Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That verse doesn't say God gives us new revelations by impressions, stirrings, or the like.
I didn’t say this specifically but how do you know? If God gives a revelation of something to a person that may be new to him and even the others that hear.

For example, a person might have a revelation of a scripture that is a hard one to understand . When he shares that the entire gathering he was part of will learn a new understanding. They may have been following a wrong understanding for a long time and now a revelation of teaching or doctrine comes.

They may also have a revelation of something to come which is not written. Or God may say to them to go to a certain persons house and pray for them. They won’t find that persons name or house in the scripture. So it is a new revelation of something for thier life. The examples if this are so many in life that it is overwhelming the ways God can reveal anything.

I could give many examples.

And as I have said, I am not speaking of impressions or stirrings or being moved or led in a inward way specifically . I am speaking of hearing the voice of God and actual inward teaching and words.

But I could also speak of being pressed in the spirit (impressions), and stirrings and feelings inward as scripture also shows of these.

Sometimes, when a believer has a sitting or is being pressed in the spirit it may be with words from God also. But to discern this is a deep spiritual reality and it may be a still small voice that sone hear clearer than others do. The clarity of hearing may come also with maturity to those who are full of age who have their spiritual senses exercised to discern things.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Biblical discernment and their theology is key.
And this discernment or spiritual judgement is by the things God reveals to believers in spirit as we read,

1 Corinthians 2: 10.-12, 14,25 “ But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God…. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.”

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spiritual discernment that the things the apostles spoke are true - yes. But that is not God telling them to do things by sudden impressions or the like.
So now you change your words and agree that the Spirit will reveal things to all believers and teach them about all things, including the meaning of scripture and all things of God and yes God can tell them of everything. They were enriched by Him in everything and in all utterance. God can give them a prophecy or word of knowledge or wisdom etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or more likely, the masses are being attracted by the promise of a magic show, the promise of a rock music performance, the promise of healings that rarely materialise, the promise of supernatural experiences, the promise of emotional frenzies, the promise of health and prosperity.

But only if you first give a "seed offering" to the Lord's work, which is used to pay for the leader's mansion and private jet.
I hope you don’t try to associate me with these things I do not agree with many of these.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
I don't think I have ever seen a more confused person twist scripture and use fallacy arguments more than you. You have no understanding of spiritual things at all from what you say. You run in a frantic fluster to many attacks on any scriptural correction or correction you get here. I see pride as the main error you are in, you act as if you are some great one, some great natural man in mans wisdom who uses excellency of speech and other mens words. You seem to be very troubled ay anything spiritual. But Christianity is a spiritual belief. Believers are taught by the Spirit, empowered by the Spirit, led by the Spirit, walk in the Spirit, worship in the Spirit, pray in the Spirit, speak in the Spirit, have revelations in the Spirit prophesy in the Spirit, speak in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, live in the Spirit, have the Spirit of God dwelling in them. and many other spiritual realities as they live n Christ. Of which I and many other christians have experience many times, daily in fact. This is the normal christian life, or it should be.

Here are some of the false attacks you use in your discussion.

1. You just deny any scripture or correction towards your words and twist the text to try and make it not say what it does not say.

2. You attack the text in the manuscripts by saying the KJV is wrong. This is done by many when they cannot deal with the actual scripture and who resort to corrupt translations that disagree with eachother in thousands of places. Or you try and run to other versions. I use other versions to show you simply that the words I use are also used by others. But I only need the one book.

3. You run in a fearful frenzy to any commentator you think can agree with you. But mostly they do not disagree with what i say. And I do not put men above that which is written. There are many commentators that will agree with what I share but it is not a matter to me. I see the text and it is clear enough. God shows many proofs of the teaching I have been showing .

4. You try to go to the Greek or Hebrew to search in a fluster to find some meaning of a word that you think can change the clear meaning from scripture. I use the Greek and Hebrew as a general meaning of a word, I do not change the word as you do. I

5. When you are corrected clearly you try to change the subject and create another fallacy argument by going off in a different direction.

6. You try to build a straw man fallacy against what I say by reframing what you are trying to make me say and say things like I am trying to say that God speaks in impressions or esp, or feelings etc. I have shown I am speaking of hearing Gods voice, in words in the spirit and heart.

