Visit site
✟1,357,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.” (Matthew 7:13-14 ESV)

We live in a day and time here in America where the majority all appear to be teaching the wide gate and the easy way as the true path to salvation from sin and to eternal life with God. And so they are refuting the idea that we must enter by the narrow gate, and that we must walk in the way that is hard as the way that leads to life everlasting. And they are refuting the notion that the wide gate and the easy way will lead to destruction, decay, and death. And so they have flip flopped these to appease human flesh.

So, if you are one who is teaching the narrow way, which is hard, versus the easy way, that is wide (broad), you are likely to be taken to task and accused of teaching works salvation and legalism, and of being hateful, judgmental, intolerant, and negative. For the easy way is what is being pushed as the true path, and those who are promoting this have managed to convince the masses to believe them and to reject those who are teaching the truth that Jesus taught and that his NT apostles taught, which is hard.

For this has become all about what makes people feel good who are still habitually and deliberately sinning against the Lord, whether what is being taught is the truth or not. And this has become all about not offending the ungodly and not making them feel bad about themselves and about their sins. So they encourage the ungodly, but then they reject, cast out, slander, and mistreat those who are truly on the path of righteousness, which is the narrow way and the hard way which leads to life with Jesus Christ.

So, what does this mean exactly by these terms narrow and hard and wide and easy? I think we can probably guess the easy one, as it signifies that there is no effort on our part required, which is what is largely being pushed as the truth these days. But they take Scriptures out of context to try to prove their case, too. And the one they often use the most is Ephesians 2:8-9, but they leave out verse 10. And so they teach “no works required” when verse 10 clearly states that works are required (see Ephesians 2:8-10).

But this is where we need to differentiate between works operated in the flesh and works commanded of us by God which are of the Spirit and which God prepared in advance that we should walk in them, as those who are his workmanship. So we must know that Jesus Christ gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works, the works he prepared in advance that we should walk in them (see also Titus 2:11-14).

So, what did Jesus teach about the way that is hard and narrow? He taught that if anyone would come after him that he must deny self, take up his cross daily (die daily to sin) and follow (obey) him. For if we hold on to our old lives of living in sin and for self, we will lose them for eternity. But if for Jesus’ sake we deny self, die daily to sin, and follow him in obedience to his commands, then we have eternal life in him. But if we deny him by how we live our lives on this earth, then when he returns for his bride one day, he will deny us, and we won’t have eternal life in him (see Luke 9:23-26).

We are also taught that the life of one who follows Jesus Christ is the way of righteousness and holiness and moral purity, and honesty, and faithfulness, and obedience to our Lord and to his commands. And it is also the way of suffering for the sake of the gospel and for the sake of righteousness and holiness. Especially if we are out there in the public sharing the narrow way as the right way, and if we are refuting the wide and easy way, which leaves people still in slavery to sin, then we are bound to be persecuted and rejected and falsely accused of wrongdoing.

[Matt 5:10-12; Matt 10:16-25; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 6:22-23; Lu 21:12-19; Jn 15:1-21; Jn 16:33; Jn 17:14; Ac 14:22; Rom 5:3-5; Phil 3:7-11; 1 Pet 1:6-7; 1 Pet 4:12-17; 2 Tim 3:12; 1 Thess 3:1-5; Jas 1:2-4; 2 Co 1:3-11; Heb 12:3-12; 1 Jn 3:13; Rev 6:9-11; Rev 7:9-17; Rev 11:1-3; Rev 12:17; Rev 13:1-18; Rev 14:1-13]

But Jesus died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness, and that we might live for him and no longer for self. He shed his blood for us on that cross to buy us back for God (to redeem us) out of our lives of slavery to sin so that we will now honor God with our bodies. And he was crucified on that cross and resurrected from the dead that we might be crucified with him in death to sin and raised with him to walk in newness of life in him, no longer as slaves to sin but now as slaves to God and to his righteousness. For if sin is what we practice, and not obedience, we will not have eternal life.

[Matthew 7:21-23; Luke 9:23-26; Romans 2:6-8; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-14; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Corinthians 5:15; Galatians 5:16-21; Galatians 6:7-8; Ephesians 2:8-10; Ephesians 4:17-32; Ephesians 5:3-6; Hebrews 10:23-31; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Jn 1:5-10; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10]

So, if you are teaching the narrow and the hard way, and not the easy and the broad way, don’t be surprised and don’t be afraid if you are rejected and accused falsely of teaching lies and not the truth. Just keep speaking truth.

Why Are You Afraid?

An Original Work / December 5, 2013
Based off Various Scriptures

Do not be afraid.
Your Lord is always by your side.
Serve the Lord in righteousness
Before Him all your days.

