Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"According to God's Word..." Do you say that to end the discussion?

Matthew 5:43-48
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Loving your enemies does not mean forgiving them. Loving your enemies enough to help them and pray that God will lead them to repentance is what is it means to love your enemy. Once they repent, you forgive them.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a difference between forgiving someone for not knowing what they are doing, and forgiving someone who knowingly sins against you.

If a person did not know what they were doing was wrong, then it cannot be held against them as sin, for sin is dead without knowledge of what they were doing was against God's law.

Romans 7:8-9
For apart from the law, sin was dead. 9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.
"Danger, Will Robinson!"

Matthew 6:15 NIV
But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Danger, Will Robinson!"

But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

That is a true statement, and we forgive someone their sins after they repent, just as God forgives our sins after we repent. You have to be view your prooftexts in the context of all Scripture teaching on a term in order to determine if your prooftext is valid.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a true statement, and we forgive someone their sins after they repent, just as God forgives our sins after we repent. You have to be view your prooftexts in the context of all Scripture teaching on a term in order to determine if your prooftext is valid.
Your suggestion of withholding forgiveness is very dangerous.

Saint Steven said:
"Danger, Will Robinson!"

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your suggestion of withholding forgiveness is very dangerous.

Saint Steven said:
"Danger, Will Robinson!"

That is a true statement, however, that prooftext does not teach how or when one forgives others.

The Father will only forgive someone their sins if they confess them and repent.

Ezekiel 18:30-32 (WEB)
30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

Do you think God will forgive your sins if you continue in your sins without repentance?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think God will forgive your sins if you continue in your sins without repentance?
He already has.

Colossians 2:13-14 NIV
When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mat 7:13-14
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 how strait is the gate, and compressed the way that is leading to the life, and few are those finding it!

Lord Jesus is teaching a truth about the gate to destruction and the gate to life that was not only true for that time but for an indefinite period not mentioned. If that were not true, He would have stated a limit to the teaching.

Lord Jesus warns them to enter through the narrow gate.

Lord Jesus teaches that, not just them he is talking to. For instance:

"broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

This statement has no limit attached to it; rather, it is a teaching of the reality of what is happening continuously.

Likewise, when Lord Jesus discusses the narrow gate, he no longer uses the word "enter," but rather, the gate is so narrow that few are those "finding" it.

"few are those finding it"

Notice, there is no limit to the time this teaching ends, rather, it is a present tense that is continuous in that it shows no limit in time. In Greek, most present tense clauses are also continuous.

Another common example of a present tense that is continuous is all those clauses with the word "believe" in them. In the New Testament, most times "believe" is present and continuous. That is why literal Greek translations state "believe" as "believing" or "believes" in most cases.

In a clause, this would mean that to believe in Jesus is not a one time action to be saved, but must continue throughout your life. That is why so many Scriptures warn the believers to remain faithful to the end to be saved.

I notice in Matthew 7:13 an interesting feature - both gates lead to entry, and there is nothing said about what is entered. The verse does NOT say that the two gates lead to different places. or that they lead to the same place. Jesus did not specify, so by grammar alone, I'm assuming it's the same place. I checked an interlinear version, and the Greek did not help. Does the narrow gate lead to an easy entry, while the wide gate involves destruction before entry? It's deep.

I looked at the verse in biblehub.com, and noticed a translation outlier from the New Living Translation: “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way." I suppose most Christians read it that way.

However, compare “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it." -NASB

with

"If anyone’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet only so as through fire." -NASB

The works of some get destruction, but they are saved "as through fire." "Through" implies passing through, which implies entry further on. Is it just this simple, destruction of works, and then entry into the same place as those finding the narrow gate?

• Useful
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I found this post of mine on another forum:

IF Hell were real...

It might be mentioned in the creation account. It isn't.

God might have warned Adam, Eve, Cain, and a lot of other people about their risk of ending up there. He didn't.

The Law that God gave to Moses might contain warnings about living in such a way that you would risk going there. It doesn't.

The Bible's many accounts of the deaths of many, many people might have specified whether they went to Hell. They don't.

The word "hell" might stand on its own, instead of being footnoted in the margin as "sheol," "hades," "gehenna" or "tartarus." But it is.

We might expect to find Satan/Lucifer declared as the Ruler of Hell. But he isn't.