7. You try to arrack my person and say lies about me so many times I can barely present them al;l. This is done when your argument fails. I do not do this to you, i rebuke, correct, warn and exhort you, in hopes that you will see your error and come to the light of truth.

8. You also seem to trust a false reasoning that because you think a certain number of men do not see what I share ( even though others do) that the number of men that you use makes you right. This is a false reasoning. The majority is often wrong Icould bring many example for this.

No, I do not do this. The hidden things of God are only seen and hear in the Spirit, and taught by the Spirit, which you claim to never have been taught this way. You act as if you just reading scripture and
Since my previous reply, you have mostly done nothing but....
  • Attack me personally with enormous diatribes of ad-hominem insults and false accusations against me, such as this one. But I can understand why you do this. It is only natural to attack the messenger when years of ingrained ideology is proved to be wrong.

• Repeat your flawed understanding of certain scriptures. Endlessly regurgitating them doesn't make them correct. I have already debunked your idea of what they mean and identified the fallacies you employed. Go back and read them, then reply to my rebuttals if you think I'm wrong. I'm getting fed up of having to repeat myself umpteen times.

• Creating irrelevant strawman arguments, such as when the apostles were saved or harping on about the 'impressions' - the word virtually all other charismatics use to describe how God speaks to them.
So I will be ignoring most of your replies.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
Many doctrines are taught and do not go against scripture for one things. They also are in scripture but many do not see them. For example the doctrine of the Trinity , though the word Trinity is not mentioned in scripture. It is however a vital doctrine. But it is found in scripture as we have spiritual revelation of the text and understanding. Many try to use the same bible to deny the Trinity and say that Jesus Christ is not God etc. So doctrine is also a revelation of God, even when using scripture.
We've already discussed whether the absence of the 'word' Trinity means we can go beyond what is written and invent new doctrines that are not in scripture. Go back and read.

Men like Abraham and Noah and others had somewhat doctrine or teaching from God and they had no scriptures at the time.
They had the audible voice of God, and God's moral law written on their hearts and their conscience informing them of right and wrong. They didn't invent their own doctrines like you do with your idea that God tells us to do things by our impressions or the like.

But we also read in Corinth

“How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.”(1 Corinthians 14:26 KJV)
Only the antiquated KJV and it's derivatives say the Corinthians brought a "doctrine" to the assembly. Note that it doesn't say "a new doctrine".

All other translations have the word "teaching".

and

"Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. 17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." ( John 7:16, 17 KJV)
That verse doesn't say we can receive new doctrines. Again all other versions have the word "teaching".

"For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;" ( 1 Timothy 1:10 KJV)
That verse says the opposite! It says to obey the sound doctrines given, not invent new ones.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
Lol, so now when you are clearly wrong and I quote a commentator that so heavily disagrees with you in this particular section of scripture, you do not admit your error at all, you rush in a frantic fluster to your vs 13 that you think shows Paul is speaking of his own experience and another persons or persons. But that is dishonest again. You clearly said,

"Against every single commentator, you have been desperately trying to argue that the "we" in 1 Cor 2 is all believers - all throughout this thread."

and now you try to run away from admitting your error.

and you didn't even comment on this correction to every thing you have been saying in this entire thread. I only used one commentator here, even though scripture corrects you all over.

read it again and notice the things he says that agree with what I have been saying. I don't need this mans words, but I show it to correct you with what you seem to trust in.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
But God hath revealed them unto us,.... Should it be said, that since this wisdom is so hidden and mysterious, the doctrines of the Gospel are so unknown, so much out of the sight and understanding of men, how come any to be acquainted with them? The answer is ready, God has made a revelation of them, not only in his word, which is common to men, nor only to his ministers, but to private Christians and believers, by his Spirit; which designs not the external revelation made in the Scriptures, though that also is by the Spirit; but the internal revelation and application of the truths of the Gospel to the souls of men, which is sometimes ascribed to the Father of Christ. Matthew 16:17 sometimes to Christ himself, Galatians 1:12 and sometimes to the Spirit of Christ, Ephesians 1:17 and who guides into all truth, John 16:13, and here to the Father by the Spirit."
No, I did not mean the whole chapter. I made a typing mistake and I corrected my error, not you. Why would I say the whole chapter when the specific subject of my paragraph was verse 13 only? You made the error of thinking the "us" in that verse is all believers, and I corrected your error along with 45 commentators.

