timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I had it appear on a receipt for a sandwich order at a Wawa I went to recently. I got order number 666. Does that mean God is against sandwiches? j/k

Only in the major enemies of Christianity. For example, Saudi's police hotline is 999. This is printed on the roof of their cars. Depending on which way they are facing if seen on top, it sometimes become 666.

The Saudi police logo is the "eye of providence" which also appears in the US one dollar bill. Finally, money have always been used to oppress the poor. This is why if you love money, you will hate God (Luke 16:13). Because money is being used to oppress the poor like denying them justice for example and exploiting their cheap labor for profits for enrichment. "What is done to the least, you do unto me" (Matthew 25:40).

I've lived in Saudi for two years and I've seen how they have exemplified the use of money (riches) to oppress the poor. Money silences justice.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am not 'seeing' ISIS as the harlot - I am seeing Saudi Arabia - I said it, spelled it out in my previous post.

I agree.

I've lived in Saudi for two years. Their police hotline is 999 and logo as the "eye of providence". Their country code is 966. They seem to love those numbers with 9 or 6 and they are obsessed with gold (Salary of King Solomon as 666 talents of gold)

The eye of providence is used by many establishments in Saudi. The Saudi police logo is based on the Freemasonry logo.

The birth of the Saudi nation mirrors the ISIS establishment of a new Islamic movement. The ISIS ideology is most similar to the Saudi Wahhabist Islam. The Saud clan historically used the same tactics as the ISIS to create the Saudi state, the only major difference is that nobody tried to stop the Sauds.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
- I am seeing Saudi Arabia -as the Harlot- I said it, spelled it out in my previous post.
Do you believe what the Bible have to say about the HARLOT ?

Isaiah 1:21
How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers

Jeremiah 3:8
And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery ie[worshiped other gods]I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Jeremiah 5:7
How shall I pardon thee for this? thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by them that are no gods: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots' houses.

1 Kings 11:7
Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

The symbol of MOLOCH an ancient Babylonian God is the HEXAGRAM the six pointed star.

666-hexagram.gif

Acts 7:43
Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch
Acts 7:43 Commentary - John Gill's Exposition of the Bible

The Star Of David Deception

Today, every major religion uses the Hexagram.

Buddhism, which denies Jesus Christ as God, uses the hexagram.
Hinduism-hexagram-166s.jpg

Buddhism: HexagrOM symbol:- “OM Mani Padme Hum” is the oldest and most important mantra of Tibetan Buddhism, usually translated from Sanskrit as “OM, jewel in the lotus, hum”.

The ‘jewel in the lotus‘ may be considered as enlightenment arising in the lotus of human consciousness.

This is the holiest of Tibetan mantras, associated with the bodhisattva (“enlightened being”) Avalokiteshvara, and is an expression of compassion as well as a longing for liberation and enlightenment.

Hinduism, which denies Jesus Christ as God, uses the hexagram.

Buddism hexagram = Shiva + Shakti + Murugan

In the Hindu religion, the hexagram is called the Shatkona, and is equivalent to the symbolism in ritual magic.

The Shatkona is the combination of the Shiva kona (trikona, triangle), the symbol of the God Shiva, representing the element of fire, and the Shakti kona, representing the element of water.
Buddism-hexagram-166.gif

The two components symbolize man’s position between earth and sky.

Together, they represent the union of male and female, and the heart chakra.

Islam, which denies Jesus Christ as God, uses the hexagram in mosques.
hexaincube-175.gif

Hexagram in a Cube

The symbol is known in Arabic as the Najmat Dawud (Star of David) or Khatem Sulayman (Seal of Solomon),

It is present in Islam mosques, on the Dome of the Rock and the Dome of the Chain on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

It is geometrically represented in a cube, which Muslims worship in Mecca at the Kabbah Allah black cube.

In various places in the Qur’an, it is written that David and King Solomon (Arabic, Suliman or Sulayman) were prophets and kings and therefore they are revered figures by Muslims.

Source:
The Star Of David Deception

Here you can see the Satanic Hexagram prominently placed on the Pope’s mitre.
pope-benedict-hexagram.jpg

The mitre is shaped like a fish mouth, representing Dagon, the Babylonian fish-god.

In the mystery religions, both the forehead and hands were tattooed during rites of initiation, to honor Dagon whose hands and head were cut off by God. Read 1 Samuel 5:1-5

Now think about where the mark of the beast will be placed! On the forehead and hand, just as in the Mystery Religions.

