A message from Adam to all of humanity?! Does this sound legitimate to you???

Does this message from Adam through Pastor Rick sound genuine to you?

• I tend to consider this message inspired and made possible by God!

• I tend to think that this was made up by a creative writer but cannot be genuine.

• Well, this would help to explain what we do in "heaven."

• We are forbidden to speak with the dead so this can't be real.

• I've read that thirty percent of published authors struggle with bi-polar syndrome.

• I find that this message has helped me to respect my grandfather Adam much more.

Results are only viewable after voting.

strangertoo

sin is diabolical abuse of fellow humans-1John 3:8
Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Strangertoo....you have made an exceptionally insightful comment by saying that we are waiting for ourselves rather than for God!

Well it came from scripture, not me, friend...

At any one moment we are actually as close to God as we REALLY want to be...the problem is we have difficulty going through the process of admitting that our specific sins and flaws are what they are.......

Well I believe it might be impossible ... but God's solution is rather elegant... He just waits for us to stop enough of the sins we do know about [so He doesn't kill us face-to-face with the intensity of shame induced by His Truth and then tells us all the rest of our sins we cannot admit to ourselves so we can repent fully ...

I would agree that there are only a couple of thousands saints on earth who hear God's voice rather clearly and genuinely try their best to listen to the voice of God....but The Soaking Movement is altering the formula somewhat and more and more Christians are beginning to learn to listen to the voice of God!

oh dear , they never listen:-

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

I would estimate that there are millions and millions of actual Christians on earth...but we tend to be nearly blind and nearly deaf and amazingly weak.

calling oneself a christian won't do anyone any good, one has to stop sinning , receive spirit baptism, and the perfect love in trial...

Jesus will take no-one who isn't perfected in Love by his return , most won't even have stopped sinning by then and Jesus will deny he ever knew them ...

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Well I believe it might be impossible ... but God's solution is rather elegant... He just waits for us to stop enough of the sins we do know about [so He doesn't kill us face-to-face with the intensity of shame induced by His Truth and then tells us all the rest of our sins we cannot admit to ourselves so we can repent fully ...

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Yes.....I read of somebody who reports meeting a deceased friend from church in heaven and he said that while we are here we have little idea of what heaven is really like!!!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fans...ho-had-been-very-shy-on-earth/438250039585847
Rick Joyner meets old friend in heaven who had been very shy on earth!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This "message" sounds contrived to me....

Howdy, Dennis. How have you been doing? I have missed you....

I like this sentence right here!!!!

Like Pastor Rick, my old church and I have struggled with a rather severe case of pride, self-righteousness and tended to condemn people too quickly. Many in my old church......The Worldwide Church of God.......as we were in the late 1980's, we also would have gotten a bit of a surprise to see Adam in heaven????!!!!!

“Please tell me more,” I asked, a little surprised to see Adam, but wanting to hear everything he had to say. “How do we prepare for Him?”

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

.....].

I am listening to a video right now that sure does indicate that our shame/guilt over our sins plays a huge role in negative near death experiences??!!

Three Atheist s Died and Went to Hell But Christ Gave Second Chances! Near Death Experience - YouTube

Three Atheist s Died and Went to Hell But Christ Gave Second Chances! Near Death Experience

d. His Description of the Horrors of Hell

They were still somewhere on the surface of the Earth; but no living person or beings of light could be seen. Before them was a plain jammed with hordes of spirits who are the most miserable and angriest beings he has ever seen. Many were engaged in hand-to-hand combat with no weapons - trying in vain to hurt and kill those who didn't agree with them. A lot of verbal abuse could be heard between them as their thoughts could be heard by everyone around them the moment they are thought. Ritchie is horrified as he wonders what living in such a realm would be like - a place where you cannot hide from who you really are. These spirits were locked into destructive thought-patterns, rage and uncontrollable lust. Some were trying in vain to get sexual gratification from each other. The wailing coming from the hordes of unsatisfied spirits was tremendous. Other spirits were in despair saying things such as, "I always knew!" and "Didn't I warn you!" Ritchie realizes this place is truly hell. Their obsessive thoughts and emotions extended beyond the physical realm and into the spiritual realm where they cannot be satisfied. Yet there was nothing preventing any of the poor spirits in these realms from leaving. There was no condemnation coming from Jesus either - only compassion for these miserable spirits. Ritchie realizes Jesus hadn't abandoned any of them here. Instead they fled from the light to escape from having the darkness of their heart from being revealed.
George Ritchie - Near-Death Experiences | Near-Death.com

John 3:19 "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I can pick virtually any lengthy response that I give in this forum.....(where incidentally I tend to be on my best possible behavior for some strange reason)...and I can point out examples of me being egotistical, pedantic, arrogant.....for that matter.....people who use terms like pedantic.....are almost always guilty thereof????!!!!!

