Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Look at the verses surrounding verse 6. Verse 5 has nothing to do with a time since the first coming, and neither does verse 7. So why shouldn't the same be true of verse 6?

2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

How can Jude 1:6 and 2 Peter 2:4 not be referring to the same events? Why would 2 Peter 2:5 mention Noah's flood after verse 4 in that same chapter if verse 4 has no connection to that whatsoever? But let's say it doesn't. The fact verses 4-7 are in the order they chronologically occurred in history, this would at least place the timing of verse 4 as preceding the times of these events in verses 4-7.

If any of these angels also included satan, when did he get out of hell in order to be cast into the bottomless pit as of the cross? Where can I find those Scriptures?

Actually, I am going to agree with part of what you said above.
Satan lead the rebellion against God, before he tempted Eve.

The battle in heaven described in Revelation chapter 12 occurred before the fall.
Those wicked angels were cast down and bound to the earth, at that time.
We know Christ did cast demons out of people during His earthly ministry.

Satan is only bound in one respect in Revelation chapter 20.
He is kept from deceiving the nations, because of the spread of the Gospel.
Before that almost all of the nations outside of Israel were heathens totally under the spell of Satan.
Are many people still deceived? Yes.
However, there are now missionaries in almost every nation.
The battle between Satan and God's people will occur until the Second Coming.

Christ said that the "strong man" must be bound before his house could be "spoiled".

Mar_3:27 No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

In Colossians chapter 2 we are told that Christ was victorious at the Cross.

Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actually, I am going to agree with part of what you said above.
Satan lead the rebellion against God, before he tempted Eve.

The battle in heaven described in Revelation chapter 12 occurred before the fall.
Those wicked angels were cast down and bound to the earth, at that time.
Your calendar has a major malfunction , The battle in heaven in Revelation 12 has not yet happened - that is when satan is no longer to access the courtroom of God to accuse the saints of wrong doing and is thrown down to earth and the Man of Lawlessness make his appearance and joins with the false prophet just prior to Christ return

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are ignoring the two verses found below, which were written in the past tense during the first century.

2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud_1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Even though the earth's iron core is at the center of the earth, it still has a measurable influence on every compass at the surface of the planet.

A person does not need to have a demon inside of them in order for evil to destroy their lives.
If you want to see the influence of Satan, turn on your television.

Hell in this text is a unique word only found in this passage which is Tartarus. This place is a greek word connected to the mythology of the Titans being bound in a deep abyss of Hades which happens to bare a resemblance to what Peter is describing.

I believe Peter is using it here because the word was quickly understood as the worst place possible but I have doubts what Peter is describing bears any resemblance to this myth. The insite we gain from this I think is actually very little as the overlap into greek mythology should be understood as a type of contextualization attempt from Peter and the takeaway is simply that there are Angles that are condemned and kept at bay until judgment.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Amils will tell us he was bound a thousand years as o

This obviously means that the beginning of the thousand years can't occur until the 42 month reign of the beast has first ran it's course,

Do you think this has anything to do with Zechariah 12:3 It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it?

Upvote 0

Jhubb

Jan 3, 2018
Marietta
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

1----cast out into the earth

2----cast him into the bottomless pit

3----was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone

Number 3 above is obviously yet to happen. As far as this thread then, number 3 is unimportant since no one would dispute that he is yet to be cast into the lake of fire.

The focus of this thread will then mainly be on 1 and 2 above.

Revelation 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Some conclude he was cast out 2000 years ago, as of the cross, or at least as of Christ's ascension back into heaven. Others conclude him getting cast out is yet to occur. Regardless which view might be right, all should agree that once he is cast into the earth, he then begins fulfilling Revelation 12:13-17 at that time.

If we next examine 2 above, we learn some of the following.

Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

This says---And I saw an angel come down from heaven---And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up

Let's think this through for a minute. What should this be telling us? The fact an angel comes down from heaven in order to bind satan, this tells us satan is obviously not in heaven anymore accusing the brethren before God, but is literally physically on the earth. That has to mean that he gets bound while he is on the earth, and that his binding takes place after he has been cast into the earth according to Revelation 12.