We might expect Jesus to speak more of Hell than of anything else, but no, He didn't. I checked - He spoke of the Kingdom of Heaven far more, almost ten times more.

We might expect Paul the Apostle to have mentioned Hell, but he didn't.

We might have expected Hell to have a better foundation than dubious translation and the fictions of Dante, Milton and Baxter, but it doesn't.

• Informative
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He already has.

Colossians 2:13-14 NIV
When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

Will you ever learn not to pervert God's Will by quoting God's Holy Word as prooftexts to back up your opinions?

In context, we made alive from spiritual death by faith in Jesus.

John 5:24 (WEB) 24 “Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and doesn’t come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 8:12 (WEB) 12 Again, therefore, Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. (Isaiah 60:1). He who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.

John 12:46 (WEB)
46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in the darkness

Galatians 3:21-22 (WEB) For if there had been a law given which could make alive, most certainly righteousness would have been of the law. 22 But the Scripture imprisoned all things under sin so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

In context, God forgave us all our sins when we repented and believed in Lord Jesus.

1 John 1:6-9 (NIV)
6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I notice in Matthew 7:13 an interesting feature - both gates lead to entry, and there is nothing said about what is entered. The verse does NOT say that the two gates lead to different places. or that they lead to the same place.

Read it again.

Matthew 7:13-14 Young's Literal Translation
13 `Go ye in through the strait gate, because wide [is] the gate, and broad the way that is leading to the destruction, and many are those going in through it;
14 how strait [is] the gate, and compressed the way that is leading to the life, and few are those finding it!

Jesus did not specify, so by grammar alone, I'm assuming it's the same place. I checked an interlinear version, and the Greek did not help. Does the narrow gate lead to an easy entry, while the wide gate involves destruction before entry? It's deep.

Destruction does not mean those on this pathway cease to exist. They don’t. All will live eternally either in damnation or blessing. Destruction refers to eternal ruin (cf. Matt 8:12, Rev 14:11, 20:10).

I looked at the verse in biblehub.com, and noticed a translation outlier from the New Living Translation: “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way." I suppose most Christians read it that way.

However, compare “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it." -NASB

Destruction does not always mean "cease to exist." It also means "ruin." Lord Jesus made clear that this way that leads to destruction is an eternal place where there is no rest day or night, but are tormented forever, and a place of darkness forever where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. That is eternal ruin (destruction) of the wide gate.

"If anyone’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet only so as through fire." -NASB

The context of this Passage is not discussing heaven or hell, nor does it discuss a person being sent anywhere, nor does it discuss sins a person commits - for no Christian can continue living in unrepentant sin and still be saved.

Rather, the whole context involves the works we do as Christians - not sins, but profitable works vs unprofitable works. Those who have profitable works will receive an award for service. Those things a Christian teacher does or teaches that were of no value are burned up - not the Christian.

The works of some get destruction, but they are saved "as through fire." "Through" implies passing through, which implies entry further on. Is it just this simple, destruction of works, and then entry into the same place as those finding the narrow gate?

This is your implied opinion, and has nothing to do with the context.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will you ever learn not to pervert God's Will by quoting God's Holy Word as prooftexts to back up your opinions?
Couldn't I say the same to you? (but won't because I know better)

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Couldn't I say the same to you? (but won't because I know better)

You could say it about me, but it would not be true. I showed your errors in all your posts with your continued misquoting of God's Word. You have not shown evidence from me that I do the same. Therefore, again, your refuted opinions have no context in truth.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could say it about me, but it would not be true. I showed your errors in all your posts with your continued misquoting of God's Word. You have not shown evidence from me that I do the same. Therefore, again, your refuted opinions have no context in truth.
I guess I will have to wait for you to repent so I can forgive you. - lol
Until then...

• Haha
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I found this post of mine on another forum:

IF Hell were real...

It might be mentioned in the creation account. It isn't.

God might have warned Adam, Eve, Cain, and a lot of other people about their risk of ending up there. He didn't.

The Law that God gave to Moses might contain warnings about living in such a way that you would risk going there. It doesn't.

The Bible's many accounts of the deaths of many, many people might have specified whether they went to Hell. They don't.

The word "hell" might stand on its own, instead of being footnoted in the margin as "sheol," "hades," "gehenna" or "tartarus." But it is.