“No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation.” – David Spangler, Director of Planetary Initiative, United Nations.

This Pope’s Monstrance features a hexagram surrounded by a Sun symbol.
pope-monstrance-hex.jpg

The hexagram is disguised, as most people don’t understand the meaning of the six points on this monstrance.

It clearly forms a hexagram, and it has the wafer, the supposed body of Christ, right in the middle of the Satanic symbol.

The hexagram is a curse mark, so in essence, this is cursing the body of Christ.

Notice that the Sun waves have six-sided stars on them too.

The Pope [false prophet(?)]is actually working in a project to UNITE the 3 major religions [Catholics -Muslim-Judaism] into ONE religion !!!

Google: chrislam one world religion
----
Link:
In New York, Pope Francis Embraced Chrislam And Laid A Foundation For A One World Religion

In New York, Pope Francis Embraced Chrislam And Laid A Foundation For A One World Religion. If all this sounds incredibly strange to you, ...

Last edited:
Reactions: harkaz
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was not written in English. Its 600,6,6. Yet some other scrolls show it as 600,16,6. Yet until that/He is taken out of the way that as of now holds the lawless one back. Only when that happens will the lawless one come on the stage. Things falling into place for sure.. but God is doing wonders in this world. A watchman on the wall..lol didnt just watch for bad things. What do you see? Something WONDERFUL is about to happen

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
The only problem with the so-called "Islam controls the world" theory is that the false prophet has two horns like a lamb, associating him with a form of counterfeit Christianity, not Islam.

Revelation does not give a physical description of what the mark looks like. Why do people keep trying to equate the Greek rendering with things such as Arabic, credit cards, etc.? All of this numbering nonsense using different alphabets is silly and completely uncalled for. Review the fact:
No one will be able to buy or sell without the mark.

You can have a system that relies on everyone having the same FORMAT of numbers, but you can't have a system where everyone has the same NUMBER. The way our current credit card systems work should make it obvious. The Greek rendering of 666 is simply referring to the number format that the mark of the beast will use. Everyone who takes the mark will have a basic numbering format of 000000 000000 000000 where any of those digits can be a number from 0-9 or it might even employ some kind of alpha-numeric code. As far as what the mark will look like, nobody will know until they start implementing it during the tribulation. All of this other stuff is just extra-Biblical conjecturing rubbish.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of this other stuff is just extra-Biblical conjecturing rubbish.

Its used to buy and sell, which will replace credit cards/ debit cards. and it contains your ID number but its actually the seal of the devil too.
rfid-chip-hand-sweden.jpg

Cattles are chipped to mark its owner
People are chipped to mark its owner too /the beast.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Its used to buy and sell, which will replace credit cards/ debit cards. and it contains your ID number but its actually the seal of the devil too.
rfid-chip-hand-sweden.jpg

Cattles are chipped to mark its owner
People are chipped to mark its owner too /the beast.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH
If you believe receiving the above chip in your hand is accepting the mark of the beast, you are incorrect. The system does not exist yet, therefore, it is currently not possible to receive the mark of the beast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Nope

It's from a rather large body of knowledge that was passed down through the priesthoods and pertains to mathematical astronomy and the calculation of " omen ", what the Bible calls " signs in the sky "

Fascinating to see what people pull out of thin air, though

A discussion of gematria and statistics would stall most folks

Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sure, that and 144,000 are for deriving a dimensionless number that describes an eclipse of the Sun ( what Mesopotamian astronomers called " an omen ", one type at least )

I've actually written an entire forum on the topics ( Mathematical astronomy - mathematics in the Bible ) because they span so much and Mesopotamian metrology is a very complex subject, so giving a simple answer never suffices

But, here's the simple run down:

Let 864,000 and 2,160 be the nominal diameters of the Sun and Moon

As 216 is the cube of 6, or the digit product of 666, dp(666) = 6*6*6*6 = 216

144,000 / 666 = 216.216...
144,000 / 216 = 666.666...

