Your Favorite Villian

NeoScribe

This is it.
Apr 12, 2006
That one place...
✟16,206.00
Faith
Christian
Who is your favorite villian and from which book? Why is he or she your favorite?

Mine is Yawgmoth from Magic: the Gathering. That guy is wicked in both figurative and literal senses. He is rotten to the core and wants to create a universe of machine creatures to be ruled by him. Everything he does is for his own purpose and although it takes him 9000 years, he almost manages to take over his world after ravaging it with his horrific armies. He is a giant mass of darkness that kills everything it touches and is big enough to engulf the whole world.

Ironicly enough, when he was still human he was a docter.

So tell me - who is your favorite villian?

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Toughie. I'd have to say that my favorite villain is Richard Slater from Thr3e. He's very twisted, and hounds the story's protagonist, Kevin, to confess something. Slater is also obsessed with the number three and multiples of three. Each time he calls Kevin to make him confess, the time frame he gives him is a multiple of three. Best of all, there's a big twist at the end involving Slater, but unless you've read the book, I won't tell you :p

Upvote 0

Neve

Always even
Jul 27, 2006
Corona
✟14,608.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Probably Cathy from East of Eden. She's very clever and manipulative. When she lies she stays close to the truth and when she tells the truth she makes it sound like a lie. She's definitely a memorable character - a real wolf in the sheep's clothing.

Upvote 0

futuredoc

somewhere between raising hell and amazing grace
Mar 8, 2006
✟17,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably Cathy from East of Eden. She's very clever and manipulative. When she lies she stays close to the truth and when she tells the truth she makes it sound like a lie. She's definitely a memorable character - a real wolf in the sheep's clothing.
I totally second this

Upvote 0

Jenka

ISCARIOT AGENCY XIII - Agent VII :1st-C Info Tech
Sep 16, 2005
Ottawa
Visit site
✟18,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh wow..this is tough.

Hmm...I'd have to say "Flagg" from King's "The Stand" or the "Phantom" from "Phantom of the Oerpa"

My favourite vigilante is hands down "V" from "V for Vendetta" not the movie, read the graphic novel..you'll fall in love too. You'll see. ;)

~Jenka

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Oh wow..this is tough.

Hmm...I'd have to say "Flagg" from King's "The Stand" or the "Phantom" from "Phantom of the Oerpa"

My favourite vigilante is hands down "V" from "V for Vendetta" not the movie, read the graphic novel..you'll fall in love too. You'll see. ;)

~Jenka

Randall Flagg! the epitome of the evil villian as well as evil incarnate. Am currently re-reading for the umpteenth time the unedited version of The Stand.

I do read Tom Clancy and yep, the old Soviet Union is the token villian in a lot of the older stories. sure makes for good reading tho!

Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
EDIT: Hands down my favorite is Captain Jas. Hook. From J.M. Barrie's "Peter Pan"

Also in the classics, either Dumas' "Count of Monte Cristo" or Lereux's "Phantom of the Opera"

On a more modern glance I like Lord Havelock Vetinari, from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.

Vigilante's though, get V.

Basically I like all of the character because they actually have reasons for what they do. Their depth is actually some thing beyond "KILL HERO CONQUER WORLD!" Rinse repeat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Morghaine

Studying
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2006
Ozark MO
✟63,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmm, tough question - I agree with a lot of the posts so far, and I'd like to add Cyndane/Lanfear and Mordeth from the Wheel of Time series - they're quite bad, but really interesting to read about, and learn how they became so bad.

Upvote 0

Jenka

ISCARIOT AGENCY XIII - Agent VII :1st-C Info Tech
Sep 16, 2005
Ottawa
Visit site
✟18,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Randall Flagg! the epitome of the evil villian as well as evil incarnate. Am currently re-reading for the umpteenth time the unedited version of The Stand.

I do read Tom Clancy and yep, the old Soviet Union is the token villian in a lot of the older stories. sure makes for good reading tho!
Ah yes, the unedited version is the way to go! lol..I read it in hardcover and it was heavy enough to kill someone with.
But I happily carried it around for a few days so I could keep reading it :p
Funny, it's a huge book, but I could've easily read another 1,000 or so pages.

Have you seen the movies? They're pretty darn good too..and close to the book (well..fairly)

~Jenka

Upvote 0