Amils will tell us he was bound a thousand years as of the cross, or at least sometime close after that event. Many, or maybe even all Amils, will also tell us satan was cast to the earth during this same time, as of the cross, or at least sometime close after that event. If that is supposed to be correct, the obvious conclusion would be, satan getting cast into the earth is really meaning satan getting cast into the bottomless pit. Yet, if one looks at all the things satan does once he is cast into the earth, and then assuming this occurred 2000 years ago, how can anyone then read Revelation 12:13-17 and the things he does once he is cast into the earth, and then conclude a bound satan in the pit can be doing all of these things? Instead, Revelation 12:13-17 clearly depicts an unbound satan, and not a bound satan in the pit.

Revelation 12:17 says this---And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed

Revelation 13:7 says this---And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them

Revelation 13:14 says this----And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast

Revelation 20:3 says this---that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled

Obviously those being deceived per Revelation 13:14 are meaning nations, or at least have something to do with nations. This tells us that Revelation 13:14 can't take place while satan is bound in the pit.

Revelation 20:4 says this---and I saw the souls of them----and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

This verse places the time of Revelation 13:14 prior to satan's release following the finishing of the thousand years. This obviously means that the beginning of the thousand years can't occur until the 42 month reign of the beast has first ran it's course, which
Revelation 13:14 is clearly connected with.

Amils of course are going to disagree with most of the OP, yet I'm betting none of them actually debunk what I submitted here in the OP. To debunk it requires them going through all of my arguments and showing how each is incorrect, and then providing the correct conclusions instead. Unless any of them can do that, they haven't debunked anything. Only in their minds if they think they have.

Hi, I really appreciate your insight on this! :)
I wanted to quickly ask one kind heart to another a favor, seeing that all of these are to come but in fact the most fundamental have not yet, which I strongly believe. Well I will elaborate, I have had experienced with God, Satin, Jesus, and the holy spirit in which unfortunately, I am at an all time low, even commiting sins in the presence, even right now with the use of drugs..however this being the point i want to get at exactly..Because the majority of us our bond to sin, in ways that we've becomes so deceived that most of us may not even believe in God what so ever, its an unfortunate thing, but none the less we are this because of Satins on going battle against God..clearly he can not win with no chance obviously..ive even asked Satin, why do you continue to go down the path of horror that you cannot come out of in the long run..to my reply i think was/is screw you..obviously I'm a fool and yes am attacked daily for my stubbornnss of wanting what everyone wants in a bad situation, for everyone to come out okay with all differences worked out. I have weighed out how badly he will be punished for these things and have pleaded in ways of offering him with God in my presence of course to even take on some type of obstacle that he may face in the best way I can..which i would love to say to prove my cause I swam accross the sea facing sea facing reality he has stripped down to torture but no I walk on railroad tracks with a packed bag that turned into somewhat of a small hell, but like I said I do know God personally so I guess you could imagine what I was trying to face and get at. I am proud of what I am trying to spread but doing just that, I have been attacked, there is but a small feeling of gratitude i feel for doing this. So now that I have shared my experience in trying to help the most wicked of all, it is indeed so hard to forgive what has been done to you over a period of time when your fully aware with your eyes being opened to exactly how bad he has made it on us, I just look the way Jesus gave me to look and that is the deepest reason it would be done to find forgivness. I'm sorry to go off on these tangents but feel it is important to express how would feel trying to help the enemy when you see how much the enemy hurts and continues to hurt you because obviously there is no solution to this war..On to my point, I'm sure you've guessed it, please spread to others to commit kind acts towards the sins he has done on the name of God. I guess my hope is that enough people do these types of things while staying faithful, maybe a war could be won and all these foul things that are going to come about and continue to come about can be out to an end. I hope my lack of loyalty to not sinning does not stop this from happening.
Thank you so much for listening!

By the way, my last kind act I donated to his cause was that of giving a homeless guy a cup of change and 5 dollars. Every bit helps. God bless you, friend.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your calendar has a major malfunction , The battle in heaven in Revelation 12 has not yet happened

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

The calendar is determined by the text above.

