Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Gabbard is far too liberal for most Republicans.

Not really.

Listen to her interviews with Joe Rogan.

The Democrats threw her under the bus when she stated that she opposed late term abortions.

Also, as a Veteran who served in Iraq, she learned how fooled the American people were about the wars in the Middle East. She opposes regime change wars as we were engaged in.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Haley also may not have wanted to be attached to what she thought were going to be losing campaigns in 2012 and 2016.

Trump has the perception of a fighter but he strikes me as all hot air and little action. Calling people names and acting like a radio talk show host isn't the same as fighting. He achieved precious little while President. Nearly all of his accomplishments will be wiped away by the stroke of Biden's pen.

If Trump was all hot air and little action, then there wouldn't have been people who chose not to vote for him in 2016 who changed their minds in 2020. The blowing hot air was what made people cringe, but the fighting he did was what made people hold their noses while voting for him. He greatly exceeded my admittedly low expectations by the amount of fighting he did all while being hamstrung the whole time.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Trump was all hot air and little action, then there wouldn't have been people who chose not to vote for him in 2016 who changed their minds in 2020. The blowing hot air was what made people cringe, but the fighting he did was what made people hold their noses while voting for him. He greatly exceeded my admittedly low expectations by the amount of fighting he did all while being hamstrung the whole time.

Sure, when you've got 155 million people voting some are going to have changed and voted for him. But by coming in second in the popular vote by double the percentage he did in 2016, it shows the shift from him to the other party was much greater.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Sure, when you've got 155 million people voting some are going to have changed and voted for him. But by coming in second in the popular vote by double the percentage he did in 2016, it shows the shift from him to the other party was much greater.

That had a lot more to do with the media than to do with what he did.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not really.

Listen to her interviews with Joe Rogan.

The Democrats threw her under the bus when she stated that she opposed late term abortions.

Also, as a Veteran who served in Iraq, she learned how fooled the American people were about the wars in the Middle East. She opposes regime change wars as we were engaged in.
She favors single payer healthcare, abortion, tax increases and she's a Hindu. The fact is that one of the reasons Romney lost was because some evangelicals didn't want to vote for a cultist. I hardly see evangelical Christians flocking to a liberal Hindu.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
She favors single payer healthcare, abortion, tax increases and she's a Hindu. The fact is that one of the reasons Romney lost was because some evangelicals didn't want to vote for a cultist. I hardly see evangelical Christians flocking to a liberal Hindu.

Good, we need single payer healthcare and she believes that there must be restrictions on abortion, especially after viability. Tax increases ? She believes we need a balanced budget. Being a Hindu isn't a problem for me, nor should it be for any American.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Good, we need single payer healthcare and she believes that there must be restrictions on abortion, especially after viability. Tax increases ? She believes we need a balanced budget. Being a Hindu isn't a problem for me, nor should it be for any American.
Who would her base be in a Republican Party that opposes single payer, abortion and tax increases? Her false religion is absolutely an issue, no Christian should vote for someone who isn't a Christian. (which for the record is one of my issues with Trump)

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
He achieved precious little while President. Nearly all of his accomplishments will be wiped away by the stroke of Biden's pen.

That has more to do with the limitations of the office of the Presidency than Trump himself. You can only do so much with an uncooperative Congress.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Republican party should die if they go back to the Jeb! element of the party. I would prefer actual conservatives/populists rather than slow democrats.

I say Trump should run again, if he's feeling up to it and Biden inevitably wrecks things. He should especially try again if Kamala is president and put high odds on that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What exactly did he fight for and win?

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That has more to do with the limitations of the office of the Presidency than Trump himself. You can only do so much with an uncooperative Congress.
That's just it though, he got next to nothing accomplished when he had a cooperative Congress. Worse, he made zero attempt to get along with the Democrats such that when they took the House his Presidency was essentially over. Obama made the same error, blustering that he won in 2009 and didn't have to listen to Republicans. Then they took back the House and nothing got accomplished because he failed to build relationships with any Republicans.