Oh wretched man that I am who shall deliver me from this brain of death!!!!????
All my blessings.

Everything that comes from our mouths is vanity, it is with me.

I got kicked from the last forum because I deleted everything I said.

I found vanity in literally everything I said and I still do.

But its forums and conversation that keeps me in study, so I continue.

And this is said in Vanity.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
All my blessings.

Everything that comes from our mouths is vanity, it is with me.

I got kicked from the last forum because I deleted everything I said.

I found vanity in literally everything I said and I still do.

But its forums and conversation that keeps me in study, so I continue.

And this is said in Vanity.

The most astonishingly stupid, selfish and ignorant acts of my 54 years are strangely turning out to be the driving force behind what seems to be my greatest accomplishments......?????!!!

Perhaps this could be termed the "Bill Wilson effect".....after the guy who founded Alcoholics Anonymous????!!!

Nachman of Breslov - Wikiquote

If you believe breaking is possible, believe fixing is possible.

"Criticising others, giving them an unwelcome feeling, can be done by anyone. Uplifting them and giving them a good feeling - that takes a special gift and spending effort."

When a person falls from his level he should know that it’s heaven-sent, because going down is needed in order to go up, therefore he fell, in order that he arouses himself more to come close to Hashem. Advice for him - Begin anew to enter into service of Hashem as if you have never yet even begun (Ibid)

Whenever a person rises from one level to the next, it necessitates that he first has a descent before the ascent. Because the purpose of any descent is always in order to ascend.

It is a great thing for a person to still have an evil inclination because then he is able to serve Hashem with the evil inclination itself. That is, to take all of the fire in his heart and channel it towards service of Hashem. For example, to pray with fiery passion of the heart, etc. For, if there is no evil inclination in a person his service cannot be complete. (LM2 49)

A person must know that “Gods glory fills the entire world” (Isiah 6), and “There is no place void of Him” (Tikunei Zohar), and “He fills all worlds and surrounds all worlds” (Zohar)… even in the most defiled places there is godliness, for He gives life to everything as it says, “And you give life to everything” (Nechemia 9). So even if a person is stuck in the lowest of places he cannot excuse himself and say “I cannot serve Hashem here because of all the thickness and materialism that attacks me always,” for even there you can find Him and cling to Him and do complete teshuva, “For it is not far from you” (devarim 30), only that in this place there are many garments.”(

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Maybe this could also be termed the Yom Kippur effect.......because perhaps the hidden meaning in Leviticus 16:10 is that a fallen angel named Azazel is destined to return to the God of Abraham with his whole heart.......when he does.......the kingdom of Satan is divided......and soon falls????!!!

..."but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Aza'zel." (Lev 16:10, RSV)

......Later on when all mysteries are understood we may well discover that Azazel was like a fallen angelic General Abner who brought the ten tribes over to King David.....It might be legitimate to also compare him with the Apostle Paul........

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe this could also be termed the Yom Kippur effect.......because perhaps the hidden meaning in Leviticus 16:10 is that a fallen angel named Azazel is destined to return to the God of Abraham with his whole heart.......when he does.......the kingdom of Satan is divided......and soon falls????!!!

..."but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Aza'zel." (Lev 16:10, RSV)

......Later on when all mysteries are understood we may well discover that Azazel was like a fallen angelic General Abner who brought the ten tribes over to King David.....It might be legitimate to also compare him with the Apostle Paul........

H5799 עזאזל ‛ăzâ'zêl az-aw-zale'
From H5795 and H235; goat of departure; the scapegoat: - scapegoat.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
H5799 עזאזל ‛ăzâ'zêl az-aw-zale'
From H5795 and H235; goat of departure; the scapegoat: - scapegoat.

Goats are a rather interesting animal.

Sheep farmers here in Nova Scotia, Canada need to keep a few with their herd of sheep because there is a plan termed lamb kill....that kills lambs....but the goats love it and get to it before the lambs get a chance to!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I hope you are right about the Holy Spirit flooding humanity with his wisdom and insights. But I am pessimistic that anything will change humanity's awful trajectory. Evil has become far too deeply entrenched in humanity from religion and politics down to how ordinary folks think and act. That is because most folks have embraced a sociopolitical religion that extolls the "vitues" of pride, vanity, selfishness, greed, self-indulgence, idolarty, and foolishness. Alas....

