Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just look at your quotation from Gill. He says the things which the Spirit reveals to believers are not new revelations received by impressions and stirrings, but rather the "truths of the Gospel".
no he says

"internal revelation and application of the truths" Two aspects, revelation internally and applications of the truth. these applications would fit under the category of the spiritual walk and discerning of all things in their walk and knowledge and teaching of God. The things of God are what are revealed. The things of God are connected to everything we do and say and think and understand.

So the truths that are revealed are internal, he said this section was not speaking about the external scriptures, which you deliberately avoided. The way you twist words is incredible, you are not honestly seeing the text and trying soo hard to make it fit your twisted view of the text.

I wonder what you think the word "in the Spirit " means, or what you think spirit is?

Gill also said

which designs not the external revelation made in the Scriptures

And you again try to lie and make up stuff and try to build a "straw man" fallacy again by implying that your quoting Gill when you say your own misunderstandings and try t make him say the same. he is directly saying the opposite and shows that Paul is not speaking of the external scriptures but the inward revelation of the Spirit

you said.

"quotation from Gill. He says the things which the Spirit reveals to believers are not new revelations received by impressions and stirrings"

Show me where Gill said that? I am waiting and so are all who watch on and when you cannot produce that quote from from Gill you will be exposed to all that you speak a deliberate twisting of the text to try and fit his words 9 which clearly rebuke you and agree with what i was saying in the section 1 Cor 2)

Your evil here has been found out. Now you will twist again and try to make it seem like you were right and did not say a lie in Gills mouth and imply that he said what you did here.

Again you found yourself out.

It just takes some time to poke at the grass with a rod till the snake slithers out.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
The Greek δοκεῖ translated imagines means 'thinks'.
Makes no difference. It is still something he only subjectively thinks he knows.

It is folly to claim that all thinking is wrong.

It is folly to claim that all imagining is wrong.
That's not what the verse says....
"If anyone thinks that he knows something, "

An impression or an intuition (gut-feeling) would fall into that category.

The context is in relation to food offered to idols. It is referring to the thoughts of those who have come out of idolatry and are not yet free of the thoughts that have been associated with that practice.
No, it is a general principle that applies to all believers. Just as the previous verse is a general principle....

"But knowledge puffs up while love builds up."

and the subsequent verse is a general principle.,...

"But whoever loves God is known by God."

Paul only applies those general principles to food offered to idols from verse 4 onwards.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
I see you ran away from even considering the ,an, (brother as Paul calls him) in 1 Cor 1. This man "Sosthenes" and Paul wrote to the church, so the we could possibly be both of them. I already showed you commentators that say Paul sis referring in the surrounding verses to all the saints. I already showed you many times that I said Paul "also" refers to his and possibly the brother mentioned in chapter 1:1, or those who are spiritual.

I notice how you just ignore verses that correct you and possibly shatter your false doctrine.

I use this discussion to help others who might read on and who have to deal with similar wrong discussions from men like you. i also use this talk to help others who may have similar arguments in groups that deny hearing Gods voice or the immediate teaching in them today. When I meet such men who hold similar unusual and unbiblical views as you have I can hopefully share things God has taught me through our discussion to help them.

And I never said Paul is not referring to his own experience in certain verses. But the big error you make and false assumption. is that you try to assume that Paul only hand a few other apostles have the Holy Ghost teach them and that the Holy Ghost does not teach every believer as scripture shows He does. And you said that the Holy Ghost does not teach you as well.(that part i agree with in your case as it has been sadly obvious in your understanding and wrong interpretations. Also , they shall all be taught of God. Even men before they knew Jesus in person were taught of the father and had the Father in them.

It doesn't matter if you think others agree with you. i am speaking of what the scripture says and it is clear. Im sure many of the reformers had many who were against them and some may have used the majority is right argument, but they were wrong.

For example i can say in truth that every single catholic who teaches that wearing a scapular on their neck with a picture of the so called "Mary" on it and the words on one side saying that by wearing that scapular they will escape the eternal flames, is wrong and false. it doesn't matter how many millions may agree with that.

