LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And that's what makes him a hero worthy of your support.
Yes, I think fighting against Satan's army of darkness and protecting the innocent makes someone a hero.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I think fighting against Satan's army of darkness and protecting the innocent makes someone a hero.
Maybe some Christian leader like Franklin Graham should go to Damascus and present him with a Bible signed by the POTUS. Or we could sell him more weapons to keep up the good work.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

And because he's a hero fighting against Satan and his army of darkness, the gas attacks must be a false flag, right?

...because those who fight on the side of the saints and angels could not possibly behave like anything but one of them.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And because he's a hero fighting against Satan and his army of darkness, the gas attacks must be a false flag, right?
With any crime the first thing a good detective looks for is a motive. Assad would have to be stupid to have used chemical weapons when he almost had ISIS defeated without them and when all it would do is get the U.S. up their efforts against him. He's not stupid.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
With any crime the first thing a good detective looks for is a motive. Assad would have to be stupid to have used chemical weapons when he almost had ISIS defeated without them and when all it would do is get the U.S. up their efforts against him. He's not stupid.

I see... nobody would ever do anything that stupid...

(SPOILER: this world is full of people ready to prove that statement wrong.)

Besides, since when is it a "crime" to fight Satan's army of darkness with everything you've got?

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I see... nobody would ever do anything that stupid...
There are stupid people in the world. But Assad isn't one of them.
Besides, since when is it a "crime" to fight Satan's army of darkness with everything you've got?
He was falsely accused of using chemical weapons against "his own people." That's what I was referring to. So my point is if a crime is alleged then a good detective would look for a motive, and Assad had no motive for doing what he's accused of doing. But the reality is he was fighting against ISIS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There are stupid people in the world. But Assad isn't one of them.

Because he protects Christians? Or because you like him?

He was falsely accused of using chemical weapons against "his own people." That's what I was referring to.

So my point is if a crime is alleged then a good detective would look for a motive, and Assad had no motive for doing what he's accused of doing. But the reality is he was fighting against ISIS.

Seems like fighting against ISIS is his motive.

WMDs are pretty nasty when it comes to collateral damage... which is why using them is generally unwise when your enemy likes to hide among the civilian population.

Of course, this assume one is not willing to sacrifice a few civilians in order to kill Satan's army of darkness. Assad may very well be such a person. Why aren't you?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Seems like fighting against ISIS is his motive.

WMDs are pretty nasty when it comes to collateral damage... which is why using them is generally unwise when your enemy likes to hide among the civilian population.

Of course, this assume one is not willing to sacrifice a few civilians in order to kill Satan's army of darkness. Assad may very well be such a person. Why aren't you?
Assad had ISIS close to defeated without using WMD.

The accusation of WMD did not spring up before that point.

So Assad had no motive to use WMD, especially when it would provoke the U.S. against him.

ISIS had the motive to create a hoax to get the U.S. to fight for them since they were losing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: football5680
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Assad had ISIS close to defeated without using WMD.

Assuming that's true, Assad wouldn't be the first performer to go for the big finish.

Besides, anyone who actually knows a thing or two about military strategy knows that an "almost defeated" enemy is the most desperate... and therefore the most dangerous.

Assad may have been of the opinion that terrorists, like cockroaches, need to be exterminated utterly, lest they spring up again. And when you want to exterminate cockroaches, you reach for the bug spray... the civilians are justifiable collateral damage.

The accusation of WMD did not spring up before that point.

He wasn't accused of using WMDs until he was accused of using WMDs? There's a clever defense.

When George W. Invaded Iraq, allegedly because Saddam had WMDs, and came up goose eggs in that department, the story from that administration was that the WMDs had been moved.

Do you remember where they were allegedly moved to? I do.

So Assad had no motive to use WMD, especially when it would provoke the U.S. against him.

Wrong on two levels -- as I've illustrated, Assad had a motive, and as you've illustrated, it hasn't motivated anyone against him... Assad still fights on the side of God, no matter what he is accused of doing.

ISIS had the motive to create a hoax to get the U.S. to fight for them since they were losing.

And ISIS staged a good enough hoax to fool Ivanka Trump, who found it easy enough to flutter her eyes at daddy to get him to order an airstrike... is that the story you're going with?

On the plus side, the airstrike in question was pretty ineffective... to be expected when you warn your enemies about it in advance.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Besides, anyone who actually knows a thing or two about military strategy knows that an "almost defeated" enemy is the most desperate... and therefore the most dangerous.
I think that this is LWU’S point, “so desperate that using chemical weapons on their own people, ISIS hoodwinked the world into believing that Assad done the deed!”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think that this is LWU’S point, “so desperate that using chemical weapons on their own people, ISIS hoodwinked the world into believing that Assad done the deed!”
Not everyone was hoodwinked. Rand Paul, for example, wasn't. And neither was I.

The people who accepted the narrative without thinking about it got hoodwinked.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Okay, you and the other elites were not fooled, gotcha,

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't consider it "elite" when one simply thinks about something.
When you include yourself in “the few” that were not deceived, you’ve “elited” yourself, whether you realize it or not.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Including Donald... but then again, he was always a sucker for a pretty face...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums