Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course, he is an walking Oxymoron can not be a Christian and living in active sin. Just because he goes to Church does not mean anything, there are many liberals that play Church like the mayor. The Bible calls homosexuality wrong so the mayor needs to take that up with the real God
I’ve a feeling that you’re going to find Heaven just chock full of people who you don’t think should be there.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course, he is an walking Oxymoron can not be a Christian and living in active sin. Just because he goes to Church does not mean anything, there are many liberals that play Church like the mayor. The Bible calls homosexuality wrong so the mayor needs to take that up with the real God

My religion teaches it is a grave matter to presume that about someone, it potentially violates the commandment against bearing false witness. We should always seek the best possible construction of our neigbor's actions.

On Judgment Day, you will surely find out whether he was "play acting", when everything will be revealed before God, the saints, and all the holy angels. Perhaps it is you who will be revealed to be the "play actor", have you ever considered that? I mean, you do claim to be an "Episcopalian" after all.

Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Keep in mind the context of that quote, he was talking to an LGBT group. When he was giving an interview with CNN, he didn't discuss it at all, and neither did they.

Keep in mind that he was projecting his own personal animus, his "quarrel" if you will, onto the Vice President.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Keep in mind that he was projecting his own personal animus, his "quarrel" if you will, onto the Vice President.

Animus? Disagreeing with somebody is now animus? What kind of bizarro world do we live in?

• Friendly
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I imagine that attempts to “deny this inclination” towards homosexuality would be about as successful as you and I denying our heterosexuality.....

Right, it can be extremely successful. Of course, it can always not be.

There are literally millions of monastics around the world who are fulfilling their vows. Some, of course, fail, and it's not really for them, but that's OK. We can be forgiven our sins.

I'm not a monk -- but I would be willing to be one. I told my girl that if she died I would become one, and I meant it, and she knows that I did and loves me more for it. I am open to the fact that I could fail at it. But I would try to do so.

It's an appropriate and honorable course in life.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Bible calls homosexuality wrong so the mayor needs to take that up with the real God

No, it does not.

Not that a book written by ancients should be binding on anyone, but your bible says nothing about being homosexual...

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Child molesters have similar physiological substratum. Does that mean God made people to be child molesters too? No. It's a sin just like it's an abomination for man to lay with a man as with a woman. This is why the Word says "be transformed by the renewing of your mind". Sin corrupts the brain. The Word of God straightens it out.

If you believe God made the human brain, then God is also responsible for the variations and glitches. Including when those glitches cause harm. The Bible alludes to this:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." Isaiah 45:7

Personally, I don't believe any of this. Homosexuality is a naturally occurring inborn sexual variant. It's no more wicked than left handedness. It affects a minority of the population, and in many societies (though not in every instance), it's an ancient taboo. But, in modern 21st century societies, it's losing taboo status. And that's very threatening to traditionalists.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you believe God made the human brain, then God is also responsible for the variations and glitches. Including when those glitches cause harm. The Bible alludes to this:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." Isaiah 45:7

Personally, I don't believe any of this. Homosexuality is a naturally occurring inborn sexual variant. It's no more wicked than left handedness. It affects a minority of the population, and in many societies (though not in every instance), it's an ancient taboo. But, in modern 21st century societies, it's losing taboo status. And that's very threatening to traditionalists.

Maybe not entirely wicked, but it is a "variant"...

And I think it maybe only "used to only affect only a minority of the population", ect...

But/and/or does that really mean that all of them are "gay" though...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.