Or every cult that denies the deity of Christ, I can say with assurance is wrong. It doesn't matter if there were millions of them. i say they are all wrong according to the revelation of God through the scriptures he has shown me in this matter.

I can also say that every person who denies that the gifts of the Spirit are for today is wrong as well, according to scripture and the revelation fo God in my spirit.
If the "we" was Paul and Sosthenes, then you have just shot yourself in the foot. You said the "we" in v13 was all believers!

But why on earth would it be Sosthenes? Sosthenes did not accompany Paul in his missionary journey to Corinth. Only Paul preached God's wisdom to the Corinthians (the "I" and the "you" in v1-5). After v6 he changes to "we", speaking generally about all the apostles (with no further references to "you"). Only the apostles spoke wisdom among the perfect, wisdom that was revealed to them by God.

45 commentators agree it was Paul and the apostles.

Do you seriously think you, a rank amateur who trusts in his impressions and gut-feelings, are the only person in the world who has the correct interpretation? And all those reputable Christian scholars have it wrong?

When will you stop flogging this dead horse of yours? You are clearly wrong here, as you are on so many other verses as I have proved.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
So you admit that the believers needed spiritual discernment of the things of God. And Paul said that no man knows the things of God but the Spirit and to whom he reveals them. So 1 plus 1 = 2
I did not say that. You quoted what I said, but you then nefariously changed my words to something different - just as you do with Paul's words. I said "Spiritual discernment that the things the apostles spoke are true". You changed what I said to match a verse in scripture that was referring to something else, to make it appear that is what I said. How dare you.

So with you, 1 plus 1 = 9.

You twist my words, just as you twist Paul's. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
So, we start here, that you seem to finally admit that the Holy Ghost gives a revelation of scripture. That revelation is the only way any can know the things of God, and what is known in scripture. It doesn't say we need to trust old mans philosophies of interpretation or the wisdom of man or excellency of speech or ancient pagan interpretation between the false gods called hermeneutics etc or the "rules" of hermeneutics. No. The unction/anointing teaches us all things. We have no need that any man should teach us. But in your understanding we need men to teach us. So if John says we do not need man to teach us, then what does that mean if God gives teachers to the body Well, we listen in our spirit for God to bear witness to what is said by a manifestation of the truth in us and the revelation of God to teach us what is said. This inner witness and confirmation from God and His guidance and teaching is what we are to hear. This would also be the voice of the Lord in us.
No it is not a continual revelation that all believers have. Read the verse again carefully. Paul prays that God may give them the Spirit of revelation. They obviously didn't have that revelation, otherwise Paul wouldn't be praying for it! This kind of revelation was only piecemeal, given by God as and when he deems necessary, eg in instances when there are no Christian teachers were around and/or a person is in grave danger of making bad decision based on a misinterpretation of a verse. Quite clearly God usually does not inwardly reveal the meaning of scripture, otherwise all believers would be in unanimous agreement as to what each verse means!

I have already previously corrected the other errors you make here regarding the word 'hermeneutics', Christian men with the gift of teaching, the anointing that teaches, etc

And It doesn't say the word "insight", it says "revelation"
If God gives an insight, then clearly it is something that He has revealed.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the "we" was Paul and Sosthenes, then you have just shot yourself in the foot. You said the "we" in v13 was all believers!
No I didn’t . You may not have read my comments about him. Paul does not call him an apostle but a brother.

1 Corinthians 1: 1. Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, 2. Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:”

Paul wrote that letter with Sosthenes. So the we could be them an apostle and a brother. You have no evidence that Paul refers to all other apostles there. Besides, it doesn’t matter if Paul “also” gives his revelation as well. I have always said he spoke of his experience “also”

If he was not an apostle then that would show that all believers are included in the we verse. Which they are anyway in the previous verses to verse 13 and the verses after that verse, As I and other commentators ageee.

Your cultish view that all believers cannot have the Holy Ghost teach them is wrong.