144,000*6 = 864,000
216*10 = 2,160

864,000 / 2,160 = 400

The sun's diameter is about 400 times larger than that of the moon – and the sun is also about 400 times farther from Earth

400(%) = dimensionless number

230903main_SolarEclipse1995_226.jpg

main-qimg-84bce28c4932d0f4c0b284fc14f65d4e-c

That's a rather simplistic overview though

The truth of the matter is that thousand years before Kepler wrote his third law, the Mesopotamians knew that by raising the average sidereal period of any planet to the power .666666, you get the planet's distance from the Sun

So, that is

P(the period ) raised to .666666 = D ( distance ) in AU

P^.666666 = D

:)

Reactions: harkaz
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
timewerx said in post #1:

666 is probably just money

The 666 in Revelation 13:17c-18 refers to the number six hundred and sixty-six, the "number of the name" of the individual man who is the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast"). The number of a name (Revelation 13:17c-18, Revelation 15:2) is determined by employing the ancient method of gematria, by which numerical values are assigned to the letters of any alphabet as follows: The first nine letters are 1 through 9, the next nine letters are 10 through 90 (counting by tens), and the rest of the letters are 100, 200, 300, etc., to the end of the alphabet. In Revelation 13:18, the "counting", the adding up, of the gematrial number of the Antichrist's name should be done in the same way the gematrial numerical values of the three Greek letters (Chi, Xi, and Stigma) at the end of Revelation 13:18 (in the original Greek Textus Receptus) are added up to arrive at the number six hundred and sixty-six.

The numerical values of the letters of the ancient Greek alphabet (including the three obsolete letters of Stigma, Qoppa, and Sampi) were as follows: Alpha = 1, Beta = 2, Gamma = 3, Delta = 4, Epsilon = 5, Stigma = 6, Zeta = 7, Eta = 8, Theta = 9, Iota = 10, Kappa = 20, Lambda = 30, Mu = 40, Nu = 50, Xi = 60, Omikron = 70, Pi = 80, Qoppa = 90, Rho = 100, Sigma = 200, Tau = 300, Upsilon = 400, Phi = 500, Chi = 600, Psi = 700, Omega = 800, Sampi = 900.

Just as the numerical values of Chi, Xi, and Stigma at the end of Revelation 13:18 (in the Textus Receptus) add up to 666, so the numerical values of the letters in the Antichrist's name will add up to 666 (Revelation 13:17c-18). John used the Greek alphabet because it was the most common one used by Christians when the book of Revelation was written. Today, the English alphabet is the most common one used by Christians, insofar as English is the current lingua franca of the world. So the Antichrist's name will most likely add up to 666 in the English alphabet. The purpose of Revelation 13:17c-18 is to facilitate for Christians, not to make difficult for them, the identification of a certain man as possibly being the Antichrist. If the letters in his name had to be transliterated into the Greek alphabet, this would vitiate this purpose, for almost all Christians today wouldn't know how to properly perform this transliteration, and so different Christians would come up with different transliterations, and so would come up with different gematrial numbers for the name of the man in question.

If Christians think someone is the Antichrist, they need to check and make sure his name adds up to 666 in gematria (Revelation 13:17c-18). If it doesn't, then he isn't the Antichrist. If it does, then he could be, and they need to be especially wary of him and not be taken in by any deceptive charisma, intelligence, or amazing deeds he might display. But even if someone's name does add up to 666, this doesn't mean he's definitely the Antichrist. For just by chance there could be more than one person in the world whose name adds up to 666. The Antichrist also has to come from a country the territory of which used to be part of one of the four Diadochian Greek kingdoms which succeeded Alexander the Great (Daniel 8:8-9,21-25). These kingdoms stretched from Greece over to Iran, and down into Egypt. So the Antichrist could come from the Middle East. He could be an Arab who will come from Lebanon, from the modern city of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:4), and have a name like (for example) "Nabil Abdullah Falakal al-Hakim", which adds up to 666.

But if a man from the Middle East has a name which adds up to 666, even this doesn't assure he's the Antichrist. For he also has to sit (at least one time) in a third Jewish temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, Daniel 11:31,36, Matthew 24:15, Revelation 11:1-2). Once he does that, there won't be any more room for doubt over whether or not he's the Antichrist. His identity will have been definitely revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:3b-4).

