2018 outpouring, are you feeling it? I am!

Are you feeling an outpouring of the Holy Spirit?

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Not yet..... but I am looking forward to it. I know it is coming.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I do not believe that anything like Acts 2 will happen again until Jesus is here.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
is there anything in scripture where the Holy Spirit manifested itself where people were convulsing, barking like dogs, and screaming and hollering?

the only thing close to it is legion who was possessed by demons.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've experienced many things over the years. One thing that helped me get through it alive was to examine the fruit following a spirit outpouring. If the fruit of the Holy Spirit does not follow in the lives of the impacted, and people are showing up just to get another "fix" Sunday after Sunday, this is just the planting of the seed .. and I would urge caution and much prayer.

If the people impacted become more Holy Spirit fruit bearing when they leave the area of effect in the church building, then maybe you have something there.

If it is found to be just a "church area of effect" event, this is something to be discerning about instead of celebrating. You know, since God is everywhere.

• Winner
Reactions: Dorothy Mae
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
is there anything in scripture where the Holy Spirit manifested itself where people were convulsing, barking like dogs, and screaming and hollering?

the only thing close to it is legion who was possessed by demons.

You got it...... .maybe we Christians are allowing more discarnate entities into our lives than we would wish to imagine????!

But another important parallel is when the priests in the temple could not remain standing due to the presence of G-d there in the temple.

1Kings 8:10

When the priests came out of the Holy Place, a thick cloud filled the Temple of the LORD.
The priests could not continue their service because of the cloud, for the glorious presence of the LORD filled the Temple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Back in 1988 I would have probably agreed with that theory but these days I think otherwise...........
So what insight did you learn in a firetunnel that you can bless us with? When Jesus is involved, the real Jesus, people walk away with insight, not just a “high.” A high comes from other than Jesus encounters.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've experienced many things over the years. One thing that helped me get through it alive was to examine the fruit following a spirit outpouring. If the fruit of the Holy Spirit does not follow in the lives of the impacted, and people are showing up just to get another "fix" Sunday after Sunday, this is just the planting of the seed .. and I would urge caution and much prayer.

If the people impacted become more Holy Spirit fruit bearing when they leave the area of effect in the church building, then maybe you have something there.

If it is found to be just a "church area of effect" event, this is something to be discerning about instead of celebrating. You know, since God is everywhere.
A former pastor of the “Toronto blessing “ movement said it wreaked his church. They had aweful back biting and unholy behavior after and had seen more of the Holy Spirit before these activities.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
A former pastor of the “Toronto blessing “ movement said it wreaked his church. They had aweful back biting and unholy behavior after and had seen more of the Holy Spirit before these activities.
I am familiar with the Toronto Blessing.

I have had to "perfect" or "mature" what I experienced there and other places with "the same thing" to not go "berserk."

The pattern that follows is that some wave flows through the air and makes everyone feel accepted and relaxed, and loved. However, the weakness with this type of "love" is that it provides zero support when the inner sins get dislodged and start going berserk. There's some element in the way it is done that stimulates libido as well, this might be what is causing the issues.

I'd suggest to anyone partaking of something like this to be ready to "discern sins" as they bubble up from the bottom of the soul below where thoughts are translated into human languages. When you discern a sin, even if you haven't done it yet, confess it, it seems to work according to the scriptural pattern described in 1 John 1:9.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am familiar with the Toronto Blessing.

I have had to "perfect" or "mature" what I experienced there and other places with "the same thing" to not go "berserk."

The pattern that follows is that some wave flows through the air and makes everyone feel accepted and relaxed, and loved. However, the weakness with this type of "love" is that it provides zero support when the inner sins get dislodged and start going berserk. There's some element in the way it is done that stimulates libido as well, this might be what is causing the issues.

I'd suggest to anyone partaking of something like this to be ready to "discern sins" as they bubble up from the bottom of the soul below where thoughts are translated into human languages. When you discern a sin, even if you haven't done it yet, confess it, it seems to work according to the scriptural pattern described in 1 John 1:9.
Thank you for this detailed description. Very enlightening!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So what insight did you learn in a firetunnel that you can bless us with? When Jesus is involved, the real Jesus, people walk away with insight, not just a “high.” A high comes from other than Jesus encounters.

In the days and weeks after the fire tunnel I came to view my own sins of pride..... lukewarmness......... and my general lack of fear of G-d....... and the remnants of anger against various officials in the two denominations that I was part of from 1973 - 1991 as being a far, far, far, far more serious problem than I had realized before..

Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brothertheir trespasses."

Basically I had a surge in CONVICTION of the types of sins that we often tend to not view as being so serious...... but they really are.....

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the days and weeks after the fire tunnel I came to view my own sins of pride..... lukewarmness......... and my general lack of fear of G-d....... and the remnants of anger against various officials in the two denominations that I was part of from 1973 - 1991 as being a far, far, far, far more serious problem than I had realized before..

Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brothertheir trespasses."

Basically I had a surge in CONVICTION of the types of sins that we often tend to not view as being so serious...... but they really are.....
Thank you for your honesty in sharing this.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thank you for your honesty in sharing this.

This deeper level of CONVICTION is growing.... and I found that over these past four months I have listened and listened and listened to audio messages like the following...... over and over again...... and I am avoiding Netflix almost completely.......... For me this is a pretty serious shift in my behaviour......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My wife has prayed for quite a few people and they were healed.......
I being one of them......
somehow she was actually told to fast and pray for me for 35 days.... and she did it......

Back in the year 2000 ..... for four weeks she fasted for three days / week.... and then seven days in a row for the fifth week......
Messiah Yeshua - Jesus woke her up early and got her to pray for me and I was 3000 miles north north east of her receiving Deliverance......

I usually tell people how gifted my wife is and encourage them to get her to pray for them..... I figure that is in line with.......

Proverbs 27:2

Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
A stranger, and not your own lips.
That is all well and admirable but I asked how many you have prayed for. (I do appreciate the praise for your wife.)

• Useful
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
News to me...I don't even know what that is!!

Laying on graves of people believed to have an "anointing" in the hope of absorbing it. It reminds me a bit of the early Christian practice of building altars and places of worship over the bones of martyrs, or the story of Polycarp's martyrdom, where the faithful attempted to touch his body.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Laying on graves of people believed to have an "anointing" in the hope of absorbing it. It reminds me a bit of the early Christian practice of building altars and places of worship over the bones of martyrs, or the story of Polycarp's martyrdom, where the faithful attempted to touch his body.

Not sure that is the same thing...I have never seen Orthodox laying on graves trying to absorb anything. We practice reverence of Saints and their relics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That is all well and admirable but I asked how many you have prayed for. (I do appreciate the praise for your wife.)

I am cowardly.......
I pray for people only in private......
What began last year has not yet led to me praying for people face to face as I have seen others doing......

I do ask myself if I am supposed to become much, much, much more like Mr. Todd White?????

My wife got a prophecy that I would work for Messiah Yeshua - Jesus on the internet.... and that has been pretty much the only door that I go through.....

Reactions: Dorothy Mae
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am cowardly.......
I pray for people only in private......
What began last year has not yet led to me praying for people face to face as I have seen others doing......

I do ask myself if I am supposed to become much, much, much more like Mr. Todd White?????

My wife got a prophecy that I would work for Messiah Yeshua - Jesus on the internet.... and that has been pretty much the only door that I go through.....
Sounds good except for the Todd White part. Nothing against Todd White, mind you, but become much, much, much more like Jesus. He has made us all different and when we walk in obedience to Him, we find we are unique and yet a blessing to many and are blessed by many things.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
DennisTate,
Beware of those who repeat (over and over) that they love Jesus. Those who really do don’t boast of it to others.

And in the end Jesus, not us, will judge if he felt loved. The standard is obeying Him, not telling the world how much we feel, at the moment, loving him in words. IOW, Jesus is not impressed with telling a lot of people how much we love him.

• Informative
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sounds good except for the Todd White part. Nothing against Todd White, mind you, but become much, much, much more like Jesus. He has made us all different and when we walk in obedience to Him, we find we are unique and yet a blessing to many and are blessed by many things.

I just found another exceptionally inspiring audio book that is available for free. I listened to it several times over these past few weeks.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Know! You need to judge every person favorably, even someone who is completely wicked, you need to search and find any little bit of good. By finding in him a little good and judging him favorably you actually bring him over to the side of merit and you can return him in teshuva" (Rabbi Nachman of Breslov, LM 282)

Matthew 5:44
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"
The problem with the first paragraph is the Jesus, who loved truth, did no such thing. ANd the Bible actually says "woe to him who calls wicked "good." The wicked love nothing better than their wickedness to be ignored and others to praice them. I do not find Jesus doing this. Jesus said the Kingdom of God would be taken away from Judiasm. It seems to be the case in this Rabbi's advise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0