Also, I said it could be referring to verse 1:1 or those that are spiritual among them . We know clearly that Christ spoke in the Corinthians and God enriched them in everything and all utterance and knowledge of Him. They also spoke the word of God in prophecy and tongues and their testimony .

Paul wrote to the Corinthians with Sosthenes. And he was simply called a brother. So this would show that if the “we” Paul uses in vs 13 is “also” including both of them. That would mean that any brother could have the Holy Ghost teaching “also”. We already saw this though in verses 10-22, 24-15 and commentators agree on this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Makes no difference. It is still something he only subjectively thinks he knows.

That's not what the verse says....
"If anyone thinks that he knows something, "

An impression or an intuition (gut-feeling) would fall into that category.

No, it is a general principle that applies to all believers. Just as the previous verse is a general principle....

"But knowledge puffs up while love builds up."

and the subsequent verse is a general principle.,...

"But whoever loves God is known by God."

Paul only applies those general principles to food offered to idols from verse 4 onwards.

So you think a general biblical principle is that we cannot know anything ???

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No it is not a continual revelation that all believers have. Read the verse again carefully. Paul prays that God may give them the Spirit of revelation. They obviously didn't have that revelation, otherwise Paul wouldn't be praying for it! This kind of revelation was only piecemeal, given by God as and when he deems necessary, eg in instances when there are no Christian teachers were around and/or a person is in grave danger of making bad decision based on a misinterpretation of a verse. Quite clearly God usually does not inwardly reveal the meaning of scripture, otherwise all believers would be in unanimous agreement as to what each verse means!

I have already previously corrected the other errors you make here regarding the word 'hermeneutics', Christian men with the gift of teaching, the anointing that teaches, etc
More of your guess work and made up stuff.

Paul prayed that the believers would be given revelation. He didn’t say that they didn’t have this. Paul and Peter and John and others, pray for men to walk in love and grace it doesn’t mean they didn’t have it already. They just need to grow in this and have more.

2 Peter 3: 18. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”

Christ worked in all the believers effectually in every part to make increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. (Ephesians 4:15,16)

And to the Corinthians God had enriched them in everything in all utterance and knowledge

1 Corinthians 1: 5. That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;”

And you say God does not usually inwardly reveal the meaning of scripture…. But we read in scripture that no man knows the things of God unless they are revealed. The anointing unction teaches all things and the Holy Ghost teacheth . And they shall all be taught of God.

You say otherwise we would all haves unanimous agreement. Well, all believers should endeavour to maintain the unity of the Spirit and to speak the sane things and the same mind that there be no divisions among them

1 Corinthians 1: 10. Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.”
If God gives an insight,

Show me the word “insight” in scripture. One verse…. Again we are not to add to scripture or go beyond what is written

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did not say that. You quoted what I said, but you then nefariously changed my words to something different - just as you do with Paul's words. I said "Spiritual discernment that the things the apostles spoke are true". You changed what I said to match a verse in scripture that was referring to something else, to make it appear that is what I said. How dare you.

You twist my words, just as you twist Paul's. You should be ashamed of yourself.
What? More of your confusion.

Did Paul speak the things of God? Then to know them all believers need the Spirit to reveal/ teach them of what was said. If believers hear the word preached or written they all need a manifestation of the truth in their heart where the light shines and also their conscience will also hear witness . All believers have this treasure in earthen vessels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
I gave you this commentator below.
That is not a commentary on verse 13!

I already said Paul does speak of his own experience and another to make the "we", but he said the things he :"also" spoke shows that he was simply adding his teaching to the things that God had already given to them.
I corrected you misunderstanding of the word "also" in v13 here.

How many times must I keep saying that. Instead of repeating your error, go and read my correction, then comment on it if you think I'm wrong.