The gematrial numerical values of the letters of the English alphabet are: A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4, E=5, F=6, G=7, H=8, I=9, J=10, K=20, L=30, M=40, N=50, O=60, P=70, Q=80, R=90, S=100, T=200, U=300, V=400, W=500, X=600, Y=700, Z=800. The way the gematrial number of a name is "counted" (Revelation 13:17c-18), is added up, is simply by adding up the gematrial numerical values of all the letters in that name. So, for example, the number of the name "John Mark Smith" is 636, because: J=10, O=60, H=8, N=50, M=40, A=1, R=90, K=20, S=100, M=40, I=9, T=200, H=8. Total = 636. The Antichrist's name will add up to 666 (Revelation 13:17c-18).

timewerx said in post #1:

It is not a literal beast that makes fire come down from heaven....This refers to man-made spacecraft that is re-entering the atmosphere from space (heavens) producing a bright trail of plasma (fire). The "Columbia Shuttle disaster" if anyone still remembers it.

Just as the Antichrist could make a worldwide television and internet spectacle out of his fulfilling of 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Daniel 11:36, so his False Prophet could make a worldwide television and internet spectacle out of his fulfilling of Revelation 13:13, when he will miraculously call fire down from heaven in the sight of everyone. He could do this as a Luciferian inversion of 1 Kings 18:19-40. For example, he could first gather together the most prominent leaders of the Christian community worldwide to the Champ de Mars (Mars being the same as Marduk the dragon, the chief god of ancient Babylon), which is the large open space in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. And he could tell them during a ceremony televised and webcasted worldwide to pray to YHWH God to send fire down and destroy the Tower.

And when the Christian leaders pray and YHWH doesn't do anything (by His own choice), the False Prophet could pray to Lucifer (the dragon, Satan: Revelation 12:9, Revelation 13:4) to send fire down and destroy the Tower. And Lucifer could do so (allowed to do so by YHWH), so that 1 Kings 18:38-40 will be turned on its head, so that news reporters could write (in their words) "Then the fire of Lucifer fell, and consumed the Eiffel Tower. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces. And they said, Lucifer is God, Lucifer is God. And the True Prophet said to them: 'Take these men of YHWH! Let not one of them escape!' And they took them. And the True Prophet brought them down to the river Seine, and slew them there" (as a Luciferian inversion of 1 Kings 18:38-40).

But would YHWH God really let something like this happen? Would he let Christians pray to Him to send fire down from heaven, but refuse to do so, while allowing Lucifer to send fire down at the beck of the False Prophet? Yes, YHWH could let this happen, as a test to Christians, to see if they love signs and wonders more than YHWH (cf. Deuteronomy 13:1-3). Christians must always remember that not all signs and wonders are from the true God, that Lucifer/Satan can also give people the power to perform them (e.g. 2 Thessalonians 2:9), in order to deceive people (Matthew 24:24-25, Revelation 13:13-14, Revelation 19:20).

The way not to be deceived is to continue to believe everything the Bible teaches is from God (John 8:31b, Matthew 4:4; 2 Timothy 3:15 to 4:4), no matter how amazing the miracles are of someone who teaches something which contradicts the Bible (Matthew 24:24; 1 Timothy 4:1). And the way to continue to believe everything the Bible teaches is from God is not to continue in any unrepentant sin. For otherwise our conscience could become seared as with a hot iron (1 Timothy 4:2), to where we could no longer endure the sound doctrine of the Bible, but after our own lusts heap to ourselves teachers who teach us fables which support us in our lusts (2 Timothy 4:3-4), to where we could even become willing to depart from the faith itself, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils (1 Timothy 4:1).

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
now faith said in post #5:

I have always been of the opinion that Islam was the antichrist . . .

Note that the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast"), during his future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18), won't support Islam in its past and current form, insofar as Islam affirms Jesus is the Christ (e.g. Koran 4:157, Koran 4:171), while the Antichrist will deny Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22). And Islam affirms Christ is in the flesh, while the Antichrist (like the Gnostics) will deny Christ is in the flesh (2 John 1:7). And Islam affirms the God of the Bible (YHWH) is the true God, while the Antichrist (like the Gnostics) will utterly revile YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36). And Islam (mistakenly) affirms no man can be God, while the Antichrist will say he is God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). And Islam forbids the worship of any images (Koran 21:52, Koran 6:74), while the Antichrist will have an image made of himself to be worshipped (Revelation 13:15). And Islam rejects Lucifer (Satan) as being evil, while the Antichrist will bring the world into the conscious and open worship of Lucifer (Satan, the dragon) (Revelation 13:4, Revelation 12:9). So the Antichrist's religion during his 3.5-year worldwide reign won't be Islam in its past and current form, but a blend of Luciferianism and Gnosticism.

