Nov 12, 2010
✟1,348.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
So it's worse than I originally thought. He estimated how much was spent to kill a Taliban. That makes it more of joke.

Only if you know nothing of logical thought. Estimations can be critiqued, certainly, but they are valid tools.

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

If people thinking you are racist does not surprise you, you might want to reconsider several things.

And yet you admitted that he made assumptions when you said he estimated the figures. The article,a s it turns out, is a joke. Just like I said

You added an additional assumption that the author never made. You inserted a falsehood into the author's argument to attack the author.

In short, you lied.

I get that you do not like the author's position, but you cannot falsely attribute assumptions to an author that he or she does not state. The author makes some estimations about funding, but nowhere does the author state that their estimations are the total dollars spend in Afghanistan.

You added this to the author's comments.

If you want to adhere to Christian principles and act ethically, you are certainly free to critique everything the author says, but to add something that the author did NOT say, and then critique it, is simple dishonesty.

You may not care, but it is still wrong.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only if you know nothing of logical thought. Estimations can be critiqued, certainly, but they are valid tools.
Valid when the actual information is unknown? I don't think so
If people thinking you are racist does not surprise you, you might want to reconsider several things.
Yes, I could reconsider my associations, or I could forgive them
You added an additional assumption that the author never made. You inserted a falsehood into the author's argument to attack the author.
I recall making no such additional assumptions. All the assumptions were on teh part of the author
I get that you do not like the author's position, but you cannot falsely attribute assumptions to an author that he or she does not state. The author makes some estimations about funding, but nowhere does the author state that their estimations are the total dollars spend in Afghanistan.
You admitted that the author was making assumptions, aka estimations.

If you want to adhere to Christian principles and act ethically, you are certainly free to critique everything the author says, but to add something that the author did NOT say, and then critique it, is simple dishonesty.

You may not care, but it is still wrong.[/quote]I added nothing and I gave a valid critique when I said the article is a joke, which it is.

Upvote 0

IbrahimFahim

Nov 12, 2010
✟1,348.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Valid when the actual information is unknown? I don't think so

Have you ever studied history? Estimations are an indispensable tool in analysis.

Yes, I could reconsider my associations, or I could forgive them

You might want to seek forgiveness before being so magnanimous as to offer it. The beam in your own eye might be more of an impediment than you think.

I recall making no such additional assumptions. All the assumptions were on teh part of the author

Where did the author say, with a direct quote of the author, that the numbers that the author used were the sum total of all funding spent on the Afghanistan campaign?

You admitted that the author was making assumptions, aka estimations.

Yes.

You may not care, but it is still wrong.

You really don't understand argumentative analysis do you? I "added this to the author's comments". I take it back, I do not think you are lying, I do not think you really understand what is going on.

You're a Poe, aren't you?

I added nothing and I gave a valid critique when I said the article is a joke, which it is.

Then you can provide the quote from the author I asked for above?

Why are you doing this? Republicans can make themselves look bad without this exaggerated example of absurdity. If you are doing it for kicks, you might want to get help. If you are doing it to make Republicans look bad, someone will inevitably find out, and it will backfire. Either way, you might want to stop.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where did the author say, with a direct quote of the author, that the numbers that the author used were the sum total of all funding spent on the Afghanistan campaign?
It's simple math. If he says the direct cost of the war in 2010 was $100Billion and we killed 2000 Taliban, you need only divide 100,000,000,000 by 2,000 and you get, oops, 50,000,000 per Taliban killed. Is that weird or what? No, it's not weird, it's a joke

Upvote 0

IbrahimFahim

Nov 12, 2010
✟1,348.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
It's simple math. If he says the direct cost of the war in 2010 was $100Billion and we killed 2000 Taliban, you need only divide 100,000,000,000 by 2,000 and you get, oops, 50,000,000 per Taliban killed. Is that weird or what? No, it's not weird, it's a joke

You have been asked to provide a direct quote. Do you know what that is? You need to take the article, and provide a quote, from the article, that says what you are claiming, without your editorial input.

Can you answer the Poe question?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have been asked to provide a direct quote. Do you know what that is? You need to take the article, and provide a quote, from the article, that says what you are claiming, without your editorial input.

Can you answer the Poe question?
It's tough to find out that reality has such a conservative bias. That simple math blew your whole argument out of the water

Upvote 0