“Herd Immunity.” The flawed science and failures of mass vaccination.

When it comes to vaccines I am....

• ...pro-vaccine.

• ...anti-vaccine.

• ..unsure of what I feel.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
UN: Spread Of Polio Is A World Health Emergency

Out of sight, out of mind. As long as it's someone else's child, in someone else's country, we don't think it can touch us. Arrogance and a lapse in vigilance will bring major trouble back to the U.S.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
UN: Spread Of Polio Is A World Health Emergency

Out of sight, out of mind. As long as it's someone else's child, in someone else's country, we don't think it can touch us. Arrogance and a lapse in vigilance will bring major trouble back to the U.S.

Only expect this to get worse. I was the very tail end of kids who grew up knowing someone who was crippled from polio. Generally speaking polio deniers are younger than me. Those who have seen the damage in real life don't forget.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
They claim some great natural immunity if you catch a disease naturally and they do it in the context of chickenpox!

Hello!!!

Do they even know what Shingles is? It seems they do but are so brain dead that they DO NOT realize it is caused by the same virus as chickenpox and that it is a major health risk for adults who had chickenpox as children.
No kidding. The topic has come up a couple of times with friends over the years, and I'm always shocked that some people say "Oh, I'm immune because my family caught it." Why would anyone wait for their kids to get it? You can get the shot when you're 1 year old. Shingles is horrid.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I think it's worth emphasising the point that a vaccination program was used as part of a cover to get at Bin Laden while he was hiding out in Pakistan.

That was an utterly despicable move, and I'm not surprised it's caused the drop in take-up of vaccinations.

Upvote 0