3,000 ISIS members surrender - another US aided victory for Trump

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Assad (with Putin's help) defeated ISIS and Al Qaeda and the other terrorists groups that tried to overthrow the democratically elected government in Syria.

The US (and other western nations) supported and supplied the terrorists to try to overthrow Assad. This is because the US and west want a pipeline to go through Syria to Turkey, whereas Russia and Iran want a pipeline to go through Syria to Russia. That's what this is all about.

Assad decided to sell the oil to Russia and not to the west. That's why the US lies about Assad and tries to justify overthrowing him. The problem is that the US couldn't pull it off this time, not even with a couple attempts at smearing Assad with lies about him "killing his own people". What utter nonsense.

America should be shamed for lying and for outright supporting ISIS and Al Qaeda, but as we all (should) know, the US worships oil, not God. So it's no surprise.

But ask any Christian in Syria and they'll tell you what is really going down there and that Assad is the true leader of Syria and that Assad protects Christians from ISIS, Al Qaeda, Al Nusra front (same as Al Qaeda), and the many terrorists that the US and other western nations funded, trained, and supported (not to mention Turkey who acted as terrorists against Armenian villages in Syria during this civil unrest).

It's embarrassing to me as an American that my country is so stupid and greedy and evil at times, as America has been towards Syria the entire time.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That was propaganda generated by ISIS.

The media was stupid to fall for it.
Dont be stupid and ignore the stories of the victims and the data supporting it.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dont be stupid and ignore the stories of the victims and the data supporting it.
It was propaganda. And the media bought it just as ISIS knew they would. The media running with the story put political pressure on the politicians to take action. And once they did they fed the narrative back to the media. And the narrative went around in a circle.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It was propaganda. And the media bought it just as ISIS knew they would. The media running with the story put political pressure on the politicians to take action. And once they did they fed the narrative back to the media. And the narrative went around in a circle.
You can't keep repeating it in the face of documented fact.
Prove it didn't happen instead of parroting the world propaganda.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You can't keep repeating it in the face of documented fact.
Prove it didn't happen instead of parroting the world propaganda.
The media ignored the Syrian Christians who consistently said Assad wasn't bad and that he was protecting them from ISIS. You're going to believe who you want to believe. But I believe what the Syrian Christians have been saying about it. I believe the reason the media ignored the Syrian Christian witnesses is because the media is biased against Christianity. But the Christians were sounding the alarm about ISIS before ISIS became a major news topic in the media.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If a chemical attack ever did happen in Syria, it was most likely a false flag op by ISIS and the so-called "rebels" since they are terrorists who would would not think twice before doing this in order to get the United States to attack President Assad. He isn't stupid, or he wouldn't have been able to last like he did in fighting a war against ISIS. Assad had no motive to use chemicals since he already had ISIS and the "rebels" almost defeated, and he knew that if he were to use chemicals it would provoke action against him by the United States. ISIS knew that, too. And since they were desperate they had a motive to do this. So they are likely the ones who did it if it happened, using their drones.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I made a thread back then echoing Rand Paul's opinion that it was a big mistake.

Here's the link to that thread:
Rand Paul: Trump's Syria strike will not 'make us safer'

I, too agree with Rand Paul -- but not for the reasons you do.

Unlike you, Paul believed that Assad did indeed gas his own people, and while he condemned the atrocity, he dismissed it as purely a Syrian atrocity, which did not require US involvement.

(Apparently, Donald felt the same way... until Ivanka begged "daddy" to intervene -- you know Donald just can't resist being called "daddy.") Ivanka Trump influenced my father to launch Syria strikes, reveals brother Eric

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There was a pattern: Every time ISIS was nearly defeated. Suddenly there'd be a news story accusing Assad of using chemical weapons. This was followed by a U.S. knee-jerk reaction of giving added help to the rebels, and ISIS would suddenly (no surprise) rebound and get stronger.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I, too agree with Rand Paul -- but not for the reasons you do.

Unlike you, Paul believed that Assad did indeed gas his own people, and while he condemned the atrocity, he dismissed it as purely a Syrian atrocity, which did not require US involvement.

(Apparently, Donald felt the same way... until Ivanka begged "daddy" to intervene -- you know Donald just can't resist being called "daddy.") Ivanka Trump influenced my father to launch Syria strikes, reveals brother Eric
You're wrong about Rand Paul's position. He doubted the chemical weapons narrative.

SEN. RAND PAUL, (R), KENTUCKY: I think before you talk about sanctions we ought to talk about what evidence was there that Russia was complicit in this attack. In fact, for that matter, I still look at the attack and say Assad must be the dumbest dictator on the planet or maybe he didn't do it. I have yet to see evidence he did do it. The agency claims they have that evidence, but think about it, he's been winning the war for the last couple years. The only thing that would galvanize the war to Assad directly is a chemical attack. It killed relatively few people compared to what could be killed with traditional bombs, traditional machine guns, traditional tanks, so you wonder what made them use chemical weapons. So before we get to Russia, we have to determine that Syria was implicated and then we have to determine the connection between Russia and Syria. (Source)​

And a lot of the "rebels" weren't from Syria. So even if Assad would have used chemical weapons, which I don't think he did, it would not have been "against his own people."

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You're wrong about Rand Paul's position. He doubted the chemical weapons narrative.