Nonetheless, before Lucifer gives the Antichrist power over all nations (Revelation 13:4-7), the Antichrist, and the man who will be his False Prophet (Revelation 19:20) (who could be a secretly apostate pope), could at first pretend to wholly support Islam in its current form (as well as Christianity), in order to start gaining a worldwide following.

-

Even though Islam (in its current form) won't be the religion of the Antichrist during his future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign, Islam could be, since the latter half of the 7th century AD, Revelation 17:10's seventh empire (the Antichrist's empire will be a different, still-future, eighth empire: Revelation 17:11). Also, because Islam falsely claims the anti-gospel Koran came through the angel Gabriel, it's one fulfillment of Galatians 1:8-9 (cf. 2 Corinthians 11:14).

Islam is an anti-gospel religion because, even though it affirms Jesus is the Christ (e.g. Koran 4:157, Koran 5:17,75), it denies Jesus is the human/divine Son of God (Koran 9:30, Koran 4:171, Koran 5:72). And it denies He suffered and died on the Cross for our sins (Koran 4:157) and rose physically from the dead on the third day. In order to be saved, people have to believe the Gospel that Jesus is both the Christ and the human/divine Son of God (John 3:16,36; 1 John 2:23), and that He suffered and died on the Cross for our sins and rose physically from the dead on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Luke 24:39,46-47, Matthew 20:19, Matthew 26:28).

The reason why it's necessary to believe these things in order to be saved is because it was only as the human/divine Son of God that Jesus' suffering during His Passion could satisfy God the Father's justice (Isaiah 53:11), which requires an infinite amount of human suffering for sin (Matthew 25:46).

Jesus Christ's suffering during His Passion was sufficient to forgive the sins of everyone (1 John 2:2), because Jesus isn't just a human, but also God (John 1:1,14, John 10:30, John 20:28). His soul is infinite, and so the suffering of His soul (Isaiah 53:11, KJV) was infinite in amount, even though it wasn't infinite in duration. And so His suffering could satisfy God the Father's justice (Isaiah 53:11, KJV; 1 Peter 3:18), which requires an infinite amount of human suffering for sin (Matthew 25:46). Because humans who aren't God have finite souls, for them to suffer an infinite amount for their sins, they must suffer over an infinite duration of time (Matthew 25:46, Revelation 14:10-11, Mark 9:46).

Every human has sinned (Romans 3:23), except Jesus (Hebrews 4:15b; 2 Corinthians 5:21). But because Jesus suffered for sins (1 Peter 3:18, Isaiah 53:11, KJV) an infinite amount, when elect people repent from their sins and believe in Jesus' human/divine sacrifice, they can have their past sins forgiven (Romans 3:25-26, Matthew 26:28), while God the Father's justice remains fully satisfied by Jesus' suffering for their sins (Isaiah 53:11, KJV; 1 Peter 3:18).

-

One way to help Muslims understand how Jesus can be God, from everlasting, is to question them about their understanding of the Muslim belief regarding the Koran. For Islam says there was no time when the Koran didn't exist in a spiritual form in heaven, that it has always coexisted with Allah as his word. So Christians can show Muslims that the Bible says before Jesus' incarnation, there was no time when he didn't exist in a spiritual form in heaven. He has always coexisted with God the Father as God the Word (John 1:1,14).

This isn't to suggest the Muslim claim regarding the Koran is true, or that the book itself is true. Indeed, (again) because Islam falsely claims the anti-gospel Koran came through the angel Gabriel, it's one fulfillment of Galatians 1:8-9 (cf. 2 Corinthians 11:14).

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Riberra quoted someone in post #20:

The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the 'agentur' of the 'Illuminati' between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other.

One way this war could happen is the U.S. could undertake a massive buildup of the Iraqi Army, initially to bring about the total defeat of the Islamic State militant group (also known as ISIS, or ISIL, or Daesh) in Iraq and eastern Syria, and eventually so the Iraqi Army can serve as a proxy army, for the U.S. and Israel, for an all-out ground invasion of Iran, in order to end Iran's nuclear weapons program, its ballistic missile program, its terrorist-group support operations, and its extremist regime. As part of the buildup of the Iraqi Army, the U.S. could reinstall much of the former Iraqi Baathist military hierarchy (which existed under Baathist Saddam Hussein), to run the present Iraqi Army more efficiently and ruthlessly.