Why would I say otherwise when I already know that some commentators extend the "us" to all believers in other verses of that chapter (where other scriptures affirm those truths apply to others believers as well, such as receiving the Spirit). Others don't, and say the "us" is only the apostles in those verses. But show me one commentator, just one, who says any of those verses in 1 Cor 2 is referring to God giving us new revelations instructing us to do things by impressions or the like.

Just look at your quotation from Gill. He says the things which the Spirit reveals to believers are not new revelations received by impressions and stirrings, but rather the "truths of the Gospel". The very commentary you quote disagrees with you!

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
That does not mean for a second that he is saying "and only apostles can have the revelation and teaching of the Holy Ghost"
I never said it does. I asked for verses that say God gives new revelations to believers by impressions or the like, telling them to do things etc, and you gave me 1 Cor 2:13. We now know you were wrong, and not a single commentator agrees with you. But if there are other verses that say as you claim then let's have them. After 79 pages you've still not provided one.

In fact, the "we" could be referring to all who are spiritual, who had spken in the Spirit often there in that church, and those that are perfect and who can judge and discern all things and have had revelation of the things of God as many of the Corinthians did. Or it could be referring to a man named "Sosthenes", that we read about in the first verse of chapter 1.
Me and 45 commentators have already explained to you who the "we" are.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Attack me personally with enormous diatribes of ad-hominem insults and false accusations against me, such as this one. But I can understand why you do this. It is only natural to attack the messenger when years of ingrained ideology is proved to be wrong.

• Repeat your flawed understanding of certain scriptures. Endlessly regurgitating them doesn't make them correct. I have already debunked your idea of what they mean and identified the fallacies you employed. Go back and read them, then reply to my rebuttals if you think I'm wrong. I'm getting fed up of having to repeat myself umpteen times.

• Creating irrelevant strawman arguments, such as when the apostles were saved or harping on about the 'impressions' - the word virtually all other charismatics use to describe how God speaks to them.
It’s called reproof , correction, exhortation, stopping the mouths of gainsayers, standing for the truth, contending earnestly for the gospel .

It’s all in hope for your life

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
A matter not mentioned is that our redemption and sanctification renews the Whole Man - we are to become more like Jesus in every aspect of life.

This includes the imagination, the intuition, the conscience, - all become perfected by His work in our lives.

For this reason it is out of order to continue to put down for example role of the intuition which our friend hammers away at.

We learned to consecrate every aspect of self to God and give Him control and access to all of these aspects of our lives.

So a redeemed intuition can in fact save our lives. He can warn us of a threat by this means that we would never otherwise know about.

So I celebrate every aspect of the wonderful life I have been given - all are dedicated to Jesus and all are to be celebrated not berated and condemned.

Why the intense condemnation of the intuition ?

Who dares to condemn any aspect of the beautiful life we have been given - so wonderfully assisting us as it was created to do.
Paul, speaking to believers.....

1 Corinthians 8:2 If anyone imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
I didn’t say this specifically but how do you know? If God gives a revelation of something to a person that may be new to him and even the others that hear.

For example, a person might have a revelation of a scripture that is a hard one to understand . When he shares that the entire gathering he was part of will learn a new understanding. They may have been following a wrong understanding for a long time and now a revelation of teaching or doctrine comes.

They may also have a revelation of something to come which is not written. Or God may say to them to go to a certain persons house and pray for them. They won’t find that persons name or house in the scripture. So it is a new revelation of something for thier life. The examples if this are so many in life that it is overwhelming the ways God can reveal anything.

I could give many examples.

And as I have said, I am not speaking of impressions or stirrings or being moved or led in a inward way specifically . I am speaking of hearing the voice of God and actual inward teaching and words.

But I could also speak of being pressed in the spirit (impressions), and stirrings and feelings inward as scripture also shows of these.

Sometimes, when a believer has a sitting or is being pressed in the spirit it may be with words from God also. But to discern this is a deep spiritual reality and it may be a still small voice that sone hear clearer than others do. The clarity of hearing may come also with maturity to those who are full of age who have their spiritual senses exercised to discern things.
The clue to the meaning of this verse is given at the end of the verse itself...

