Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's an increasing disconnection from reality in different spheres of life. But especially in mating. I hear things that disturb me. The quest for perfection is ever growing and the majority have never encountered it personally. It's the result of an image, video, or figment of their imagination.

We're going to have a lot of lonely people growing old without anyone. They're squandering their time and they'll regret it later on.

I'll be one of those people. I wanted to fall in love the right way (in my world). Starting off as friends, growing into something more, sharing a first kiss at the alter and so on. This will never happen, and it was hard for me to accept but being in my 30s, I simply have come to terms with it. Some moments are hard but for the most part, I have accepted a life alone. I am fine with it, but it was never what I wanted and since what I want is likely non-existent and I would rather not settle, I will spare my own heartbreak and that of another by remaining single. Being an ace left me dateless my adult life thus far and though I can compromise, I feel I'm too long gone.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I am also seeing a lot of memes posted by women how they were victims of a narcassitic husband or boyfriend

Most often, I've seen countless men complain about online dating, that the countless non-responses, and if there are responses, it's met with flaking when approaching the meeting in person part, should it or if it would ever happen. But it's more fatigue for them. They complain that some women are on these sites more for the attention and validation as opposed to actually meeting in person.

Are we talking about Christian websites or secular sites like Tinder?

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I'll be one of those people. I wanted to fall in love the right way (in my world). Starting off as friends, growing into something more, sharing a first kiss at the alter and so on. This will never happen, and it was hard for me to accept but being in my 30s, I simply have come to terms with it. Some moments are hard but for the most part, I have accepted a life alone. I am fine with it, but it was never what I wanted and since what I want is likely non-existent and I would rather not settle, I will spare my own heartbreak and that of another by remaining single. Being an ace left me dateless my adult life thus far and though I can compromise, I feel I'm too long gone.

Yeah, in the context of her post she was talking about women. I don't believe there is any excuse for a woman to end up alone, and if they do its because they have astronomical standards and keep checking guys out. This means they are not really serious and will regret squandering their time later. We on the other hand at least will have no such regrets.

Reactions: Sir Robbins
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, in the context of her post she was talking about women. I don't believe there is any excuse for a woman to end up alone, and if they do its because they have astronomical standards and keep checking guys out. This means they are not really serious and will regret squandering their time later. We on the other hand at least will have no such regrets.

Right, and I find it's usually typically divorced women over 40 that has opted out of dating altogether, or have those high standards.

There's this one woman, that has vowed not ever to be with a man again. She's only been married once, but she is content on spending time with her daughter, and if not her daughter her gal pals.

Even her female friends say, "Come ooon, you can never say never!" and of course the guys try to talk her out of it because they want to date her lol

I think even Christian women have started falling to this same category, even though I find it rather uncharacteristic of a Christian to not want to marry and have families.

EDIT: I think this is why a good friend of mine went the way of marrying a foreign woman, they are more traditional and marriage minded. American women seem to have an axe to grind and have become less feminine.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I sure don't understand. There are so many single women and men. Seems all but one that I know are single. Maybe there is too much pre judging going on? At least that is what I am seeing.

• Agree
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am 29 & never dated. I have always wanted GF but fail every time. Does anyone have any advice or can well offer insight? It hurts. Today I feel like crying.

Thx
Well hurry up you only have 70 more years:)

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You know the story of people who want a child so bad. It is constantly on their mind and their talk. And finally they stop stressing over it and guess what? She gets pregnant.

No matter how bad I want a child (which I dont), I cant create one without a woman.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
We could always propose banning dating apps and/or social media, but I don't know how unlikely/realistic that is.

A EMP-nuclear bomb would do the trick. It would have to be detonated in the higher atmosphere, send out an EMP, fries out all electronics and brings us back to the stone age.

I will be the first one to say that I don't mind being celibate in the age of streaming. Just today I travelled to Australia on my VR headset watching 360 videos. All these luxuries would be gone if an EMP happened. I work from home using the internet and all my banking & credit card management is by the internet. So, I'm not going to complain about life right now because I don't have a gf as the lack of one is not enough for me to have a death wish about the internet.