And if the current, Shiite-dominated government of Iraq balks at any return of a Baathist-dominated military (which cruelly suppressed the Iraqi Shiites under Saddam Hussein), or balks at any invasion of fellow-Shiite Iran, this could lead Western intelligence agencies to bring about a Baathist coup d'etat in Iraq. For they could see a well-run, Baathist Iraqi Army and government as the only way to permanently defeat Islamic State, and the only way to eventually invade and defeat Iran, which invasion the Iraqi Baathists could agree to perform. For they see meddling, non-Arab Iran as a great enemy of Arab autonomy.

Indeed, the current military brains of the Islamic State are former Iraqi Baathist generals who can't stand that the Iraqi government is so heavily influenced by Iran. They see (Sunni Arab) Islamic State as the only current, viable bulwark against the Iranians and Shiite Arabs taking control of all of Iraq and Syria. But if there are secret, Western overtures toward these generals, they could very well agree to defect from serving Islamic State to serving a non-sectarian Iraqi Army drawn mainly (not exclusively) from Sunni Arab and Kurdish militias in western and northern Iraq, which with secret Western assistance could then march on Baghdad and completely overthrow the current Iraqi government, which is very weak and corrupt.

Once the Iraqi Baathists take back control of the Iraqi government and military, they could then completely defeat ISIS and all Iranian-supported Shiite militias in Iraq. Then, in order to help get the Iraqi masses and the world behind the idea of a subsequent, all-out Iraqi invasion of Iran, "false flag" operations could be managed by Western intelligence agencies by which it will be made to seem that (non-Arab, Persian) Iran is attacking the Iraqi Sunni Arabs and their little children terroristically with "dirty bombs" made from Iranian-enriched uranium, so that the Iraqi Arab masses will become enraged and begin to call for all-out retaliation against (what they could call) "the vile Persians". And the world could see an Iraqi invasion of Iran as being completely justified by self-defense.

But then, right when Iraq is all ready to invade Iran, the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel (who by that time could be led by a great miracle-working false "Messiah": cf. Matthew 24:24) could completely destroy the Muslim Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque (the third-holiest sites in Islam) on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, in order to clear the site for the building of a third Jewish temple (Revelation 11:1-2, Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:31,36; 2 Thessalonians 2:4). This could so enrage Muslims worldwide, including the (Muslim) Iraqi Army, that the Iraqi Baathist Generals could see it as a perfect excuse to abandon the plan to invade huge Iran, and instead (pretending they're doing so in the name of Islam) turn and send their vast army against the small territory of Israel, completely defeating and occupying it (Daniel 11:15-17; in verse 17, the original Hebrew word translated as "daughter" is "bath").

But this wouldn't be the ultimate reason for the Baathist attack, which could continue on south to also defeat and occupy Egypt (Daniel 11:15). For Egypt is ruled by the U.S.-supported Egyptian Army, which the Baathists could see as being a puppet of the U.S., just as they could see Israel as being like a 51st state of the U.S. Baathism's ultimate aim is to unite all Arab lands from Oman to Morocco into one massive, powerful United Arab States free from all foreign (including U.S.) hegemony.

The all-out Iraqi attack on Israel could be joined by the entire (Baathist) Syrian Army (with all its missiles, many still secretly tipped with nerve agents), as well as by all of Iran's long-range missiles, and all of Hezbollah's and Hamas' missiles and guerrillas. Israel could find itself suddenly attacked from three directions at the same time, with tens of thousands of missiles raining down on its cities and military bases, and tens of thousands of Iraqi tanks (meant to defeat and occupy huge Iran) pouring across its borders. As Israel starts to see its small area of land completely overrun, and sees its total defeat and occupation is imminent and assured, in retaliation it could drop nuclear bombs on Baghdad, Damascus (Isaiah 17:1), Tehran, and other major cities of Iraq, Syria, and Iran.

There could be so many nuclear explosions sending so much radioactive dust and ash so high into the atmosphere, they could be blown eastward and fall on hugely-populated South Asia, ruining so many crop fields and immune systems there with radiation that a fourth of the world's population could end up dying from the war and its aftermath of famines and epidemics. This could fulfill the horrible war which will begin the future Tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, which war will, with its aftermath of famines and epidemics, end up killing a fourth of the world (Revelation 6:4-8). The "great sword" of this war (Revelation 6:4) could be Israel's nuclear weapons. This war could be blamed not only on the religious fundamentalism of Islam and Judaism, but also on religious fundamentalism in general, and so could lead to a worldwide crusade against all forms of religious fundamentalism, including Christian fundamentalism, that is, the (correct) idea the Bible is wholly true (2 Timothy 3:16, Matthew 4:4) and all other religions are cursed (Galatians 1:8-9, John 14:6, John 3:36, Acts 4:12).

