Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does Mitch give a reason, or is this just to please Leader Trump?
Did you read the article?

As far as I can tell from listening to various conservative sources, Trump and McConnell ain't big fans of one another.

Upvote 0

sprknjc

John 15:13
Feb 3, 2024
Northern Virginia outer suburbs
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
At the grass roots level when public legislated policy does not work, here is what each of us can do, especially if you live, shop, or work in an area with many immigrants.

An encounter with an Afghan asylum refugee at the supermarket, learned she was of a doctor's family before escaping her country. Here helping her with her limited English find a couple of products on the grocery store shelves.

At a multi family yard sale at a nearby community center, saw someone who clearly came from south of the border themselves or from their family lineage in their appearance and accent stealing small items from a couple of tables. So not to further feed the evil, those couple of people selling closed up shop pretty quickly.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

sprknjc

John 15:13
Feb 3, 2024
Northern Virginia outer suburbs
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also at the local level like in the Field of Dreams baseball movie, if you build it, they will come, which with immigration both good and bad behavior. Having materials at the government center printed in multiple languages, or many stations on the local TV cable system in various languages. Or expanding local public bus service beyond rush hour commuter service to frequent service at all hours including late at night and werkends attracts the criminal element of immigrants and other nationalities, a good friend of mine in law enforcement confirmed.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Did you read the article?

As far as I can tell from listening to various conservative sources, Trump and McConnell ain't big fans of one another.

I thought at least BB could get this right (and there is no way in ... that I will click a link to bb). Actual reporters have reported that McConnell is neither whipping for or against the bill. (A sign of his weakness to be certain.)

Senate's border deal teeters on brink of collapse

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Politico.com more often has a liberal point of view than not. However, if those two attendees are being honest, then I believe McConnell is unwilling to make a stand. Instead, I believe he's waiting with his finger in the air to feel which way the political winds are blowing about that bill.

Upvote 0