They updated this page and it is really worth checking out:

.near-death.com/storm.html#a04
The image of the future that they gave me then, and it was their image, not one that I created, surprised me. My image had previously been sort of like Star Wars, where everything was space age, plastics, and technology.

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Animals lived with people, in harmony.

People, in this best of all worlds, weren't interested in knowledge; they were interested in wisdom. This was because they were in a position where anything they needed to know, in the knowledge category, they could receive simply through prayer. Everything, to them, was solvable. They could do anything they wanted to do.

In this future, people had no wanderlust, because they could, spiritually, communicate with everyone else in the world. There was no need to go elsewhere. They were so engrossed with where they were and the people around them that they didn't have to go on vacation. Vacation from what? They were completely fulfilled and happy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RevelationTestament

Our God is a consuming fire.
Apr 26, 2013
United States
✟19,404.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The most astonishingly stupid, selfish and ignorant acts of my 54 years are strangely turning out to be the driving force behind what seems to be my greatest accomplishments......?????!!!

Perhaps this could be termed the "Bill Wilson effect".....after the guy who founded Alcoholics Anonymous????!!!
or maybe it should be called "the Adam effect" - which is why I differ from the interpretation offered by the OP

Upvote 0

RevelationTestament

Our God is a consuming fire.
Apr 26, 2013
United States
✟19,404.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
They updated this page and it is really worth checking out:
.near-death.com/storm.html#a04
The image of the future that they gave me then, and it was their image, not one that I created, surprised me. My image had previously been sort of like Star Wars, where everything was space age, plastics, and technology.

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Animals lived with people, in harmony.

People, in this best of all worlds, weren't interested in knowledge; they were interested in wisdom. This was because they were in a position where anything they needed to know, in the knowledge category, they could receive simply through prayer. Everything, to them, was solvable. They could do anything they wanted to do.

In this future, people had no wanderlust, because they could, spiritually, communicate with everyone else in the world. There was no need to go elsewhere. They were so engrossed with where they were and the people around them that they didn't have to go on vacation. Vacation from what? They were completely fulfilled and happy.

Wow. Does sound like heaven. We have a lot of work to do.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wow. Does sound like heaven. We have a lot of work to do.

Have you read Heaven is For Real by Colton Burpo yet?

.. or have you seen the movie?

I think that his book is grabbing the attention of huge numbers of people.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I hope you are right about the Holy Spirit flooding humanity with his wisdom and insights. But I am pessimistic that anything will change humanity's awful trajectory. Evil has become far too deeply entrenched in humanity from religion and politics down to how ordinary folks think and act. That is because most folks have embraced a sociopolitical religion that extolls the "vitues" of pride, vanity, selfishness, greed, self-indulgence, idolarty, and foolishness. Alas....

It just hit me a few moments ago how that statement about the church…. fulfilling the role of Elijah in the coming years… fits with this verse from Isaiah:

Isaiah 59:19
"So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him."

A standard… can mean a flag…. but it can also mean a way to measure or weigh something. The least Christian is predicted to come to a level of faith and dedication and courage that will be somewhat higher than the power level given to John the Baptist……… so certainly the whole world will be amazed by the Bride of Messiah when she has that kind of power on her!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
or maybe it should be called "the Adam effect" - which is why I differ from the interpretation offered by the OP

Yes... The Adam Effect and/or the Bill Wilson Effect.. would be a good name for it!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A message from Adam? What complete twaddle. It seems to me that Mr Joyner rather fancies himself.

We don't need spurious 'messages' of this kind. All that we need is already in the Bible, and the canon is closed.

Thank you immensely for commenting Catherineanne.....
but America and the world sure seem to be in need of the
book "Heaven is for Real" about the near death experience of
three year old Colton Burpo.

That book and movie are bringing many, many thousand of people to
the place where the will research the Bible.

In the book Colton reports meeting with:
Messiah Yeshua - Jesus
John the Baptist
King David
Samson
Mary the Mother of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.....
and others.....

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Considering that this might assist, at least to some degree, in turning the hearts of the fathers to the children, it is good for us to take another look at this.

The Final Quest [English] Rick Joyner

Upvote 0