We might expect to find Satan/Lucifer declared as the Ruler of Hell. But he isn't.

We might expect Jesus to speak more of Hell than of anything else, but no, He didn't. I checked - He spoke of the Kingdom of Heaven far more, almost ten times more.

We might expect Paul the Apostle to have mentioned Hell, but he didn't.

We might have expected Hell to have a better foundation than dubious translation and the fictions of Dante, Milton and Baxter, but it doesn't.

God kept many things a mystery in the Old Testament period, but fully revealed them in the New Testament as regards the entire Gospel Word.

1 Peter 1:10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

Romans 16:25 (NIV) Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith — 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Matthew 10:27 (WEB)
27 What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in the ear, proclaim on the housetops.

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God kept many things a mystery in the Old Testament period, but fully revealed them in the New Testament as regards the entire Gospel Word.

1 Peter 1:10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

Romans 16:25 (NIV) Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith — 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Matthew 10:27 (WEB)
27 What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in the ear, proclaim on the housetops.

"It doesn't reach, Herbert!"

You quote three verses, none of which address any of my points. I found them to be true after much reading and study. If you mean to imply that God kept Hell a secret for most of human history, then you should explain why He should be so evil as to send people to a bad place He had not warned them of.

It is all too easy to wave around a few verses of generalized comment. What you need to do is to find specific verses which contradict my specific points, but I'm thinking you can't.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Loving your enemies does not mean forgiving them. Loving your enemies enough to help them and pray that God will lead them to repentance is what is it means to love your enemy. Once they repent, you forgive them.

I think you're getting verses about forgiving an enemy (or someone in general) confused with those about forgiving a brother.

"And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors." Matthew 6:12

"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses" Matthew 6:14-15

"And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.” Mark 11:25

Last edited:
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"It doesn't reach, Herbert!"

You quote three verses, none of which address any of my points. I found them to be true after much reading and study. If you mean to imply that God kept Hell a secret for most of human history, then you should explain why He should be so evil as to send people to a bad place He had not warned them of.

It is all too easy to wave around a few verses of generalized comment. What you need to do is to find specific verses which contradict my specific points, but I'm thinking you can't.

The three verses, and I could quote many more, show that God left many things a mystery in the Old Testament, but God, all through the Old Testament, promised to repay with punishment those who do evil in this life, especially evil against the helpless.

God is not evil for sending them to a bad place. God is righteous in all His judgments, and will deal with each person according to the knowledge they had, and by their conscience.

Romans 2:14-16 (WEB)
14 (for when Gentiles who don’t have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my Good News, by Jesus Christ.

God will repay those who did evil while on earth, just as He warned in the Old Testament.

Romans 2:3-9 (WEB)
3 Do you think this, O man who judges those who practice such things, and do the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and patience, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But according to your hardness and unrepentant heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath, revelation, and of the righteous judgment of God; 6 who “will pay back to everyone according to their works:” [Psalm 62:12; Proverbs 24:12] 7 to those who by perseverance in well-doing seek for glory, honor, and incorruptibility, eternal life; 8 but to those who are self-seeking, and don’t obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, will be wrath, indignation, 9 oppression, and anguish on every soul of man who does evil, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Hebrews 10:19-31
(WEB)
...19 Having therefore, brothers, boldness to enter into the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the way which he dedicated for us, a new and living way, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh, 21 and having a great priest over God’s house, 22 let’s draw near with a true heart in fullness of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and having our body washed with pure water, 23 let’s hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering; for he who promised is faithful.
...24 Let’s consider how to provoke one another to love and good works, 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as the custom of some is, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
...26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and a fierceness of fire which will devour the adversaries. 28 A man who disregards Moses’ law dies without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses. 29 How much worse punishment do you think he will be judged worthy of who has trodden under-foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant with which he was sanctified an unholy thing, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “Vengeance belongs to me. I will repay,” says the Lord. [Deuteronomy 32:35] Again, “The Lord will judge his people.” [Deuteronomy 32:36; Psalm 135:14] 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

The place of wrath is eternal torment.

Revelation 14:9-11 (WEB)
9 Another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a great voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead, or on his hand, 10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is prepared unmixed in the cup of his anger. He will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 The smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever. They have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.