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

So yes, the Holy Spirit giving an insight into the one true meaning of a verse would be such a revelation. But not a false contrived meaning that defies the rules of hermeneutics (not taking verses out of context, not reading our own ideas into scripture, taking verses literally unless they are clearly figurative, not confusing descriptive with prescriptive texts, interpreting verses in the light of other scriptures, etc) as you so often fail to do.

And no, certainly not an impression to go somewhere or do something (as charismatics claim God speaks to them today)

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,647.00
Faith
Christian
So now you change your words and agree that the Spirit will reveal things to all believers and teach them about all things, including the meaning of scripture and all things of God and yes God can tell them of everything. They were enriched by Him in everything and in all utterance. God can give them a prophecy or word of knowledge or wisdom etc.
I said no such thing. You put words into my mouth, as well as Paul's. Where did I say the Spirit would teach believers about all things?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul, speaking to believers.....

1 Corinthians 8:2 If anyone imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know.

The Greek δοκεῖ translated imagines means 'thinks'.

It is folly to claim that all thinking is wrong.

It is folly to claim that all imagining is wrong.

The context is in relation to food offered to idols. It is referring to the thoughts of those who have come out of idolatry and are not yet free of the thoughts that have been associated with that practice.

This has Zero to do with the gift of imagination that God has given and intended for good and can be redeemed and sanctified even to honour Him. Think Leonardo Da Vinci and Michelangelo and how by the way of wonderful imagination they bought God honouring images to the world.

Your use of Scripture to disparage imagination is cheap and nasty, uninformed and out of scriptural context and has Zero to do with being guided by the Holy Spirit within.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never said it does. I asked for verses that say God gives new revelations to believers by impressions or the like, telling them to do things etc, and you gave me 1 Cor 2:13. We now know you were wrong, and not a single commentator agrees with you. But if there are other verses that say as you claim then let's have them. After 79 pages you've still not provided one.

Me and 45 commentators have already explained to you who the "we" are.
I see you ran away from even considering the ,an, (brother as Paul calls him) in 1 Cor 1. This man "Sosthenes" and Paul wrote to the church, so the we could possibly be both of them. I already showed you commentators that say Paul sis referring in the surrounding verses to all the saints. I already showed you many times that I said Paul "also" refers to his and possibly the brother mentioned in chapter 1:1, or those who are spiritual.

I notice how you just ignore verses that correct you and possibly shatter your false doctrine.

I use this discussion to help others who might read on and who have to deal with similar wrong discussions from men like you. i also use this talk to help others who may have similar arguments in groups that deny hearing Gods voice or the immediate teaching in them today. When I meet such men who hold similar unusual and unbiblical views as you have I can hopefully share things God has taught me through our discussion to help them.

And I never said Paul is not referring to his own experience in certain verses. But the big error you make and false assumption. is that you try to assume that Paul only hand a few other apostles have the Holy Ghost teach them and that the Holy Ghost does not teach every believer as scripture shows He does. And you said that the Holy Ghost does not teach you as well.(that part i agree with in your case as it has been sadly obvious in your understanding and wrong interpretations. Also , they shall all be taught of God. Even men before they knew Jesus in person were taught of the father and had the Father in them.

It doesn't matter if you think others agree with you. i am speaking of what the scripture says and it is clear. Im sure many of the reformers had many who were against them and some may have used the majority is right argument, but they were wrong.

For example i can say in truth that every single catholic who teaches that wearing a scapular on their neck with a picture of the so called "Mary" on it and the words on one side saying that by wearing that scapular they will escape the eternal flames, is wrong and false. it doesn't matter how many millions may agree with that.

Or every cult that denies the deity of Christ, I can say with assurance is wrong. It doesn't matter if there were millions of them. i say they are all wrong according to the revelation of God through the scriptures he has shown me in this matter.

I can also say that every person who denies that the gifts of the Spirit are for today is wrong as well, according to scripture and the revelation fo God in my spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I said no such thing. You put words into my mouth, as well as Paul's. Where did I say the Spirit would teach believers about all things?
I said

There would be no way for the Corinthians to discern what Paul taught by the revelation of the Spirit he had unless they were spiritual and had spiritual discernment and teaching by God and unless God revealed them to them. Paul's own words would be meaningless to them unless they heard from God in them.
and you said

"Spiritual discernment that the things the apostles spoke are true - yes",

So you admit that the believers needed spiritual discernment of the things of God. And Paul said that no man knows the things of God but the Spirit and to whom he reveals them. So 1 plus 1 = 2

and the Spirit does teach about everything and God had already enriched the Corinthians in every thing

“That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;” ( 1 Cor 1"5 KJV)

its right in front of your face and as clear as a sunny day .but ...can you see?