You also said this about Gill way back and the quote i gave about 1 John 2:27 which he was right about against your view as well

You said .
"We know Gill thinks the anointing is the Spirit in 1 John 2:27. Many other commentators, however, agree with me that it is God's word that abides in us and teaches us. The "strange view" that Gill does rebuke however is your own. He doesn't say the Spirit teaches by inward impressions or stirrings. He says the Spirit teaches through scripture."

read His words here again and again, till you finally can see it in prayer and humility perhaps. But from the way you never admit any error in your wrong words so often. i don;t expect you to admit error here. But I hope you can, love hopes all things.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
"God has made a revelation of them, not only in his word, which is common to men, nor only to his ministers, but to private Christians and believers, by his Spirit; which designs not the external revelation made in the Scriptures, though that also is by the Spirit; but the internal revelation and application of the truths of the Gospel to the souls of men,"

This is the section his words apply to clearly to the unbiased reader.

"But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" ( 1 Corinthians 2;10-12 KJV)

Your interpretation of this whole chapter is not right and your assumptons about the Spirit of God not revealing by teaching all believers is not right.
That is not Gill's commentary of 1 John 2:27. That is his commentary of 1 Cor 2:10. There is no mention of "teaching" in that verse.

This is what Gill wrote about 1 John 2:27

and ye need not that any man teach you; not that they were perfect in knowledge, for no man is absolutely, only comparatively so, in this life; or that they needed not, and were above and exempt from the instructions of Christ's faithful servants; for John himself taught them, and to teach and instruct them was the end of his writing this epistle to them; but the sense is either that they needed not the teachings of these men before mentioned, the antichrists, liars, and seducers, being better taught, and having an unction by which they knew all things; or they needed not to be taught as if they were babes in Christ, as unskilful in the word of righteousness, but so as to increase in spiritual knowledge, and go on to perfection, and be established in the present truths, at least so as to be put in remembrance of them; or rather they needed not, nor were they to regard any mere human revelation and doctrine, for the whole Gospel was come by Jesus Christ, and no other is to be expected or received by men, nor any doctrine but what is according to the revelation of Christ; wherefore saints under the Gospel dispensation are taught of God by his Spirit, according to the word of truth, and by the ministry of it, and have no need of learning every man from his neighbour, or from his brother, any separate revelation; so that this passage does not militate against the external ministry of the Gospel, or human teachings according to that perfect rule and declaration of the whole mind and will of God by Christ under the Gospel dispensation:

And it is you who has misread Gill on 1 Cor 2:10 also......

"God has made a revelation of them, not only in his word, which is common to men, nor only to his ministers, but to private Christians and believers, by his Spirit; which designs not the external revelation made in the Scriptures, though that also is by the Spirit; but the internal revelation and application of the truths of the Gospel to the souls of men,"

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
To a new Christians, all things that God reveals o them, wether in direct speaking in their heart towards understanding the things of God and their walk and all things, or the revelation of the scripture and understanding and discerning of all things. These things will be "new" to them. A new revelation can be many things.Personal words to that believer or forth telling or prophecy and teaching etc. There is no scripture that says the Lord will only reveal things in the heart of believers about the scriptures only. God speaks many things and directs all believers in every thing. God enriched the Corinthians in everything and in all utterance and knowledge of Him
I see how you twisted my words by cutting my sentence in half to make it seem I said something different.....exactly as you do with scripture. This is what I asked.....

But show me one commentator, just one, who says any of those verses in 1 Cor 2 is referring to God giving us new revelations instructing us to do things by impressions or the like.

Not for you own views on what "new revelations" can mean.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
You have done this to me often and tried to associate what I say with false doctrine and Gnostics and many attacks upon me. I simply reprove and rebuke with all longsuffering and doctrine the gainsayers of the truth I speak of here. I seek to helo you to learn t hear God speaking to you and wait on him in humility.

No you have proven nothing you are soo wrong in most of what you say. You start from a position that says you have never heard the voice of God in you and the teaching of the Holy Ghost. So its all downhill from there.

its like a clanging symbol.

But I could use much bolder words towards you what you say is soo spiritually dangerous and can hurt the babes in Christ who are just beginning to hear the voice of the shepherd and you seek to have them ignore that as just their own mind of whatever you might call it. But I won't use such boldness now.. I pray instead.

