"Your quarrel sir, is with my creator."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Hillary was top in the polls and the superior candidate, Donald J. Trump, squashed her like a little gnat. Trump will defeat all challengers as he has the support of the American People.
The Trump win was based on the inscrutable machinations of the Electoral College - that obscure institution established by the Constitution that can bestow the Presidency onto the "runner up" - despite receiving 3 million fewer ballots in the popular vote!

Given the results of the 2018 Interim Elections, which was widely interpreted as a referendum on his President, the real question will be whether Trump and his supporters, in their infinite wisdom, recognize the results of the 2020 Election, should he be defeated - especially if he's facing criminal charges once he becomes a private citizen!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Any biblical support to suggest that his "creator" created him to be gay?
Given that America has had a long history of "gay bashing" and a reluctance to extend equal rights under the law, one wonders as to why anyone would select to have a same sex orientation - given a choice!?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I've heard some people say, "what does it matter what one does or is sexually, or with their sex, or sexually, or in their own sex lives"...? or/and how it should "not matter" as it doesn't affect them, or you either personally, ect, why are you so concerned about it, ect...? Certainly can't see how it would lead to the downfall of a nation or society or a world, that's just preposterous...

But, is it really...? Is it really...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've heard some people say, "what does it matter what one does or is sexually, or with their sex, or sexually, or in their own sex lives"...? or/and how it should "not matter" as it doesn't affect them, or you either personally, ect, why are you so concerned about it, ect...? Certainly can't see how it would lead to the downfall of a nation or society or a world, that's just preposterous...

But, is it really...? Is it really...?

God Bless!
...isn't the above practically word of word what the American Evangelicals say for why they support President Trump with such blind fervor? :scratch:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Trump win was based on the inscrutable machinations of the Electoral College

The outcome of every Presidential Election is decided by the Electoral College.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
...isn't the above practically word of word what the American Evangelicals say for why they support President Trump with such blind fervor? :scratch:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:
I don't know, I don't run with those circles...

It's just that, I think "we will see" is all... and as for what they say or have said about it, I'm barely aware...

And I honestly don't know how it will go, or is gonna go, we'll just have to see is all I guess, is all I'm saying... Do I think there is risk, or a risk, or that it is risky, yes, I do, but then life is all about risk and taking chances sometimes, isn't it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
The outcome of every Presidential Election is decided by the Electoral College.
The fact that the Electoral College has decided that the "runner up" in the popular vote went on to became President in 2 of the last 5 elections, is a "slap in the face" to those millions of citizens who made the conscientious effort to cast a ballot - under the erroneous assumption that their vote actually counted!

The net result may be a growing cynicism and apathy within the American electorate that can be directly attributed to the corrosive influence of the Electoral College - a system that insults the intelligence of the majority of the electorate no longer deserves their allegiance!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Buttigieghas has more than his fair share of political strikes against him and yet he has managed to emerge as 3rd in the polls!

My only concerns about the guy are that...

1. I don't have any clue about his political views and platforms.

2. He seems to be pushing his "identity" as the reason to vote for him. It shouldn't be...as nothing about his identity makes him any better or worse than any other candidate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't care if the president is gay, black, Asian, female, or a piece of lawn furniture. If the policies are good for me and the country, it shouldn't matter. Just as long as I am not called a homophobe because I disagree with his policies, everything will be great. However, based on the identity politics and constant playing the victim card, I really don't see that happening.

I feel for you man, it must be really hard when "they" are such victims. You are so strong.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2. He seems to be pushing his "identity" as the reason to vote for him. It shouldn't be...as nothing about his identity makes him any better or worse than any other candidate.

...is he, or is that the story line that is getting the media's attention? On your first point, I would agree...but then I have not done my homework on his positions....yet.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
...is he, or is that the story line that is getting the media's attention? On your first point, I would agree...but then I have not done my homework on his positions....yet.

I hear he's weak on windmill cancer.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
South Bend, IN mayor Pete Buttigieg, who is gay and a Democratic Presidential contender, addressing VP Mike Pence on LGBT issues.

I've never heard of him, but I gotta admit, it's a good line.

It is a good line. I think its also good to see somebody that can challenge people on their own terms. Democrats have been squeamish about doing that, mostly because our leaders haven't been good talking in any kind of religious language, which is important with the American public. I am more comfortable with secularism, but many Americans are not there yet.

Pete Buttigieg has alot of education behind him and he seems to be headed on the right path. Even if he does not win this time around, I think he will present an important challenge to the political establishment.

Well....generally speaking, yes. Unless you are talking to someone who follows liberal Christian theology.

It has more to do with being aware of how the Church can be wrong and can often simply cloak weaponizing the Scriptures in piety.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why does it need biblical support? It's self-evidently true to most people now days, in the same way that the earth revolves around the sun.
First, in his statement, he is suggesting that God created him to be gay. If that is true, there must be biblical justification otherwise it is just made up hogwash. Second, what do you mean when you said "it's true to most people"? Truth is not relative. Something is either true or false. Its self-evidently true to some people that the earth is flat. These people are absolutley wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

Folks, this is not the place to debate the morality of homosexuality. This Statement of Purpose includes:
Homosexuality, Same-Sex Marriage, Bisexuality and Transgenderism/Transexualism: Discussion of these topics must comply with the sitewide rule barring the promotion of homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality, and transgenderism/transexualism. Discussion and debate should only be directed toward political, legal, historical and civil rights issues, and should not be directed toward the morality of homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality or transgenderism/transexualism.
Some clean up will be done.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Agreed on 1., but as for 2., I had no idea he was gay until I read this very thread.

Admittedly, I haven't been paying much attention to him. How hard is he pushing?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
First, in his statement, he is suggesting that God created him to be gay. If that is true, there must be biblical justification otherwise it is just made up hogwash.

The Episcopal Church a few years ago wrote a paper on their stance on the issue (it was actually a debate, with a pro and con side, there is actually not one view in the church enforced on everyone), so they aren't without cause for believing what they do, and both sides can use the Bible to justify their position. But it's beyond the scope of this forum to discuss it.

Second, what do you mean when you said "it's true to most people"? Truth is not relative. Something is either true or false. Its self-evidently true to some people that the earth is flat. These people are absolutley wrong.

People obviously have different experiences of the world. Most people increasingly just accept that gays are born that way and that it's not a choice, and that being gay is consistent with the nature of who they are.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
First, in his statement, he is suggesting that God created him to be gay. If that is true, there must be biblical justification otherwise it is just made up hogwash.

Is the Bible our only path to God?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.