Based on Psalm 2 the "man child" who will rule with the rod of iron is Christ.

He was caught up unto God and his throne almost 2,000 years ago.

Therefore, the beginning of chapter 12 is a history lesson.

We find the "time of the judgment of the dead" in Revelation 11:18, which proves the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order.
You were shown this fact during 2017.
We are now in 2018.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You misunderstand , If we talk about something that will happened in 2020 that does not mean today is 2020 , it simply means that in 2018 something that will happened in 2020 is being spoken of... chapter 12 makes reference to things that will happen in the future -such as the war in heaven , satan being cast to earth, when that happens satan is not permitted in the courtroom of God to accuse the Christians of sin, as of right now this very minute satan does have and is permitted in the courtroom of God . In verse 12

2 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Refers to a time in the future when satan is thrown down , the rejoicing is because satan will no longer be able to accuse the brethren of sins in Gods courtroom , and the woe to the inhabitants of earth is when satan gains control pf earthly government through the great delusion God has sent to inhabitants of earth for rejecting Christ

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

We find the "time of the judgment of the dead" in Revelation 11:18, which proves the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order.
We are now in 2018.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

1----cast out into the earth

2----cast him into the bottomless pit

3----was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone

Number 3 above is obviously yet to happen. As far as this thread then, number 3 is unimportant since no one would dispute that he is yet to be cast into the lake of fire.

The focus of this thread will then mainly be on 1 and 2 above.

Revelation 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Some conclude he was cast out 2000 years ago, as of the cross, or at least as of Christ's ascension back into heaven. Others conclude him getting cast out is yet to occur. Regardless which view might be right, all should agree that once he is cast into the earth, he then begins fulfilling Revelation 12:13-17 at that time.

If we next examine 2 above, we learn some of the following.

Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

This says---And I saw an angel come down from heaven---And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up

Let's think this through for a minute. What should this be telling us? The fact an angel comes down from heaven in order to bind satan, this tells us satan is obviously not in heaven anymore accusing the brethren before God, but is literally physically on the earth. That has to mean that he gets bound while he is on the earth, and that his binding takes place after he has been cast into the earth according to Revelation 12.

Amils will tell us he was bound a thousand years as of the cross, or at least sometime close after that event. Many, or maybe even all Amils, will also tell us satan was cast to the earth during this same time, as of the cross, or at least sometime close after that event. If that is supposed to be correct, the obvious conclusion would be, satan getting cast into the earth is really meaning satan getting cast into the bottomless pit. Yet, if one looks at all the things satan does once he is cast into the earth, and then assuming this occurred 2000 years ago, how can anyone then read Revelation 12:13-17 and the things he does once he is cast into the earth, and then conclude a bound satan in the pit can be doing all of these things? Instead, Revelation 12:13-17 clearly depicts an unbound satan, and not a bound satan in the pit.

Revelation 12:17 says this---And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed

Revelation 13:7 says this---And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them

Revelation 13:14 says this----And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast

Revelation 20:3 says this---that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled

Obviously those being deceived per Revelation 13:14 are meaning nations, or at least have something to do with nations. This tells us that Revelation 13:14 can't take place while satan is bound in the pit.

Revelation 20:4 says this---and I saw the souls of them----and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

This verse places the time of Revelation 13:14 prior to satan's release following the finishing of the thousand years. This obviously means that the beginning of the thousand years can't occur until the 42 month reign of the beast has first ran it's course, which
Revelation 13:14 is clearly connected with.

Amils of course are going to disagree with most of the OP, yet I'm betting none of them actually debunk what I submitted here in the OP. To debunk it requires them going through all of my arguments and showing how each is incorrect, and then providing the correct conclusions instead. Unless any of them can do that, they haven't debunked anything. Only in their minds if they think they have.
The mind of man or the mind of Christ? The two see\perceive differently. One by the five senses\hearing of the ear. The other single of eye...blinded by the son that they see heaven is within and not an over here or over there observation.