SEN. RAND PAUL, (R), KENTUCKY: I think before you talk about sanctions we ought to talk about what evidence was there that Russia was complicit in this attack. In fact, for that matter, I still look at the attack and say Assad must be the dumbest dictator on the planet or maybe he didn't do it. I have yet to see evidence he did do it. The agency claims they have that evidence, but think about it, he's been winning the war for the last couple years. The only thing that would galvanize the war to Assad directly is a chemical attack. It killed relatively few people compared to what could be killed with traditional bombs, traditional machine guns, traditional tanks, so you wonder what made them use chemical weapons. So before we get to Russia, we have to determine that Syria was implicated and then we have to determine the connection between Russia and Syria. (Source)​

And a lot of the "rebels" weren't from Syria. So even if Assad would have used chemical weapons, which I don't think he did, it would not have been "against his own people."

Ah, well that wasn't in the article that was linked:

"While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked," Paul said. "The president needs congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution, and I call on him to come to Congress for a proper debate."

"Our prior interventions in this region have done nothing to make us safer and Syria will be no different," Paul said.

If he subsequently jumped onto the "false flag" bandwagon, that's another story... which would raise the interesting question of where ISIS got their hands on chemical weapons...

...or is part of the story now that there never were any chemical weapons in the first place?

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Assad (with Putin's help) defeated ISIS and Al Qaeda and the other terrorists groups that tried to overthrow the democratically elected government in Syria.

The US (and other western nations) supported and supplied the terrorists to try to overthrow Assad. This is because the US and west want a pipeline to go through Syria to Turkey, whereas Russia and Iran want a pipeline to go through Syria to Russia. That's what this is all about.

Assad decided to sell the oil to Russia and not to the west. That's why the US lies about Assad and tries to justify overthrowing him. The problem is that the US couldn't pull it off this time, not even with a couple attempts at smearing Assad with lies about him "killing his own people". What utter nonsense.

America should be shamed for lying and for outright supporting ISIS and Al Qaeda, but as we all (should) know, the US worships oil, not God. So it's no surprise.

But ask any Christian in Syria and they'll tell you what is really going down there and that Assad is the true leader of Syria and that Assad protects Christians from ISIS, Al Qaeda, Al Nusra front (same as Al Qaeda), and the many terrorists that the US and other western nations funded, trained, and supported (not to mention Turkey who acted as terrorists against Armenian villages in Syria during this civil unrest).

It's embarrassing to me as an American that my country is so stupid and greedy and evil at times, as America has been towards Syria the entire time.

Syrian people in my parish told me Assad is a murderer as was his father. There was no other option for Syrian Christians although many joined the initial protests in the “Arab Spring” debacle and some disappeared as a result.

Isolationism & nationalism are dirty words today because, I believe, because internationalists & human traffickers say so. These principles do not say humanitarian aid should not be provided to those in need.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Syrian people in my parish told me Assad is a murderer as was his father. There was no other option for Syrian Christians although many joined the initial protests in the “Arab Spring” debacle and some disappeared as a result.

Isolationism & nationalism are dirty words today because, I believe, because internationalists & human traffickers say so. These principles do not say humanitarian aid should not be provided to those in need.
Well I don't know a single Syrian person who says that about Assad and about 1/4 of my parish are from Syria and most of us are descendants of people from Syria and most of us - I'd say 80% or more - have family in Syria still. I know my family in Syria and from Syria directly all support Assad and say he has been a staunch supporter of Christians throughout Syria.

The other thing that they all tell me is that ISIS and Al Qaeda are the "rebels" and are made up mostly people from other countries like Pakistan, Saudi, Yemen, etc. and they are NOT Syrians rebelling. Assad has his hands full with these terrorists and the US and western countries are supporting the terrorists.

Not to mention that the US backed Turkey, the perpetrators of the Armenian Genocide, including during this conflict when Turkey tried to reignite the Armenian Genocide.

Al-Qaeda Groups From Turkey Attack Kessab | The Armenian Observer

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I made a thread back then echoing Rand Paul's opinion that it was a big mistake.

Here's the link to that thread:
Rand Paul: Trump's Syria strike will not 'make us safer'
Yup, and in post #18 you posted a map showing the pipeline routes and countries in competition.

After 9/11 we could have just gone after Bin Laden but it was too perfect a cover and timing not to engage in Iraq. It was always about oil. Saddam had used chemical weapons on the Kurds back in 1988 and 1991. He was sanctioned and had to agree to UN inspections for years to come.
Attacking Iraq had nothing to do with chemical weapons or 9/11.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well I don't know a single Syrian person who says that about Assad and about 1/4 of my parish are from Syria and most of us are descendants of people from Syria and most of us - I'd say 80% or more - have family in Syria still. I know my family in Syria and from Syria directly all support Assad and say he has been a staunch supporter of Christians throughout Syria.

The other thing that they all tell me is that ISIS and Al Qaeda are the "rebels" and are made up mostly people from other countries like Pakistan, Saudi, Yemen, etc. and they are NOT Syrians rebelling. Assad has his hands full with these terrorists and the US and western countries are supporting the terrorists.

Not to mention that the US backed Turkey, the perpetrators of the Armenian Genocide, including during this conflict when Turkey tried to reignite the Armenian Genocide.

Al-Qaeda Groups From Turkey Attack Kessab | The Armenian Observer

Well there must be various opinions among Syrians. The people I spoke to agree with your assessment of the mercenaries.

Upvote 0