Yet, there are prophecies that exactly something like that will happen. Jim Baker is one proponent of that belief. They feel that China or Russia might do such an attack. Then you don't have to worry about dating apps or social media or anything internet related.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A EMP-nuclear bomb would do the trick. It would have to be detonated in the higher atmosphere, send out an EMP, fries out all electronics and brings us back to the stone age.

I will be the first one to say that I don't mind being celibate in the age of streaming. Just today I travelled to Australia on my VR headset watching 360 videos. All these luxuries would be gone if an EMP happened. I work from home using the internet and all my banking & credit card management is by the internet. So, I'm not going to complain about life right now because I don't have a gf as the lack of one is not enough for me to have a death wish about the internet.

Yet, there are prophecies that exactly something like that will happen. Jim Baker is one proponent of that belief. They feel that China or Russia might do such an attack. Then you don't have to worry about dating apps or social media or anything internet related.
I would still need to worry about the more basic survival needs though. One thing I find interesting, if they think the only thing they need is to see God and nothing else, why do they tell us to prepare for things like a nuclear/EMP attack?

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So I’ve been doing good lately. For whatever reason, summer’s easier. I’ve been thinking about girls again today tho. I wonder if God has one for me & when I will be able to meet her. Will it be too stressful for me?

A few years ago I watched ‘Before The Kiss.’ It’s a documentary about a family that practices very strict courtship, where the parents really vet the guy before they even let their daughter meet him. They encourage holy relationships. I admired it. I had emailed them saying I admired it. They live in the same city as me & I let them know it was encouraging to me that there’s God-fearing people in the world still, including my own backyard. Unfortunately the relationship focused on in the documentary didn’t work out. I wonder how the family is doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I think that Jim Baker report is supposed to be on tonight on abc?

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So I’ve been doing good lately. For whatever reason, summer’s easier.

Summer is a great season for outdoor activity. I've been reading up some stories in another board where a guy visited my city, had some Asian girl throw herself on him and took him to the city island and Niagara falls and they had sex together. This like one of the times I regret ever reading anything from these secular boards as the account left somewhat of a bad taste in my system and had me feeling sick. Just today I saw another lady get a phone number of another guy, co-worker, while I was checking out in line. It seems like things happen with a timing that's designed to make me feel bad about myself (ie how some guys have it so easy to make connections with women while I feel hopeless).

At least you are not having as nasty of a time as I have, lol!

DragonFox92 said:
I’ve been thinking about girls again today tho. I wonder if God has one for me & when I will be able to meet her. Will it be too stressful for me?

If God really has a girl for you then it won't be stressful. God had the type of partner that you should be able to be yourself without worrying about whether she likes you or not on any little issue or quirk. That's when someone is "Godsent'.

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Summer is a great season for outdoor activity. I've been reading up some stories in another board where a guy visited my city, had some Asian girl throw herself on him and took him to the city island and Niagara falls and they had sex together. This like one of the times I regret ever reading anything from these secular boards as the account left somewhat of a bad taste in my system and had me feeling sick. Just today I saw another lady get a phone number of another guy, co-worker, while I was checking out in line. It seems like things happen with a timing that's designed to make me feel bad about myself (ie how some guys have it so easy to make connections with women while I feel hopeless).

At least you are not having as nasty of a time as I have, lol!

If God really has a girl for you then it won't be stressful. God had the type of partner that you should be able to be yourself without worrying about whether she likes you or not on any little issue or quirk. That's when someone is "Godsent'.
I'm definitely able to get outside in the summer & do more stuff outside so yeah, I think that's one of the reasons! Keeps me occuppied.

Yeah, you always see other guys get it so easy :(

Secular boards are terrible

• Agree
Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No shame in it. I was 25 when I had my first kiss and my first official relationship. (Could have done those things earlier, but I was too awkward and reserved.) The world would try to tell me that this is way too late and that I should be embarrassed, but they're wrong. When is nowhere near as important as who. Finding the right person at 40 is far, far better than finding a wrong person at 20.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.