“Herd Immunity.” The flawed science and failures of mass vaccination.

When it comes to vaccines I am....

• ...pro-vaccine.

• ...anti-vaccine.

• ..unsure of what I feel.

Results are only viewable after voting.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure that getting ill from a shot was even back then a one in a million thing, and has surely dropped further. It's way more dangerous to drive to the vaccination than to get the vaccination.

But getting sick immediately after a flu shot is actually rather common.

Vaccines are not magic, they take time to become effective. If you were already infected with anything at the time of the vaccination the odds are very good you will get sick.

If you get sick once every 3 years we can round that to one illness per 1000 days. And if people count the next 5 days as right after that is then a 1 in 200 shot.

More than enough for tons of anecdotal reports.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I get sick after EVERY flu shot. I still get the flu shot, because what I get after I get the shock is NOTHING compared to the flu I got when I DIDN'T get the shot.

Two years in a row I chose to not get the flu vac. Two years in a row I got horribly sick with the flu. I was out of work for a week the first year and hospitalized the second year. Now if I don't get vaccinated for it, I'm at more of a risk to get it, and I'm weakened against any mutant strain.

I understand concern over vaccinations. I get it. But they are WORKING. The reason these diseases are nearly eradicated is BECAUSE of vaccinations.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I get sick after EVERY flu shot. I still get the flu shot, because what I get after I get the shock is NOTHING compared to the flu I got when I DIDN'T get the shot.

Two years in a row I chose to not get the flu vac. Two years in a row I got horribly sick with the flu. I was out of work for a week the first year and hospitalized the second year. Now if I don't get vaccinated for it, I'm at more of a risk to get it, and I'm weakened against any mutant strain.

I understand concern over vaccinations. I get it. But they are WORKING. The reason these diseases are nearly eradicated is BECAUSE of vaccinations.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟310,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My father has multiple myeloma and the treatments killed all of his immunity naturally aquired and otherwise, except interestingly enough anthrax, docs tell him not to worry no serious threats in U.S. not even Amish.

Most likely because there is a large number of people vacinated now so that even groups like the Amish are protected. Though as people are not vacinating their kids that is changing.

Upvote 0

leftrightleftrightleft

Jul 14, 2009
Canada
✟22,986.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Of all the major anti-science groups out there, anti-vaxxers are the worst.

Climate change relies (partially) on predicting the future, which is understandably hard.
Evolution relies (partially) on re-constructing the past, which is also understandably hard.

Vaccinations' effects can be seen right now. People are contracting measles in my home province (Alberta) right now. Kids are dying right now. A healthy, 24-year old woman in Edmonton died this year from a vaccine-preventable disease.

Anti-vaxxers...SHUT UP AND VACCINATE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN.

Please.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟310,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Good for you. I use to get sick the next day after the flu shoot, but I haven't for a decade.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Last year I had flu was coincidentally the last year I had flu shot. Hmmm.

Oh, well since it's claimed that vaccines are 100% effective and add on this airtight anecdote, everyone should stop taking vaccines!

not.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Not at all but maybe think before hand and not look down at the finr folks who decide not to take them.

Not only will I look down on you "finr" folks, I will outright mock you, ridicule you, and shame you for not getting you and your ankle biters vaccinated. It is one of THE most irresponsible things a person/parent can do today.

Now, everyone point and laugh at this guy.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do know thats not normally done, unless there is some compelling reason, its not the norm.

It's the norm, but most adults are terrible at getting regular physicals. When the main reason you see doctors is when you are sick the need for boosters isn't always checked into. Perhaps it's an insurance issue as well. Some HMO's aren't particularly interested in paying for things patients don't ask for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's the norm, but most adults are terrible at getting regular physicals. When the main reason you see doctors is when you are sick the need for boosters isn't always checked into. Perhaps it's an insurance issue as well. Some HMO's aren't particularly interested in paying for things patients don't ask for.

I use the VA where money is no issue, I have had them checked once and thats because my wife who was not vaccinated got a false positive for hep b.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not at all but maybe think before hand and not look down at the finr folks who decide not to take them.

I look down on the fake science that people fall for.
I'm not impressed by the self righteous blathering of anti vax folks among what we call the "crunchy moms" in my area. I do judge people who lie about the reasons they don't get their kids vaccinated so they won't have to comply with school requirements for example claiming "religious" exemptions when most have no such religious beliefs; getting doctors to write letters exempting kids from the vaccines for health reasons when there's no valid reason for such an exemption.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I look down on the fake science that people fall for.
I'm not impressed by the self righteous blathering of anti vax folks among what we call the "crunchy moms" in my area. I do judge people who lie about the reasons they don't get their kids vaccinated so they won't have to comply with school requirements for example claiming "religious" exemptions when most have no such religious beliefs; getting doctors to write letters exempting kids from the vaccines for health reasons when there's no valid reason for such an exemption.

There is no legitamate reason for the government to tell these people they must get kids vaccinated. They are forced to lie by scum who think other people should be made to do what pleases them. This country would be a whole lot better if folks would mind their kwn business, if somebody doesn't want their children vaccinated the fact that you in all your glory disagree means nothing. I had my kids vaccinated does this mean I should check on my neighbor and worry if they didn't make the same decision as me, NO, that would be wrong as it is none of my business. Should I telly neighbor what car to drive, what he should have for dinner, how many hours he should watch t.v. per week. These decisions might effect me in some way. This kind of attitude can go nowhere good.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

These fine folks can affect others who actually CAN'T get vaccinated, like my dad.

Remember, your rights stop where they start impeding on mine. People not vaccinating their children put my dad at risk as well as their own children.

That's just stupid.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
These fine folks can affect others who actually CAN'T get vaccinated, like my dad.

Remember, your rights stop where they start impeding on mine. People not vaccinating their children put my dad at risk as well as their own children.

That's just stupid.

My dad also cannot be vaccinated as I said in another. I know his feelings on this, he would not allow his particular malady to effect another. The whole were rights apply and dont apply is kind of shot.for.this kind of thing. I have the right to drive a car if you decide to step into traffic my right will definetly intefear with your right to live, so should we quit driving or should people refrain from stepping into traffic. Sorry about your dad but he needs.to curtail his life not infringe on the lives of others. One can not be for freedom and against it at the same time.

Upvote 0