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The clue to the meaning of this verse is given at the end of the verse itself...

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

So yes, the Holy Spirit giving an insight into the one true meaning of a verse would be such a revelation.
So, we start here, that you seem to finally admit that the Holy Ghost gives a revelation of scripture. That revelation is the only way any can know the things of God, and what is known in scripture. It doesn't say we need to trust old mans philosophies of interpretation or the wisdom of man or excellency of speech or ancient pagan interpretation between the false gods called hermeneutics etc or the "rules" of hermeneutics. No. The unction/anointing teaches us all things. We have no need that any man should teach us. But in your understanding we need men to teach us. So if John says we do not need man to teach us, then what does that mean if God gives teachers to the body Well, we listen in our spirit for God to bear witness to what is said by a manifestation of the truth in us and the revelation of God to teach us what is said. This inner witness and confirmation from God and His guidance and teaching is what we are to hear. This would also be the voice of the Lord in us.

And It doesn't say the word "insight", it says "revelation" and if you read carefully the Father is spoken of here giving revelation.Yes the Holy Ghost also gives revelation , but all through scripture we read of the Trinity and the different administrations and workings of God in various ways and through the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost.

The revelation is in the knowledge of Him. This would be the same as knowing the things of God by the Spirit in 1 Cpr 2:10-12 KJV and

“For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Also, consider this section closely when you trust in mans philosophy and rudiments of the world and traditions of men in their understandings.

"That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words....8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him," ( Colossians 2:2-4, 8-10 KJV)

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never said it does. I asked for verses that say God gives new revelations to believers by impressions or the like, telling them to do things etc, and you gave me 1 Cor 2:13. We now know you were wrong, and not a single commentator agrees with you.
I gave you this commentator below. I already said Paul does speak of his own experience and another to make the "we", but he said the things he :"also" spoke shows that he was simply adding his teaching to the things that God had already given to them. He already in chapter 1 said they were enriched in everything by God and in all utterance and knowledge of Him. here is the quote I gave again, but you seem to just ignore it even though he totally disagrees with you.

But God hath revealed them unto us,.... Should it be said, that since this wisdom is so hidden and mysterious, the doctrines of the Gospel are so unknown, so much out of the sight and understanding of men, how come any to be acquainted with them? The answer is ready, God has made a revelation of them, not only in his word, which is common to men, nor only to his ministers, but to private Christians and believers, by his Spirit; which designs not the external revelation made in the Scriptures, though that also is by the Spirit; but the internal revelation and application of the truths of the Gospel to the souls of men, which is sometimes ascribed to the Father of Christ. Matthew 16:17 sometimes to Christ himself, Galatians 1:12 and sometimes to the Spirit of Christ, Ephesians 1:17 and who guides into all truth, John 16:13, and here to the Father by the Spirit."

So I also gave you this mans comments on the "us" spoken of in that area, and referring to what i was saying. You seemed to just avoid this. He said it well there.i may not agree with other things he said, but in this he was accurate and he even shatters other wrong teachings you have about this section. But sadly you keep running to vs 13 as if I made some error and that one verse shows Paul and another ( possibly the brother of vs 1, or all those who are spiritual0 says. He said, referring to the section i was speaking of in 1 Cor 2. vs 13 shows paul "also" spoke of these things and it also shows what the Holy Ghost does and how he reveals these things to all believers, he teaches them inwardly.

You also said this about Gill way back and the quote i gave about 1 John 2:27 which he was right about against your view as well

You said .
"We know Gill thinks the anointing is the Spirit in 1 John 2:27. Many other commentators, however, agree with me that it is God's word that abides in us and teaches us. The "strange view" that Gill does rebuke however is your own. He doesn't say the Spirit teaches by inward impressions or stirrings. He says the Spirit teaches through scripture."

read His words here again and again, till you finally can see it in prayer and humility perhaps. But from the way you never admit any error in your wrong words so often. i don;t expect you to admit error here. But I hope you can, love hopes all things.