The last President to have successfully built relationships with the other party was Bush 43, who famously won over Teddy Kennedy over on his bad education bill. Before that Clinton wisely read the tea leaves after the 1994 election and worked with Congressional Republicans.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Who would her base be in a Republican Party that opposes single payer, abortion and tax increases? Her false religion is absolutely an issue, no Christian should vote for someone who isn't a Christian. (which for the record is one of my issues with Trump)

Today as more and more people have lost their jobs and now have no health insurance?

In four years they'll be crying for a single payer healthcare system.

The "for profit" system we have now is destroying healthcare.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's just it though, he got next to nothing accomplished when he had a cooperative Congress. Worse, he made zero attempt to get along with the Democrats such that when they took the House his Presidency was essentially over. Obama made the same error, blustering that he won in 2009 and didn't have to listen to Republicans. Then they took back the House and nothing got accomplished because he failed to build relationships with any Republicans.

The last President to have successfully built relationships with the other party was Bush 43, who famously won over Teddy Kennedy over on his bad education bill. Before that Clinton wisely read the tea leaves after the 1994 election and worked with Congressional Republicans.

In both cases, Obama and Trump, they didn't have any political clout with Congress.

The same happened when Jimmy Carter became president.

Because Obama was new to Congress and Trump was never a politician, they couldn't get the members of Congress to get what they wanted. Even Obama went to Pelosi in his first two years in order to stop her from spending on issues which had nothing to do with fixing the economy. He failed to influence her and she and the radical left put things in place that moved the nation further from the center. In fact, they're partly responsible for the radical right that we saw this past week.

Trump angered everyone and had little to offer those in politics. It's why he failed.

Biden, being a politician in Congress for 47 years, is owed lots of favors from members of Congress. Hopefully he'll request what is needed, rather than cater to the radical left.

However, I don't place much hope in him as he was part of the problem this nation has had for the past 50 years.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That's just it though, he got next to nothing accomplished when he had a cooperative Congress.

He never had a cooperative Congress.

Redwingfan9 said:
Worse, he made zero attempt to get along with the Democrats such that when they took the House his Presidency was essentially over.

Because such an attempt would have been futile. The Dems never wanted to get along with him. So he did what he could do mostly with executive power. The 2018 midterms really changed nothing in this regard...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Today as more and more people have lost their jobs and now have no health insurance?

In four years they'll be crying for a single payer healthcare system.

The "for profit" system we have now is destroying healthcare.
Obamacare is what is destroying healthcare. That and state intrusion. If there is one thing to be learned from the pandemic it's that government is completely incompetent at managing anything. It is their regulations that cause decreased capacity in hospitals. Those fools can't even get a vaccine distributed in a timely fashion, as millions of doses sit on the shelf, some ending up expired due to government incompetence at all levels. If you want single payer, you're looking at Britian which is a complete disaster.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Obamacare is what is destroying healthcare. That and state intrusion. If there is one thing to be learned from the pandemic it's that government is completely incompetent at managing anything. It is their regulations that cause decreased capacity in hospitals. Those fools can't even get a vaccine distributed in a timely fashion, as millions of doses sit on the shelf, some ending up expired due to government incompetence at all levels. If you want single payer, you're looking at Britian which is a complete disaster.

No Obamacare did not destroy healthcare for states that welcomed it. I was on Romneycare which became Obamacare when I lost my job and health insurance. It saved my life as I got colon cancer which was only discovered when I went for my physical, because I had affordable health insurance.

If not for Romneycare/Obamacare, I probably wouldn't be posting this

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No Obamacare did not destroy healthcare for states that welcomed it. I was on Romneycare which became Obamacare when I lost my job and health insurance. It saved my life as I got colon cancer which was only discovered when I went for my physical, because I had affordable health insurance.

If not for Romneycare/Obamacare, I probably wouldn't be posting this
There have always been cheap policies available that cover catastrophic injuries and diseases such as cancer. Obamacare took those policies away, the government not declares what must go into an insurance policy down to every last detail. It's a classic piece of fascism.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He never had a cooperative Congress.

Because such an attempt would have been futile. The Dems never wanted to get along with him. So he did what he could do mostly with executive power. The 2018 midterms really changed nothing in this regard...

2016 Republicans controlled the House 241-194 and had 52 Senators. If the congress was not cooperative, then that says something I guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0