I keep waiting for you to say something to me like "do you know who I am and what i know?" or something like that.

you do this soo often I can barely record all the times

showing when the apostles were saved in connection to them hearing and being taught by God (as all believers are" is very relevant to the discussoon of hearing from God inwardly. It was not a straw man argument,all are connected in great detail.

In that very sentence you use a fallacy argument and straw man. You try to use words and language and associate me with others that you call "charismatics" and then try to tear down the straw man as if you tear me down and my teachings from scripture. This is a false thing to do.

I am different than other men you have net who you call "charismatics" . They are believers who believe in the gifts. But you know nothing of my understanding about many things in this area. I have only spoken briefly about some things. You wrongly assume and build a straw man against heme that is not accurate. I have in this thread spoken so often about hearing Gods acutal words and voice in ward. But you ignore that and ramble on about "impressions" etc.

You have already been ignoring many of the things I show, you avoid ket parts and edit certain words and group large sections together that have various different points and try to simply group them together as if they are just wrong and make large over generalizations etc.
More ad-hominem lies.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
no he says

"internal revelation and application of the truths" Two aspects, revelation internally and applications of the truth. these applications would fit under the category of the spiritual walk and discerning of all things in their walk and knowledge and teaching of God. The things of God are what are revealed. The things of God are connected to everything we do and say and think and understand.

So the truths that are revealed are internal, he said this section was not speaking about the external scriptures, which you deliberately avoided. The way you twist words is incredible, you are not honestly seeing the text and trying soo hard to make it fit your twisted view of the text.

I wonder what you think the word "in the Spirit " mean, or what you think spirit is?

Gill also said

which designs not the external revelation made in the Scriptures

And you again try to lie and make up stuff and try to build a "straw man" fallacy again by implying that your quoting Gill when you say your own misunderstandings and try t make him say the same. he is directly saying the opposite and shows that Paul is not speaking of the external scriptures but the inward revelation of the Spirit

you said.

"quotation from Gill. He says the things which the Spirit reveals to believers are not new revelations received by impressions and stirrings"

Show me where Gill said that? I am waiting and so are all who watch on and when you cannot produce that quote from from Gill you will be exposed to all that you speak a deliberate twisting of the text to try and fit his words 9 which clearly rebuke you and agree with what i was saying in the section 1 Cor 2)

Your evil here has been found out. Now you will twist again and try to make it seem like you were right and did not say a lie in Gills mouth and imply that he said what you did here.

It just takes some time to poke at the grass with a rod till the snake slithers out.....
You keep trying to twist Gill's words by taking them out of context to try to make them say something different, just as you do with scripture.

He does not say they are new revelations. Read what he says in full...

But God hath revealed them unto us,.... Should it be said, that since this wisdom is so hidden and mysterious, the doctrines of the Gospel are so unknown, so much out of the sight and understanding of men, how come any to be acquainted with them? The answer is ready, God has made a revelation of them [the doctrines of the gospel], not only in his word, which is common to men, nor only to his ministers, but to private Christians and believers,
by his Spirit; which designs not the external revelation made in the Scriptures, though that also is by the Spirit; but the internal revelation and application of the truths of the Gospel to the souls of men, which is sometimes ascribed to the Father of Christ. Matthew 16:17 sometimes to Christ himself, Galatians 1:12 and sometimes to the Spirit of Christ, Ephesians 1:17 and who guides into all truth, John 16:13, and here to the Father by the Spirit:

He says it is the doctrines of the gospel that are revealed to men, not anything else.

Your own words apply to yourself, not me.....

The way you twist words is incredible, you are not honestly seeing the text and trying soo hard to make it fit your twisted view of the text.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
No I didn’t . You may not have read my comments about him. Paul does not call him an apostle but a brother.

1 Corinthians 1: 1. Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, 2. Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:”

Paul wrote that letter with Sosthenes. So the we could be them an apostle and a brother. You have no evidence that Paul refers to all other apostles there. Besides, it doesn’t matter if Paul “also” gives his revelation as well. I have always said he spoke of his experience “also”

If he was not an apostle then that would show that all believers are included in the we verse. Which they are anyway in the previous verses to verse 23 and the verses after . As I and other commentators ageee.