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere in Scripture do we find a singularized capital A Antichrist. In the passages in 1 John 2, 1 John 4, and 2 John 1 in which the word appears, it is decapitalized, in recognition that it does not refer to a singularized individual. This is reinforced in 1 John 2:18, which speaks of many antichrists. The remaining passages in 1 John and 2 John describe the characteristics whereby an antichrist can be recognized.

Nevertheless, professing dispensationalists virtually universally subscribe to the doctrine of a singular Antichrist. What remains conspicuously untold is the history of the doctrine's origin and proliferation.

Into the second half of the 16th century, the Protestant Reformation was experiencing notable success in casting off the spiritual chains characterizing the papal Roman, i.e Roman Catholic (RC), empire’s Dark Ages. Two of the foundational proclamations upon which said success rested were: (1) The just shall live by faith; and (2) The papacy is an antichrist. For these, particularly the latter, multitudes of Reformation leaders and followers ultimately paid with their lives. Evidence for the latter was recognized from prophecies in Daniel and Revelation; from the RC church’s own arrogated title for the pope, VICARIVS FILII DEII (Latin for Vicar of the Son of God); and for the pope’s own direct claims (Pope Pius XI, “I am God on the earth.”).

Notable also is the sum of the Latin numerals in VICARIVS FILII DEII of 666, which may or may not be considered to be of significance.

The RC church’s own foundations were crumbling under the Reformation onslaught, and the necessity for a counter strategy was being exigently recognized. Francisco Ribera (1537-1591), a priest within the RC order of the Jesuits, was commissioned with the task. He responded by producing a 500 page commentary which speculated upon a single future Antichrist who would abolish Christianity, claim to be God, and conquer the world. This was the beginning of the counter-Reformation doctrines of futurism which became intrinsic to contemporary dispensationalism.

Ribera’s futurism was further disseminated within RC ranks by Italian cardinal Robert Bellarmine (1542-1621), and became official RC dogma.

For a further two centuries, however, only the RC church subscribed to the futurist position. Then in 1826-1830, Samuel Maitland (1792-1866), librarian to the Archbishop of Canterbury, became the first Protestant to adopt it. Disbelieving that the papacy was in the prophecies, he was contemptuous of much of the Reformation.

James Todd (1805-1869), professor of Hebrew at Trinity College in Dublin, became a subsequent ecclesiologically prominent adherent. Others began to follow.

Concurrent with these developments were the appearance and rise of Darbyism and the doctrines of modern dispensationalism originated by its founder John Nelson Darby. Futurism was recognized as being a fully compatible and welcome addition, and was quickly integrated. The result was an interpretive system overwhelmingly oriented to futurized speculation and conjecture, with minimal to no regard for the historic prophetic wisdom and sacrifices of the Reformers of old.

This system ultimately spread globally, and prevails in evangelicalism today.

Historical Reformation prophetic fulfillment is anathema to dispensational futurized speculation. Until historical Reformation truth is recognized and reclaimed, the delusion and deception of a futurized singularized Antichrist will continue to be perpetuated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible2+

Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
jgr said in post #48:

Nowhere in Scripture do we find a singularized capital A Antichrist.

Any person is an antichrist who denies Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ (1 John 2:22), or who denies Jesus is the human/divine Son of God (1 John 2:22b), or who denies Christ is in the flesh (2 John 1:7). The spirit of antichrist which will animate the future Antichrist has been working since the 1st century AD (1 John 4:3; 2 Thessalonians 2:7a), animating many antichrists since that time (2 John 1:7).

Also, the existence of many antichrists (1 John 2:18) doesn't contradict there will be an individual man (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4,9, Revelation 13:4-18) who's commonly called the Antichrist, just as on the side of good, the existence of many sons of God (John 1:12) doesn't contradict there's an individual man (Jesus Christ of Nazareth) who is the Son of God (John 20:31).

Also, the idea of the individual-man Antichrist doesn't have to be explicitly referred to in scripture as "the Antichrist" in order for it to be true and supported by scripture, just as, for example, the idea of the Trinity doesn't have to be explicitly referred to in scripture as "the Trinity" in order for it to be true and supported by scripture (e.g. Matthew 28:19, John 1:1,14, Acts 5:3-4).

