Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Interesting... why do you prefer a Monarchy? Do you believe a Monarchy is the best form of government when it comes to insuring individual's God given Rights are protected and defended?
How so? Can you point to any examples from History that show this to be true?

In contrast, I believe the American experiment of Self Governance has demonstrated to be far and away the best alternative to any other form ever used.
It is the truest reflection of the ideals that we are all created equals in the image of God, with certain unalienable rights bestowed to us by Him, and that the American experiment of self governance has proven, historically, to be the best option that preserves, protects and defends those rights.
We have replaced the law of force, that all other forms of government rely on to "govern" their citizens, with the force of law.

We have chosen to settle our disputes (well, between the end of the civil war and Jan 6, 2021 we did anyway) on the debate floor instead of the battlefield.

We've decided that Might does not make right, and that the meek should have the same voice as the powerful, and the powerful should not get their way simply because they have bigger guns.
I understand that you are against this particular paradigm of self governance and the abandonment of violence to solve internal disputes, I just don't understand why you would be.
Republican government has been an abysmal failure. Once people figured out they could vote to legally take other people's money it ceased to be what Jefferson and company hoped it would be. Worse, every single Christian nation that adopted republican government has falled from the Christian faith. The absolute worst comes out in people when they put their trust in government and "the people" which is what republican government devolves into.

As for monarchy, a godly Christian King is a blessing.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Republican government has been an abysmal failure. Once people figured out they could vote to legally take other people's money it ceased to be what Jefferson and company hoped it would be. Worse, every single Christian nation that adopted republican government has falled from the Christian faith. The absolute worst comes out in people when they put their trust in government and "the people" which is what republican government devolves into.

As for monarchy, a godly Christian King is a blessing.

The irony that you and I would not presently have the opportunity to discuss our differences about this issue, in this manner, if it weren’t for the proliferation of liberal democracies in real history, is not lost on me.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The irony that you and I would not presently have the opportunity to discuss our differences about this issue, in this manner, if it weren’t for the proliferation of liberal democracies in real history, is not lost on me.
Free speech largely existed in England well before the creation of the United States. The 18th century King George's were all lampooned in newspapers and magazines in England. Here in the US free speech was under attack almost immediately. The Alien and Sedition Act, signed by President Adams, effectively banned speech against the Federal government. That law was repealed by Congress once Jefferson and his party took over. The concept of expansive free speech didn't really take hold until the 60s when inappropriate contentography was declared speech and vulgarity laws were struck down on 1st amendment grounds. Never mind such laws had existed for nearly 200 years at that point.

Incidentally Trump's speech last week is likely protected free speech based on Brandenburg v Ohio 395 US 444; 89 S. Ct. 1827; 23 L.Ed.2d 30 (1969). That case ruled that inflammatory speech was protected even if it advocated violence unless violent action was imminent. Trump's speech was sufficiently vague to be protected under Brandenburg.

Upvote 0