Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But nearly every man and every woman has also been born with inclinations to easily give into sexual sin in a variety of other ways. It is very common for people to point out that monogamy is unnatural or that loads of marriages end in divorce because of adultery. We are even taught by many that sexuality is fluid.

But, suddenly, we are supposed to believe that Buggigieg is immutably gay, and that someone who has a sexual disorder is not called to deny this inclination, as if there have never been celibate vocations.

I just do not see how it would be a persuasive argument to anyone who doesn't already agree with him.

I imagine that attempts to “deny this inclination” towards homosexuality would be about as successful as you and I denying our heterosexuality.....

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's damning with faint praise, really, and for all we know disrespectful to the faith of Mayor Buttigieg.

While I am a mainline Protestant, and I do believe in the full inclusion of LGBT people into the Church and society, I do not regard the Bible as a relic, even if I am not aligned with American evangelical fundamentalism. You are simply not presenting our beliefs fairly when you misrepresent us.

I think you guys deserve all the faint praise I can give you.

I have no qualms about my critical feelings of Christians on this issue and the novelty that they might consider rethinking some parts of a book that has been used to persecute on this issue for nearly two eons.

As for Mayor Buttigieg, no disrespect intended at all. I simply think the idea should have happened sooner for humanity at large.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
From the Beavis'n'Butthead school of political science?

Mockery and ridicule can be quite effective if smartly used.

Defense of Trump has largely been, "I voted for a president, not a pastor" rhetoric, ergo, Trump's philandering, immoral, and awful behaviors don't matter as long as he can "do the job"; or so the argument is couched.

This will not be applicable to other candidates, Trump is a special case. Buttigieg's sexual orientation can only mean that, if he were to become president, that America has failed morally beyond repair, because the morals of the person you elect to the highest office in the land reflects the spiritual state of the nation, and ergo, America is in desperate need to repent for having elected a degenerate, and God's wrath is certainly about to befall us all unless we bring God back and make this a Christian nation again.

I don't really care about Butt-whatever's sex life either. Thing is, he really seems to like to talk about it. I consider it to be his private life; he apparently does not. Trump never made his extramarital affairs an issue on the campaign trail, in fact he went out of his way to play them down.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't really care about Butt-whatever's sex life either. Thing is, he really seems to like to talk about it. I consider it to be his private life; he apparently does not.

If it didn't come up as an issue, I doubt he would ever have to address it so directly.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Because they're personal matters not relevant to his candidacy.
A persons personal integrity, in their personal, private life, especially in one who leads, should always be relevant to their candidacy, or their being elected IMO...

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A persons personal integrity, in their personal, private life, especially in one who leads, should always be relevant to their candidacy, or their being elected IMO...

And let’s not forget the illegalities involved in attempting to ‘hush’ those “personal matters”...

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
All to many consider it irrelevant now though, preferring to chase after dangling carrots put in front of them by, "the media", I guess, I guess... or whatever other damn thing is "entertaining" to them at the moment or in the moment....

And whoever is the most "entertaining", get's our vote...

That's what "America" has become...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Mockery and ridicule can be quite effective if smartly used.

I don't really care about Butt-whatever's sex life either. Thing is, he really seems to like to talk about it. I consider it to be his private life; he apparently does not. Trump never made his extramarital affairs an issue on the campaign trail, in fact he went out of his way to play them down.

Keep in mind the context of that quote, he was talking to an LGBT group. When he was giving an interview with CNN, he didn't discuss it at all, and neither did they.

Mayor Buttigieg's father was Maltese, and his name is semitic. I don't think making fun of somebody's ethnicity is particularly nice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
All to many consider it irrelevant now though, preferring to chase after dangling carrots put in front of them by, "the media", I guess, I guess... or whatever other damn thing is "entertaining" to them at the moment or in the moment....

And whoever is the most "entertaining", get's our vote...

That's what "America" has become...

God Bless!
Or if not the most entertaining, the one, or group, that appeals to our "emotions or emotional states at the time, the most", gets our vote...

But don't you know they are using that to manipulate you and dominate you and keep you under "control".... Keep you good little obedient little slaves, and keep that economy going, so we can get or be "even more filthy rich"...

It's all pretty hopeless at this point...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jon Osterman

Jan 23, 2018
Glasgow
✟59,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And I wasn’t “created” in a heterosexual relationship.

Yet, here I am....

Which was exactly my point. You chose to be in a heterosexual relationship, and only you are responsible for that choice.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know the context of the statement, but I don't see how that was a good line. Christians don't quarrel with men on their own terms, but rather reiterate what was already declared by the Creator to men.

It was quite a bad line. God did not make him a homosexual, the sinful world did. The big problem is society saying a mental illness is fine and flipping God off.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which was exactly my point. You chose to be in a heterosexual relationship, and only you are responsible for that choice.

Oh, really...?

Please explain when it was that I made that “choice”...?

When did I “choose” to be heterosexual...?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It was quite a bad line. God did not make him a homosexual, the sinful world did. The big problem is society saying a mental illness is fine and flipping God off.

Oh my......a “mental illness”...? Really...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

That's your spin on it. People like Pete Buttigieg obviously don't see it that way. He's a churcgoing man.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

It amazes me how many people feel comfortable speaking for God.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not just "fine", but is not a mental illness at all, and that is not caused by society at all, and is not where society took us to, or is headed to, or is going, ect...

They say none of that is true...

I disagree...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's your spin on it. People like Pete Buttigieg obviously don't see it that way. He's a churcgoing man.

Of course, he is an walking Oxymoron can not be a Christian and living in active sin. Just because he goes to Church does not mean anything, there are many liberals that play Church like the mayor. The Bible calls homosexuality wrong so the mayor needs to take that up with the real God

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not just "fine", but is not a mental illness at all, and that is not caused by society at all, and is not where society took us to, or is headed to, or is going, ect...

They say none of that is true...

I disagree...

God Bless!
My worry is that "society" is pretty much synonymous with "media" or mainstream media now...

And like I said in post #91, their appealing to your emotions and draining and sucking you dry, and are driving you mad, while at the same keeping you under control... And they know they are doing this, but it makes money, lot's of money, so, they just don't care... All they care about is... Anyway, Look, they may know by now that it's not going to last, but their plan is to get as much out of you or from you that they can, then when the "stuff hits or has hit the fan", leave you, or all of us, to all kill each other, ect, while they take safe refuge in their "holes" I guess you could say, until the smoke settles and the dust clears, then they will start out with all the wealth and material things and riches they took from you, to "re-establish" themselves in a whole new world, where you will be dead, but in which they will continue and start out very rich (and most importantly, "powerful") even...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.