Matthew 8:11-12 (WEB)
11 I tell you that many will come from the east and the west, and will sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the Kingdom of Heaven, 12 but the children of the Kingdom will be thrown out into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

This will all take place after the judgement.

Matthew 12:31-46 (WEB)
. . . 44 “Then they will also answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn’t help you?’ 45 “Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you didn’t do it to one of the least of these, you didn’t do it to me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Those in the Days of Noah were also preached to by Noah for years, but they refused to repent.

2 Peter 2:5
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It looks to me like maybe you're doing the "holier than thou" thing. And also confusing misquoting with misinterpreting. As you know, many verses have varying interpretations. Some will insist that their interpretation is the only correct interpretation, but that doesn't necessarily make it so.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The three verses, and I could quote many more, show that God left many things a mystery in the Old Testament, but God, all through the Old Testament, promised to repay with punishment those who do evil in this life, especially evil against the helpless.

God is not evil for sending them to a bad place. God is righteous in all His judgments, and will deal with each person according to the knowledge they had, and by their conscience.

Romans 2:14-16 (WEB)
14 (for when Gentiles who don’t have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my Good News, by Jesus Christ.

God will repay those who did evil while on earth, just as He warned in the Old Testament.

Romans 2:3-9 (WEB)
3 Do you think this, O man who judges those who practice such things, and do the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and patience, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But according to your hardness and unrepentant heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath, revelation, and of the righteous judgment of God; 6 who “will pay back to everyone according to their works:” [Psalm 62:12; Proverbs 24:12] 7 to those who by perseverance in well-doing seek for glory, honor, and incorruptibility, eternal life; 8 but to those who are self-seeking, and don’t obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, will be wrath, indignation, 9 oppression, and anguish on every soul of man who does evil, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Hebrews 10:19-31
(WEB)
...19 Having therefore, brothers, boldness to enter into the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the way which he dedicated for us, a new and living way, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh, 21 and having a great priest over God’s house, 22 let’s draw near with a true heart in fullness of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and having our body washed with pure water, 23 let’s hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering; for he who promised is faithful.
...24 Let’s consider how to provoke one another to love and good works, 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as the custom of some is, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
...26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and a fierceness of fire which will devour the adversaries. 28 A man who disregards Moses’ law dies without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses. 29 How much worse punishment do you think he will be judged worthy of who has trodden under-foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant with which he was sanctified an unholy thing, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “Vengeance belongs to me. I will repay,” says the Lord. [Deuteronomy 32:35] Again, “The Lord will judge his people.” [Deuteronomy 32:36; Psalm 135:14] 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

The place of wrath is eternal torment.

Revelation 14:9-11 (WEB)
9 Another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a great voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead, or on his hand, 10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is prepared unmixed in the cup of his anger. He will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 The smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever. They have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.

Matthew 8:11-12 (WEB)
11 I tell you that many will come from the east and the west, and will sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the Kingdom of Heaven, 12 but the children of the Kingdom will be thrown out into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

This will all take place after the judgement.

Matthew 12:31-46 (WEB)
. . . 44 “Then they will also answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn’t help you?’ 45 “Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you didn’t do it to one of the least of these, you didn’t do it to me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Those in the Days of Noah were also preached to by Noah for years, but they refused to repent.

2 Peter 2:5
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly

Your whole post is just a side-step. Again, you post this and that verse, but fail to address my points.

So tell me, where is Hell in the creation accounts, the Law God gave to Moses, His warnings, and on and on...?

• Useful
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
* * * However, compare “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it." -NASB
with
You alluded to a verse, 1 Cor 3:14, which the "hell no!" crowd, quotes, out-of-context, trying to support universal reconciliation [UR]
1 Corinthians 3:9-17
9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
The subject of vs. 14 is not all mankind but the same subject throughout this passage, 1 Cor 3:9-14, "laborers together with God, God's husbandry, God's building." vs. 9. "who build on the foundation of Jesus Christ" vss. 10-11.
Throughout this passage "no man,""any man,""every man" refers to this group.
Vs. 15 does not refer to the work of all mankind but those who built on the foundation Jesus Christ vs. 14.
This passage certainly does not support UR because it ends with vs. 17 "If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy>"

Upvote 0