John 16:33...in the world you will have tribulation...
Romans 12:12 rejoice and be patient in tribulation...
1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you...

Adam was kicked out/fell from somewhere and suddenly his eyesight changed, finding himself afraid (at the sound of God's voice as something outside of himself for the first time) and ashamed at finding himself naked.

Truth high and lifted up becomes an open door to heaven no man can shut. The flip side of the same coin, truth cast down becomes miry clay/bottomless pit with serpents that bite. Perception being everything as it relates to the questions God asked "where art thou?, Who told you...? and Hast thou eaten...?

The journey of our soul takes us back to the beginning where God declared all creation as good then rested. Where you see from is where you believe yourself to be. To see the spirit as something separate from self as opposed to the truth told in scripture we be the temple/dwelling place of God is to not yet be free indeed...for the truth that He is one spirit (inclusive of all) that sets our soul free.

To be bound in chains...is to not see the son (we have always been) for it is the son who sets free and he who has seen the son has seen the father....though no man has ever seen Him. Which all comes back to the duality within and by which (mind) is perceiving.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your calendar has a major malfunction

For some strange reason you have attempted to ignore the fact that Revelation chapter 12 comes after the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18.

Once again, we see that the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order.

The Book of Revelation is not a sequential calendar, with a timeline that only goes in one direction.

It is a series of overlapping visions.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For some strange reason you have attempted to ignore the fact that Revelation chapter 12 comes after the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18.

Once again, we see that the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order.

The Book of Revelation is not a sequential calendar, with a timeline that only goes in one direction.

It is a series of overlapping visions.

Once again you have been shown the facts by many people and just refuse to accept those facts , so you will continue in your belief the scripture says things it does not say

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We are now in 2018.

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

According to this text, the beast doesn't even wage war on anyone until after the 2W have finished their testimony.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

According to this text war is not waged against the saints until after satan is cast into the earth.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

According to this text it is during the 42 month reign of the beast Revelation 12:17 is referring to. Do you then think this 42 month reign of the beast began 2000 years ago and is still ongoing today? Wouldn't that have to be the case if satan was cast into the earth 2000 years ago? And if this 42 month reign began 2000 years ago and is still ongoing, that would have this 42 months paralleling the thousand years, the fact you are Amil and place the beginning of the thousand years 2000 years ago..The 42 month reign of the beast couldn't possibly occur while satan is bound in the pit. Don't you think some rethinking on your part might be in order, so that you at least get all of these events lining up?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't you think some rethinking on your part might be in order, so that you at least get all of these events lining up?

Not at all.

The chapter divisions come from men, and were not in the original text.

The beginning of chapter 12 is a history lesson.

However, Revelation 12:11 lies in the future.

As I have said over and over the book is not in chronological order.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you think this has anything to do with Zechariah 12:3 It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it?
The world (nations of the earth) is enmity to God...HIS kingdom is not of this world which has everything to do with our perception for Jesus said heaven is within you.

He is the cornerstone and the capstone...a stone of stumbling (into a pit with serpents that bite) or a costly (losing your your own soul) cornerstone that he who believes in it will not be disturbed...

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok some of this is and can only work with "specultation". When this fall happen.. no one knows. It seems if we read had already happen for him to temp Eve. And God asking him "where ya been?" "to and fro"..on the earth. Some angels are in chains.. the ones .. from what I read the ones that will not obey Him. And the Lord through our brother Paul tells us our war is not with man but "against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." <--more then one. The same Gab fought where he had to call on Michael to come help. Dan 10.

We can't look at this through the eyes of man and try to understand it. Fact.. it will not help our walk what so ever knowing any more then what HE already told us. See in the Fathers realm so to speak there is no time and space. You really think one has to be standing next to GOD to speak to be heard? No time no space. We are FREE from sin.. it holds us no more.

May I please share on helping others. If no one gets into heaven unless they KNOW Jesus Christ as lord.. how are WE helping them? Giving and walking away? They ate better sleep better.. we leave feel better yet.. they still dont get in the door. We think we get some reward for this? It HELPS dont get silly here lol.. but.. where are they going when they die?