Those who hate the light
Will not come to the Lord.
They fear their deeds
Might be noticed.
So, they hate the light,
And they embrace the night.

Do not be afraid,
Although your enemy attacks.
Dare to share your testimony
Of God’s saving grace.

Do not fear their threats,
But honor Christ, your Lord.
Be prepared to give an answer
For the hope you have,
With gentleness; respect.

Why are you afraid?
For all that’s hidden will be shown.
What I tell you, speak in daylight.
Let the truth be known.

Do not be afraid
Of those who’ll take your life.
Fear the Lord with understanding.
Trust Him with your life,
And give not up to strife.

Do not be afraid.
Take courage, it is I, your Lord.
Bow before Me; now adore Me.
Oh, why do you doubt?

Listen to the Lord.
Get up and bear His name!
Run and tell the world He loves them.
Jesus came to save.
Give Him your all today.

Samantha8824

Jan 16, 2024
Burlingame CA
✟1,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Your words, experience and wisdom are very encouraging to me. Your story definitely resonates with my own difficulties and life situation. I have been away from the faith for a long time because of similar issues as you’ve written in your thread. This year I returned to church and am grateful for the privilege of being in God’s House. The thing that torments me still is the way my two sons view me as being a “hooch” or wayward woman due to the part time job I do three nights a week. Also how my older brother Stephan grieves for the loss of his firstborn son Eric, and blames God for my nephew’s death. The other thing is that my father hasn’t changed the way he acts/thinks, and even now entertains lustful thoughts towards me. There’s a lot of other things that I believe are working against me to restore my walk with Christ. After reading your message and how you dealt with what I believe was an insurmountable challenge I am resolved to follow your example and do as you did. I will read as many of your posts as possible and increase the time I spend in prayer and reading Scripture. Tomorrow I will resign my part-time job as a stripper and just keep my day job as a paralegal. Being a single parent in the SF Bay Area is ridiculously expensive. Yet, after meditating on the wisdom of your words I realize that if I don’t quit working at that place restoring my Christian life will never be complete, and sin will continue to prevail in my life. Another fact is if I don’t take this decisive step my two boys will not believe that I am trying to change for them and for myself. Thank you for being a great inspiration and a blessing to me!

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am trying to change for them and for myself. Thank you for being a great inspiration and a blessing to me!
Change for yourself and for them, the latter will come naturally.

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your words, experience and wisdom are very encouraging to me. Your story definitely resonates with my own difficulties and life situation. I have been away from the faith for a long time because of similar issues as you’ve written in your thread. This year I returned to church and am grateful for the privilege of being in God’s House. The thing that torments me still is the way my two sons view me as being a “hooch” or wayward woman due to the part time job I do three nights a week. Also how my older brother Stephan grieves for the loss of his firstborn son Eric, and blames God for my nephew’s death. The other thing is that my father hasn’t changed the way he acts/thinks, and even now entertains lustful thoughts towards me. There’s a lot of other things that I believe are working against me to restore my walk with Christ. After reading your message and how you dealt with what I believe was an insurmountable challenge I am resolved to follow your example and do as you did. I will read as many of your posts as possible and increase the time I spend in prayer and reading Scripture. Tomorrow I will resign my part-time job as a stripper and just keep my day job as a paralegal. Being a single parent in the SF Bay Area is ridiculously expensive. Yet, after meditating on the wisdom of your words I realize that if I don’t quit working at that place restoring my Christian life will never be complete, and sin will continue to prevail in my life. Another fact is if I don’t take this decisive step my two boys will not believe that I am trying to change for them and for myself. Thank you for being a great inspiration and a blessing to me!
Samantha, thank you for sharing that with me. Walk in the truth of God's word and in the way of righteousness and holiness, and obey the commandments of the Lord under the New Covenant, and daily die to sin and to self and follow the Lord Jesus wherever he leads you.

Upvote 0

Samantha8824

Jan 16, 2024
Burlingame CA
✟1,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Samantha, thank you for sharing that with me. Walk in the truth of God's word and in the way of righteousness and holiness, and obey the commandments of the Lord under the New Covenant, and daily die to sin and to self and follow the Lord Jesus wherever he leads you.
Thank you for your encouragement and support. Sometimes I feel so alone and hopeless it’s overwhelming. So, your words mean a lot to m. Thank you

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your encouragement and support. Sometimes I feel so alone and hopeless it’s overwhelming. So, your words mean a lot to m. Thank you
You are so welcome. Just keep reading the Scriptures, in context, and keep trusting the Lord, and keep obeying him and his word, and you will be alright. It doesn't mean you won't still feel alone, at times, or a lot, or that life won't be hard, it will be, but that you can have peace and calm and assurance that your life is in the hands of the Lord.

Upvote 0