Your cultish view that all believers cannot have the Holy Ghost teach them is wrong.

Ajso I said it could be referring to verse 1:1 or those that are spiritual among . We know clearly that Christ spoke in the Corinthians and God enriched them in everything and all utterance abd knowledge of Hom. They also spoke the word of God in prophecy and tongues and their testimony .

Paul wrote to the Corinthians with Sosthenes. And he was simply called a brother. So this would show that if the “we” Paul uses in vs 13 is “also” including both of them. That would mean that any brother could have the Holy Ghost teaching “also”. We already saw this though in verses 10-22, 24-15 and commentators agree on this.
Yes, you did. Your whole argument throughout this thread has been that the "we" in 1 Cor 2:13 is all believers who are taught by the Spirit. If you are now saying it is Paul and Sosthenes then you have just refuted your own argument, and shot yourself in the foot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
Paul prayed that the believers would be given revelation. He didn’t say that they didn’t have this.
Why would he pray for them to have something if they all already had it?

Paul and Peter abd John and others, pray for men to walk in love and grace it doesn’t mean they didn’t have it already. They just need to grow in this and have more.

2 Peter 3: 18. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”
Paul never prayed for them to "grow" or have "more" revelation. You are reading your own words into scripture again.

And 2 Peter 3:18 wasn't a prayer to grow in grace, it was an exhortation.

And you say God does not usually inwardly reveal the meaning of scripture…. But we read in scripture that no man knows the things of God unless they are revealed. The anointing unction teaches all things and the Holy Ghost teacheth . And they shall all be taught of God.
I have refuted your understanding of all those verses. Go back and read.

Show me the word “insight” in scripture. One verse…. Again we are not to add to scripture or go beyond what is written
But they don't, do they. Christians disagree on the interpretation of verses all the time.....Proof that God does not reveal the meaning of scripture to all believers.

I can show you not just 1 verse, but 24.....
1 Kings 4:29
God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore.
1 Chronicles 27:32
Jonathan, David’s uncle, was a counselor, a man of insight and a scribe. Jehiel son of Hakmoni took care of the king’s sons.
Job 12:16
To him belong strength and insight; both deceived and deceiver are his.
Job 15:9
What do you know that we do not know? What insights do you have that we do not have?
Job 26:3
What advice you have offered to one without wisdom! And what great insight you have displayed!
Job 34:35
‘Job speaks without knowledge; his words lack insight.’
Psalm 119:99
I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes.
Proverbs 1:2
for gaining wisdom and instruction; for understanding words of insight;
Proverbs 2:3
indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
Proverbs 5:1
My son, pay attention to my wisdom, turn your ear to my words of insight,
Proverbs 7:4
Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” and to insight, “You are my relative.”
Proverbs 8:14
Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have insight, I have power.
Proverbs 9:6
Leave your simple ways and you will live; walk in the way of insight.”
Proverbs 16:16
How much better to get wisdom than gold, to get insight rather than silver!
Proverbs 20:5
The purposes of a person’s heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out.
Proverbs 21:30
There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 23:23
Buy the truth and do not sell it— wisdom, instruction and insight as well.
Daniel 5:11
There is a man in your kingdom who has the spirit of the holy gods in him. In the time of your father he was found to have insight and intelligence and wisdom like that of the gods. Your father, King Nebuchadnezzar, appointed him chief of the magicians, enchanters, astrologers and diviners.
Daniel 5:14
I have heard that the spirit of the gods is in you and that you have insight, intelligence and outstanding wisdom.
Daniel 9:22
He instructed me and said to me, “Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding.
Ephesians 3:4
In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,
Philippians 1:9
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,
2 Timothy 2:7
Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.
Revelation 13:18
This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
What? More of your confusion.
No, there's no confusion. It is plain for all to see what you did.

You mischievously changed my words to make it appear I said something different. I said "Believers have spiritual discernment that the things the apostles spoke are true". You changed what I said to say beleivers have Spiritual discernment of the things of God.

