5) Make every effort to enter through the narrow door

johnchao

Dec 5, 2006
✟15,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lk 13:23 Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?" He said to them, 24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, `Lord, open the door for us. "'But he will answer, `I don't know you or where you come from. 26 "'Then you will say, `We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets. 27 "'But he will reply, `I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!
(Note: To be saved one must make every effort to enter through the narrow door, many will try to enter and will not be able to)
Mt 7:13 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
(Among the believers there is the narrow gate and the wide gate. Many enter through the wide gate, and only a few find the narrow gate)
Jn 10:7 Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
Jn 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.
(Note: Jesus is the son of God, the word of God, the rain and grass:
Jer 14:1 This is the word of Yahweh to Jeremiah concerning the drought: 2 "Judah mourns, her cities languish; they wail for the land, and a cry goes up from Jerusalem. 3 The nobles send their servants for water; they go to the cisterns but find no water. They return with their jars unfilled; dismayed and despairing, they cover their heads. 4 The ground is cracked because there is no rain in the land; the farmers are dismayed and cover their heads. 5 Even the doe in the field deserts her newborn fawn because there is no grass. 6 Wild donkeys stand on the barren heights and pant like jackals; their eyesight fails for lack of pasture."
The word of God is rain and grass:
Job 29:22 After I had spoken, they spoke no more; my words fell gently on their ears. 23 They waited for me as for showers and drank in my words as the spring rain.
Ps 23:1 Yahweh is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters.
Lk 2:10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
(Note: The Lord was born lying in a manger, and that was a sign, because we are donkeys, the grass we eat is the word of God; Jesus became flesh for our sins, and after his resurrection one half is again the word of God)
Ge 28:16 When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, "Surely Yahweh is in this place, and I was not aware of it." 17 He was afraid and said, "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven."
The house:
Jn 2:16 To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"
Jn 2:21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body.
(Note: Jesus is the temple of God, the gate of heaven, the green pastures, the side of quiet waters and the word of God)
Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." 2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.
(Note: In the Spirit John heard the voice of God speaking, and the gate of heaven opened)
Gal 3:3 Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?
(Note: The word Jesus speaks to us after his ascension is spirit:
Jn 6:62 What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.)

Mt 16:15 "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" 16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
The rock:
1Co 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.
(The church will be built on the rock of revelation)
Mt 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
Note: The other kind of gate is the gate of Hades:
Hades:
Hab 2:4 "See, Chaldeans is puffed up; his desires are not upright-- but the righteous will live by his faith-- 5 indeed, wine betrays him; Chaldeans is arrogant and he does not stay at home. Because he enlarges his desire as Sheol and like death is never satisfied, he gathers to himself all the nations and takes captive all the peoples.
(Note: Chaldeans is the language and literature, the letter of the Bible:
Da 1:4 young men without any physical defect, handsome, showing aptitude for every kind of learning, well informed, quick to understand, and qualified to serve in the king’s palace; he was to teach them the language and literature of the Chaldeans.
Eze 12:13 I will spread my net for him, and he will be caught in my snare; I will bring him to Babylonia, the land of the Chaldeans, but he will not see it, and there he will die.
(Note: Hades is desire, one does what one’s own heart wants to do, this is Hades.)
Pr 1:10 My son, if the wicked entice you, do not give in to them. 11 If they say, "Come along with us; let's lie in wait for someone's blood, let's waylay some harmless soul; 12 let's swallow them alive, like the grave, and whole, like those who go down to the pit.
(Note: The enticement of the wicked is Hades)
Then, what are the wicked?
1Sa 2:12 Eli's sons were wicked men; they did not know Yahweh.
Ps 9:17 The wicked return to the grave, all the nations that forget God.
Peter was in the revelation, and Jesus gave the key of the kingdom of heaven to Peter.
1Pe 1:10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.
(Note: The prophets were in the revelation, and were all the firstborn:
Heb 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect.
Lk 13:28 "'There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last."
Ro 10:8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." 14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" 16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?" 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. 18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." 19 Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says, "I will make you envious by those who are not a nation; I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding." 20 And Isaiah boldly says, "I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me." 21 But concerning Israel he says, "All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people."
(Note: Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ)
2Th 2:13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.
The truth:
Ro 16:25 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey the faith-- 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

prof_chao@yahoo.com