The man commonly called the Antichrist will be the fulfillment of the individual "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:3) who will sit (at least one time) in a third Jewish temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). He will fulfill the individual "man" aspect of the "beast" who will come (Revelation 13:18) and bring the world into the conscious and open worship of Lucifer (Satan, the dragon) and himself (Revelation 13:4,8, Revelation 12:9). He will rule the earth for 3.5 literal years (Revelation 13:5-10, Daniel 7:25, Daniel 12:7), and will have a miracle-working False Prophet (Revelation 19:20, Revelation 16:13), who by amazing, Satanic miracles (2 Thessalonians 2:9b), such as calling fire down from heaven (Revelation 13:13), will deceive the world into worshipping a speaking (possibly an android) image of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:15), and receiving a mark of the Antichrist's name or gematrial name-number (666) on their right hand or forehead (Revelation 13:16-18). The Antichrist and his False Prophet will ultimately be cast into the lake of fire at Jesus Christ's Second Coming (Revelation 19:20), while at that time Satan will be bound in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1-3). None of these things has happened yet.

The idea of a future, individual-man Antichrist was correctly recognized in the scriptures by the Church from early on. Irenaeus (born c. 140 AD) used the term: "speaking of Antichrist, [Paul] says, 'who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped'" (Against Heresies 3:6:5; 2 Thessalonians 2:4); "...by means of the events which shall occur in the time of Antichrist is it shown that he, being an apostate and a robber, is anxious to be adored as God" (Against Heresies 5:25:1; 2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36, Revelation 13:8); "...when this Antichrist shall have devastated all things in this world, he will reign for three years and six months, and sit in the temple at Jerusalem" (Against Heresies 5:30:4b; Revelation 13:5; 2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 7:25, Daniel 12:7); "...the number of the name of the beast ... the name of Antichrist" (Against Heresies 5:30:1; Revelation 13:17c-18).

The gematrial numerical values of the letters in the Antichrist's personal name will add up to six hundred and sixty-six (Revelation 13:17c-18).

jgr said in post #48:

Notable also is the sum of the Latin numerals in VICARIVS FILII DEII of 666, which may or may not be considered to be of significance.

Note that "Vicarius Filii Dei", a title of the pope, only equals 666 when by mistake people use the Roman-numeral method of counting the number of a name:

V = 5
I = 1
C = 100
A
R
I = 1
U = 5 (because under this method U is the same as V)
S

F
I = 1
L = 50
I = 1
I = 1

D = 500
E
I = 1

Total = 666

This doesn't mean the pope is the Antichrist. It just means the Roman-numeral method gives false positives. For example:

E
L = 50
L = 50
E
N

G
O
U = 5
L = 50
D = 500

W = 10 (because W = double U = UU = VV)
H
I = 1
T
E

Total = 666

This doesn't mean the most important early leader of the SDA view is the Antichrist. It just means the SDA view (or any other view) shouldn't employ the Roman-numeral method of counting the number of a name, instead of the Bible's own method, which is gematria.

-

Also, note that the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast"), during his future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18), won't support Catholicism in its past and current form, insofar as Catholicism affirms Jesus is the Christ, while the Antichrist will deny Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22). And Catholicism affirms Jesus is the Son of God, while the Antichrist will deny Jesus is the Son of God (1 John 2:22b). And Catholicism affirms Christ is in the flesh, while the Antichrist (like the Gnostics) will deny Christ is in the flesh (2 John 1:7). And Catholicism affirms the God of the Bible (YHWH) is the true God, while the Antichrist (like the Gnostics) will utterly revile YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36). And Catholicism affirms the only man who is God is Jesus Christ of Nazareth, while the Antichrist will say that he (the Antichrist) is God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). And Catholicism affirms Lucifer (Satan) is evil, while the Antichrist will bring the world into the conscious and open worship of Lucifer (Satan, the dragon) (Revelation 13:4, Revelation 12:9). So the Antichrist's religion during his 3.5-year worldwide reign won't be Catholicism in its past and current form, but a blend of Luciferianism and Gnosticism.

Nonetheless, before Lucifer gives the Antichrist power over all nations (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9), the Antichrist, and the man who will be his False Prophet (Revelation 19:20) (who could be a secretly apostate pope), could at first pretend to support Catholicism (as well as Christianity generally, and also Islam), in order to start gaining a worldwide following.

Upvote 0