You twist my words, just as you twist Paul's. I have caught you red-handed doing this over and over again. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is what Gill wrote about 1 John 2:27

and ye need not that any man teach you; not that they were perfect in knowledge, for no man is absolutely, only comparatively so, in this life; or that they needed not, and were above and exempt from the instructions of Christ's faithful servants; for John himself taught them, and to teach and instruct them was the end of his writing this epistle to them; but the sense is either that they needed not the teachings of these men before mentioned, the antichrists, liars, and seducers, being better taught, and having an unction by which they knew all things; or they needed not to be taught as if they were babes in Christ, as unskilful in the word of righteousness, but so as to increase in spiritual knowledge, and go on to perfection, and be established in the present truths, at least so as to be put in remembrance of them; or rather they needed not, nor were they to regard any mere human revelation and doctrine, for the whole Gospel was come by Jesus Christ, and no other is to be expected or received by men, nor any doctrine but what is according to the revelation of Christ; wherefore saints under the Gospel dispensation are taught of God by his Spirit, according to the word of truth, and by the ministry of it, and have no need of learning every man from his neighbour, or from his brother, any separate revelation; so that this passage does not militate against the external ministry of the Gospel, or human teachings according to that perfect rule and declaration of the whole mind and will of God by Christ under the Gospel dispensation:
It’s interesting how you deliberately did not quote this man Gills actual words about what he believes the anointing refers to. This is the kind of deception you spout forth here in your twisting and frantically trying to grasp at even a straw for your straw man. Also, I don’t look at commentators here as speaking scripture and I only use these men to show you that others have seen the sane truths in many areas of what I say that they directly say against you and your cultish weird view. He said about the anointing in 1 John 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him,.... The Spirit, and the grace of the Spirit, which they had received out of the fulness of grace which is in Christ; and is compared to oil or ointment; See Gill on 1 John 2:20; for Christ, the anointed, is the fountain of it all, and it is had from him in a way of giving and receiving. So the second "Sephira", or number in the Jews' Cabalistic tree, which is wisdom, has for one of its surnames, the fountain of the oil of unction (i) this
abideth in you; the Syriac and Arabic versions render it, "if it abideth", which spoils the text, for the words are not conditional, but affirmative: grace is an internal thing, it is oil in the vessel of the heart, and where it once is, it abides; as does every grace of the Spirit, as faith, hope, love, and every other: grace can never be taken away; God will not take it away, where he has once bestowed it, and men and devils cannot; it can never be lost as to the principle and being of it; it is an incorruptible seed, and a living principle, which can never be destroyed, notwithstanding all the corruptions in a man's hart, the pollutions of the world, and the temptations of Satan”

So he, as I had said, sees the anointing/ unction from the Holy One as the grace or gift of the Spirit and internal . And not referring to the teaching outward of scripture alone or by men.
And it is you who has misread Gill on 1 Cor 2:10 also......

I can agree with him about the internal teaching of the Spirit as he spoke of and he understands part of this to be the truths of the gospel but the word “gospel” is not in that section. Paul speaks of the things of God, and the wisdom of God and the deep things of God. So this is the larger understanding of the text. But agsin you don’t understand what he wrote or it bothers you so much that you have to omit it here again he said clearly that Paul is talking about the revelation of the Spirit not the outward revelation of scripture specifically. He actually said this , that you omitted in your usual twisting of things said,

But God hath revealed them unto us,.... Should it be said, that since this wisdom is so hidden and mysterious, the doctrines of the Gospel are so unknown, so much out of the sight and understanding of men, how come any to be acquainted with them? The answer is ready, God has made a revelation of them, not only in his word, which is common to men, nor only to his ministers, but to private Christians and believers, by his Spirit; which designs not the external revelation made in the Scriptures, though that also is by the
Spirit; but the internal revelation and application of the truths of the Gospel to the souls of men, which is sometimes ascribed to the Father of Christ. Matthew 16:17 sometimes to Christ himself, Galatians 1:12 and sometimes to the Spirit of Christ, Ephesians 1:17 and who guides into all truth, John 16:13, and here to the Father by the Spirit:

