✟15,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey yall!!

I'm a new face around here and I took some time to go through this section of the forum and all the topics really interest me. It's crazy how many opinions you can come across on this internet thing ahaha

Through reading some of the other thread posts, I came to the memory of a book that I recently read and I constantly go back to it whenever necessary and I really think all believers need to give this one a read!

You're Not Enough and That's Okay - This is a website to the audiobook I've listened to because I'm quite on the go and although I love to take notes and highlight, this was more convenient for me...plus it was free with a trial LOL

Quick book overview:

This book teaches how we don't have to be it all ourselves. We are human beings and that is ok. God is sufficient enough to fill in the blanks for us and in that we are full. This book is also such a great way to answer questions and reveal deceptions on new age teachings that we are fully apart of even sometimes when we think we are not. To some extent, it's fair to say that we all might be living in deception of new age systems. You will never find yourself satisfied with new age theology. Overall this book is a great refresher and brings you right back on track with your walk in Christ!

Let me know your thoughts are you give this a read! Come back to this thread and share with everyone :)

Last edited:

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2022
Vancouver
✟15,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why is that okay?
(sorry, I haven't read the book)
Seems like a worthy discussion though.

tobyw said:
Only God is ever good enough for God.

I'm honestly just realizing that the comment mentioned that God was only good enough for God...at first I read it in the context of only God is good enough for our needs, like we don't need anything but God ahaha

Oopsies because yeah, I'm not too sure if I would say that the statement is 'right' but who knows? The Lord IS living, breathing perfection so it would make sense that only God is good enough for God ahah

Shalom ♥️

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm honestly just realizing that the comment mentioned that God was only good enough for God...at first I read it in the context of only God is good enough for our needs, like we don't need anything but God ahaha

Oopsies because yeah, I'm not too sure if I would say that the statement is 'right' but who knows? The Lord IS living, breathing perfection so it would make sense that only God is good enough for God ahah

Shalom ♥️
Thanks for your post.

If we look at this from a father and child perspective it helps. IMHO

Would a good father speak about his children this way? Or even make comparisons that elevate some and shame others? This would be considered abuse in human families. Which happens all too often.

If we replace the word "God" with "father", in the quote in question, this is what we get.

"Only father is ever good enough for father."

Conclusion: Why even try if you will NEVER be good enough?

Furthermore, who would want to spend time, or have any kind of relationship with someone like that? It would never be uplifting.

Is this what we believe about God our heavenly Father? (I don't)

Matthew 18:3 NIV
And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of my pet peeves is the misanthropic tendency that is often prevalent in churches I've visited. There is so much emphasis on the notion that we are saved apart from personal merit that turns into a cudgel to deny the infinite value that those who Christ died for have. Honestly it kept me out of church for years and still makes it difficult for me to attend at times. Especially when preachers insist that we all "deserve" to go to hell.

So thank you for highlighting the affirmative value in recognizing our own insufficiency as it truly brings freedom.

Upvote 0