"God has made a revelation of them, not only in his word, which is common to men, nor only to his ministers, but to private Christians and believers, by his Spirit; which designs not the external revelation made in the Scriptures, though that also is by the Spirit; but the internal revelation and application of the truths of the Gospel to the souls of men,"

This is the section his words apply to clearly to the unbiased reader.

"But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" ( 1 Corinthians 2;10-12 KJV)

Your interpretation of this whole chapter is not right and your assumptons about the Spirit of God not revealing by teaching all believers is not right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Attack me personally with enormous diatribes of ad-hominem insults and false accusations against me,
You have done this to me often and tried to associate what I say with false doctrine and Gnostics and many attacks upon me. I simply reprove and rebuke with all longsuffering and doctrine the gainsayers of the truth I speak of here. I seek to helo you to learn t hear God speaking to you and wait on him in humility.
  • debunked your idea of what they mean and identified the fallacies you employed.
No you have proven nothing you are soo wrong in most of what you say. You start from a position that says you have never heard the voice of God in you and the teaching of the Holy Ghost. So its all downhill from there.
I'm getting fed up of having to repeat myself umpteen times.
its like a clanging symbol.

But I could use much bolder words towards you what you say is soo spiritually dangerous and can hurt the babes in Christ who are just beginning to hear the voice of the shepherd and you seek to have them ignore that as just their own mind of whatever you might call it. But I won't use such boldness now.. I pray instead.

I keep waiting for you to say something to me like "do you know who I am and what i know?" or something like that.
Creating irrelevant strawman arguments,
you do this soo often I can barely record all the times
such as when the apostles were saved
showing when the apostles were saved in connection to them hearing and being taught by God (as all believers are" is very relevant to the discussoon of hearing from God inwardly. It was not a straw man argument,all are connected in great detail.
or harping on about the 'impressions' - the word virtually all other charismatics use to describe how God speaks to them.
In that very sentence you use a fallacy argument and straw man. You try to use words and language and associate me with others that you call "charismatics" and then try to tear down the straw man as if you tear me down and my teachings from scripture. This is a false thing to do.

I am different than other men you have net who you call "charismatics" . They are believers who believe in the gifts. But you know nothing of my understanding about many things in this area. I have only spoken briefly about some things. You wrongly assume and build a straw man against heme that is not accurate. I have in this thread spoken so often about hearing Gods acutal words and voice in ward. But you ignore that and ramble on about "impressions" etc.
You have already been ignoring many of the things I show, you avoid ket parts and edit certain words and group large sections together that have various different points and try to simply group them together as if they are just wrong and make large over generalizations etc.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I did not mean the whole chapter. I made a typing mistake and I corrected my error, not you. Why would I say the whole chapter when the specific subject of my paragraph was verse 13 only? You made the error of thinking the "us" in that verse is all believers, and I corrected your error along with 45 commentators.

Why would I say otherwise when I already know that some commentators extend the "us" to all believers in other verses of that chapter
whic is accurate and sound according to the text as i and other commentators agree.
Others don't,
those others are wrong, plain and simple
and say the "us" is only the apostles in those verses.
that is wrong as scripture shows in context and gramatical structure and through the revelation of the Spirit.
But show me one commentator, just one, who says any of those verses in 1 Cor 2 is referring to God giving us new revelations
To a new Christians, all things that God reveals o them, wether in direct speaking in their heart towards understanding the things of God and their walk and all things, or the revelation of the scripture and understanding and discerning of all things. These things will be "new" to them. A new revelation can be many things.Personal words to that believer or forth telling or prophecy and teaching etc. There is no scripture that says the Lord will only reveal things in the heart of believers about the scriptures only. God speaks many things and directs all believers in every thing. God enriched the Corinthians in everything and in all utterance and knowledge of Him

Consider this again, in prayer and humility,

“That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;”

These things God enriched them in in all "utterance'. As far as I know we do not have them written down, or the many prophecies that were spoken and all the prophets true words from God. These are not written down as we know, and so some may say they are extra biblical revelations. But they are within the order that God gives and they don't need to be added to scripture. Like the many things God teaches and the revelations and word of wisdom and knowledge and speaking by the Spirit are not all written down.

For example , no man can say jesus Christ is Lord but by the Holy Ghost. So does that mean that every time a believer speaks this by the Holy Ghost, that we need to write it down and add them and their words from God to the scripture? No, we don't

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.