“Herd Immunity.” The flawed science and failures of mass vaccination.

When it comes to vaccines I am....

• ...pro-vaccine.

• ...anti-vaccine.

• ..unsure of what I feel.

Results are only viewable after voting.

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no legitamate reason for the government to tell these people they must get kids vaccinated.

If you don't consider a deadly infectious disease outbreak a legitimate reason, then no. However, most sane people consider this a great concern. :doh:

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My dad also cannot be vaccinated as I said in another. I know his feelings on this, he would not allow his particular malady to effect another. The whole were rights apply and dont apply is kind of shot.for.this kind of thing. I have the right to drive a car if you decide to step into traffic my right will definetly intefear with your right to live, so should we quit driving or should people refrain from stepping into traffic. Sorry about your dad but he needs.to curtail his life not infringe on the lives of others. One can not be for freedom and against it at the same time.

"curtail his life?" Are you joking? Oh man...I just...I can't even begin to respond to something so irrational.

My dad is a relatively healthy guy. Why should his normal life be affected by someone's unwillingness to actually educate themselves about how vaccinations are helping our kids?

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"curtail his life?" Are you joking? Oh man...I just...I can't even begin to respond to something so irrational.

My dad is a relatively healthy guy. Why should his normal life be affected by someone's unwillingness to actually educate themselves about how vaccinations are helping our kids?

Because that is their right. But lets face in an average day most people do not run across other people who are not vaccinated, let alone ill with one of the preventable diseases we vaccinate for. For you to think because of a few people other people should be forced to do somthing they don't want to do, that is lunacy. But that is where amerika is going I guess.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no legitamate reason for the government to tell these people they must get kids vaccinated. They are forced to lie by scum who think other people should be made to do what pleases them. This country would be a whole lot better if folks would mind their kwn business, if somebody doesn't want their children vaccinated the fact that you in all your glory disagree means nothing. I had my kids vaccinated does this mean I should check on my neighbor and worry if they didn't make the same decision as me, NO, that would be wrong as it is none of my business. Should I telly neighbor what car to drive, what he should have for dinner, how many hours he should watch t.v. per week. These decisions might effect me in some way. This kind of attitude can go nowhere good.

You should be concerned if many people in your community aren't vaccinated. Vaccines not only protect the people that get them, but also the people who don't or can't (due to medical reasons). We often forget it wasn't so long ago that massive numbers of people would die of illnesses like the flu, and technically still could. For vaccines to effectively stop the spread of a disease in a population, enough people have to be vaccinated so that the chances of an unvaccinated person is unlikely to come into contact with someone who is sick, catch the illness, and spread it to others.

Worse is when it starts to infect animals, which often aren't vaccinated. Yes, humans can infect animals with their illnesses, it isn't a one way deal. But when animals become infected, the illness is more likely to mutate into something more dangerous.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because that is their right. But lets face in an average day most people do not run across other people who are not vaccinated, let alone ill with one of the preventable diseases we vaccinate for. For you to think because of a few people other people should be forced to do somthing they don't want to do, that is lunacy. But that is where amerika is going I guess.

Lots of illnesses are on the rise because of that mentality.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You should be concerned if many people in your community aren't vaccinated. Vaccines not only protect the people that get them, but also the people who don't or can't (due to medical reasons). We often forget it wasn't so long ago that massive numbers of people would die of illnesses like the flu, and technically still could. For vaccines to effectively stop the spread of a disease in a population, enough people have to be vaccinated so that the chances of an unvaccinated person is unlikely to come into contact with someone who is sick, catch the illness, and spread it to others.

Worse is when it starts to infect animals, which often aren't vaccinated. Yes, humans can infect animals with their illnesses, it isn't a one way deal. But when animals become infected, the illness is more likely to mutate into something more dangerous.

It is a wonder the human race made it to the 1790s.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The human life span was a lot shorter.

Thats actually questionable if you figure for infant mortality it may well have been longer, of course there were huge regional differences. But in any case it is unlikely that vaccinations had a major impact on lifespan overall, they may have allowed some chikdren to make it to adulthood but did not improve other medical care. At any rate its no excuse to infringe on peoples rights.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thats actually questionable if you figure for infant mortality it may well have been longer, of course there were huge regional differences. But in any case it is unlikely that vaccinations had a major impact on lifespan overall, they may have allowed some chikdren to make it to adulthood but did not improve other medical care. At any rate its no excuse to infringe on peoples rights.

No, if you count it without infant mortality, if you back to the 1700s being age 60 would be like being age 80 or 90 today, and was usually only enjoyed by people decently well off.

When people statistically measure average life span, many will exclude those below a certain age so that they don't make the average life span seem lower.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

No, it's not their right.

There's four kids in the school that my dad's grandkids attend who are not vaccinated against chicken pox. One of them recently contracted chicken pox, and so my mom had to deal with yet ANOTHER shingles episode (she's also the librarian). Another kid gets whooping cough repeatedly, and that's when my dad can't go near the school. So he loses out on spending time with his grandkids because these people don't understand the harm they're posing.

You will never convince me that not vaccinating our children is a good solution. We're already seeing the fruits of the anti-vac movement, and it's UGLY. But hey, what's a few kids and adults dying in the name of "rights"...

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How dare the government require buildings to meet fire codes. It is every man's right to build a firetrap that can kill everyone inside it and also torch his neighbors building too!

Oh and ever worse are rules about sewage!

You jest, yet how ridiculous have building codes become, and you are correct with how much worse sewage is, and the unfairness of it all.

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is a wonder the human race made it to the 1790s.
Actually a great deal of the human race died from infectious diseases. It was common for children not to make it to age 10. Actually it still is in some parts of the world.

Of those that did make it...they were often crippled, scarred and disabled from infectious diseases we now vaccinate against.

Most people on this forum are probably not old enough to be part of the polio scare.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Actually a great deal of the human race died from infectious diseases. It was common for children not to make it to age 10. Actually it still is in some parts of the world.

Of those that did make it...they were often crippled, scarred and disabled from infectious diseases we now vaccinate against.

Yeah, but RIGHTS!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Most people on this forum are probably not old enough to be part of the polio scare.

Heck it was common in in the U.S. in the past to not name a child for a couple of years. Giving a babe a name made the pain worse when they dies early.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes and that mentality pertains to freedom, not others imposing their will on people.

Is there a freedom to endanger the health of other people when your own health or well being isn't harmed by making the effort not to do so?

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, it's not their right.

There's four kids in the school that my dad's grandkids attend who are not vaccinated against chicken pox. One of them recently contracted chicken pox, and so my mom had to deal with yet ANOTHER shingles episode (she's also the librarian). Another kid gets whooping cough repeatedly, and that's when my dad can't go near the school. So he loses out on spending time with his grandkids because these people don't understand the harm they're posing.

You will never convince me that not vaccinating our children is a good solution. We're already seeing the fruits of the anti-vac movement, and it's UGLY. But hey, what's a few kids and adults dying in the name of "rights"...
Wow that is terrible! I feel sorry for your Father.

Why were those kids not vaccinated? I know a friend of mine that has an egg allergy so he can't vaccinated for a virus incubated in eggs. He wishes he could because he feels vulnerable.

He has a legitimate reason. On the other had; I think religious exemption should be stricken and not available for public school entry.

Upvote 0