stumped there. Taking those things spoken before of the prophets and Jesus expounding these things to his disciples and them springboarding off of the former is shown (further clarifying them).

So you can see in their preaching of Jesus Christ they do so from out of the law and the prophets. This is seen more clearly in Philip. More simply so, the gospel being contained therein from where he preached Jesus to him (from there).

I still find nuggets of stuff I missed and man, I'll tell you even if just one thing is added to me I am thrilled to death, whether it be in the framing out of one thing or the meat and gravy in between, His words rock as He rocks. He is so awesome :thumbsup:

Upvote 0