As for Satan.. yeah. What can I do or say that my Yeshua didnt already do? And... lets not forget..everything GoD gave made him and every angel ..yeah they still have. Those that fell still have all of that.. just no authority over the believer. My point? Even Gab could only say to Satan over the body of Moshe (moses) the lord rebuke you. Just putting that out there. JESUS JESUS JESUS.. keep your eyes there

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I had a funny thought reading this:

How much of the Devil would I have to see, hear or think about: to lose my faith?

Revelation's answer is that it is every moment I see, hear or think about the Devil - having faith, I am not rewarded with faith: until I am in Heaven.

-

In other words, it is not that some one is subject to the Devil or not, but where they direct their efforts to go (ie., to ultimately be in Heaven - where resistance to the Devil is rewarded)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a funny thought reading this:

How much of the Devil would I have to see, hear or think about: to lose my faith?

Revelation's answer is that it is every moment I see, hear or think about the Devil - having faith, I am not rewarded with faith: until I am in Heaven.

-

In other words, it is not that some one is subject to the Devil or not, but where they direct their efforts to go (ie., to ultimately be in Heaven - where resistance to the Devil is rewarded)

But if the devil is currently bound in the pit as some believe, what is the point in resisting a bound devil? Why would one need to do that if he is already bound?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But if the devil is currently bound in the pit as some believe, what is the point in resisting a bound devil? Why would one need to do that if he is already bound?

Go out and find a mean dog who is bound to a tree with a long chain.

That animal controls a certain amount of territory that surrounds the tree.

You can decide how close you should get to the animal.

In the case of Satan you should stay as far away from him as possible.

However, Satan will continue to have an influence in the territory that he controls until the time that Christ returns. If you want to see that territory, turn on your television set.

Paul continued his ministry during the time he was bound in chains.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Go out and find a mean dog who is bound to a tree with a long chain.

That animal controls a certain amount of territory that surrounds the tree.

You can decide how close you should get to the animal.

In the case of Satan you should stay as far away from him as possible.

However, Satan will continue to have an influence in the territory that he controls until the time that Christ returns. If you want to see that territory, turn on your television set.

Paul continued his ministry during the time he was bound in chains.

To me, resisting a devil that is allegedly bound in the pit, would be like needing to resist the devil once he is cast into the lake of fire. IOW it makes no sense. No one needs to resist the devil while he is in the lake of fire, and no one needs to resist the devil while he is bound in the pit either. But one needs to resist a devil that is loose and on the prowl though. At least that makes good sense.

BTW, the dog tied to the tree is one of the lamest analogies that Amils have come up with. I have heard this same analogy in the past from other Amils on other boards. It's lame and doesn't match how satan is depicted in Reveltion 20 while he is bound. Such as---And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him

A dog tied to a tree in it's yard hardly depicts an animal down in a deep pit instead, where it is shut up in the pit, as in solitary confinement. That animal couldn't possibly bother anyone unless that person was down in the pit with them. But even then that animal might not be able to harm one down in the pit with them, the fact a chain is involved as well, where the sense seems to be that the chain restricts any movement at all.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That animal couldn't possibly bother anyone unless that person was down in the pit with them.

Have you ever seen Satan walking around inside your house?

Have you ever committed a sin in your house?

Satan is a spirit being who cannot be bound with a steel chain in the same way that a dog can be chained to a tree or locked up in a hole in the ground.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever seen Satan walking around inside your house?

Have you ever committed a sin in your house?

Satan is a spirit being who cannot be bound with a steel chain in the same way that a dog can be chained to a tree or locked up in a hole in the ground.

None of that matters though. If one is going to use an analogy, the analogy has to match with what it is being compared with. Comparing someone cast into a deep pit, and shut up in it, with that of a dog tied to a tree in it's yard, that simply doesn't work. Nothing even remotely similar between the two.

If Amils are going to use an analogy to try and explain this, then use one that fits with what is depicted in Revelation 20:1-3. An analogy involving being bound with a chain, then cast into a deep pit, then shut up in the deep pit.

Upvote 0