for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God; which does not suppose any ignorance of these things in the Spirit, antecedent to his searching of them; but his complete and perfect knowledge of them; even as God's searching of the hearts of men expresses his omniscience, and through knowledge of all that is in them: the "all things" the Spirit searches into, and has a perfect knowledge of, do not design in the utmost extent everything which comes within the compass of his infinite understanding; but every thing that is in, or belongs to the Gospel of Christ, even the more mysterious and sublime, as well as the more plain and easy doctrines: for the "deep things of God" intend not the perfections of his nature, which are past finding out unto perfection by men; nor the depths of his wise and righteous providence; but the mysterious doctrines of the Gospel, the fellowship of the mystery which was hid in God, his wise counsels of old concerning man's salvation, the scheme of things drawn in his eternal mind, and revealed in the word.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would he pray for them to have something if they all already had it?

Paul never prayed for them to "grow" or have "more" revelation. You are reading your own words into scripture again.

And 2 Peter 3:18 wasn't a prayer to grow in grace, it was an exhortation.

I have refuted your understanding of all those verses. Go back and read.

But they don't, do they. Christians disagree on the interpretation of verses all the time.....Proof that God does not reveal the meaning of scripture to all believers.

I can show you not just 1 verse, but 24.....
God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore.
Jonathan, David’s uncle, was a counselor, a man of insight and a scribe. Jehiel son of Hakmoni took care of the king’s sons.
To him belong strength and insight; both deceived and deceiver are his.
What do you know that we do not know? What insights do you have that we do not have?
What advice you have offered to one without wisdom! And what great insight you have displayed!
‘Job speaks without knowledge; his words lack insight.’
I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes.
for gaining wisdom and instruction; for understanding words of insight;
indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
My son, pay attention to my wisdom, turn your ear to my words of insight,
Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” and to insight, “You are my relative.”
Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have insight, I have power.
Leave your simple ways and you will live; walk in the way of insight.”
How much better to get wisdom than gold, to get insight rather than silver!
The purposes of a person’s heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out.
There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Buy the truth and do not sell it— wisdom, instruction and insight as well.
There is a man in your kingdom who has the spirit of the holy gods in him. In the time of your father he was found to have insight and intelligence and wisdom like that of the gods. Your father, King Nebuchadnezzar, appointed him chief of the magicians, enchanters, astrologers and diviners.
I have heard that the spirit of the gods is in you and that you have insight, intelligence and outstanding wisdom.
He instructed me and said to me, “Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding.
In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,
Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.
This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.
No you showed me nothing those words “insight” are not in the Bible (King James Bible) . Your using the wrong manuscripts again.

1 Kings 4: 29. And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.”

The word is understanding not insight.

1 Chronicles 27: 32. Also Jonathan David's uncle was a counseller, a wise man, and a scribe: and Jehiel the son of Hachmoni was with the king's sons:”

The word is “wise” not insight

Job 12: 16. With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his.”

The word is “wisdom” not insight.

H8454- tuwshiyah- or tushiyah { too-shee-yaw'}; from an unused root probably meaning to substantiate; support or (by implication) ability, i.e. (direct) help, (in purpose) an undertaking, (intellectual) understanding:--enterprise, that which (thing as it) is, substance, (sound) wisdom, working”(Strongs)

2 Timothy 2: 7. Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.”

The word is “understanding” not insight

Philippians 1: 9. And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;”

The word is “knowledge” not insight

I think you get the point I could go through all your verses and show this. The word insight is not in the Bible (King Janes Bible) anywhere.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What?

More of your confusion

“and you said

"Spiritual discernment that the things the apostles spoke are true - yes",

So you admit that the believers needed spiritual discernment of the things of God. And Paul said that no man knows the things of God but the Spirit and to whom he reveals them. So 1plus 1 = 2

and the Spirit does teach about everything and God had already enriched the Corinthians in every thing

“That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;” ( 1 Cor 1"5 KJV)

its right in front of your face and as clear as a sunny day .but ...can you see

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.