May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Imagine being a kid of 9 years old and you get to go to your favorite team's game. Eagerly you get yourself into the spirit and dress up in team colors to support your team. During the event the jumbotron zooms in on your display for your team. The stadium cheers for you. It was the day of your life. Only later did you know that some woke journalist takes offend to you and made unfounded accusation about you. Being called racist against the blacks and native Americans. The internet starts attacking you. Imagine being that innocent kid.

How an adult can be so miserable that he finds benign displays and twisted it into a social cause is beyond me. To see racial problems where none is to be found. To forgo basic journalist principles such as getting the other side of the story. To use the news platform for calls to action against the kid. Only unhinged individuals drowned by the ideological poison can do this.

Later we find out that the boy is part native American by linage. When called out by the sane people the "journalist" privated his social media account unable to face criticism and backlash he fomented. This new normal of attacking then go into hiding of western media is a direct waste product of social activism. Where virtue signaling is king and truths are inconvenient.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That's tough. I feel for that kid. I think it's too bad the author targeted the kid like that.

Personally, I know the significance of what that headress means to some friends of mine and I would NEVER let my children wear it without showing it reverence. That's great that he ends up being part Native American. It's a curious thing those values weren't passed down.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's tough. I feel for that kid. I think it's too bad the author targeted the kid like that.

Personally, I know the significance of what that headress means to some friends of mine and I would NEVER let my children wear it without showing it reverence. That's great that he ends up being part Native American. It's a curious thing those values weren't passed down.

His grandfather was chief of the tribe.

We aren't talking about "native American" the way Elizabeth Warren is native American.

You can certainly offer your secondhand opinion on his "values" but so far, you're just expressing some weird viewpoint where you imagine you know more about his headdress than he does.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'll venture that Native Americans are not among the ones making complaints about the kid's get up. Only white wokes.

It's a black guy named Carron....which I believe is pronounced "Karen".

He writes articles about how everyone and everything in sports is racist. Perhaps his next article will be how the field of sports journalism is racist lol.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,700.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The demand for hate is greater than the supply.

If you google racism, you can see that anything that shows a minority group in a bad light is now racism. Truth is Irrelevant. All groups are minority except whites. White women are covered under sexism.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

He writes articles about how everyone and everything in sports is racist. Perhaps his next article will be how the field of sports journalism is racist lol.

I didn't know who he was until I google him up. And by all that is good on this earth he is a real scum of a human. Like you said he "specializes" in race baiting articles.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I hope you never use chopsticks in your life because I can guarantee if you ever did you have at least held it wrongly before. Being an ethnic Chinese myself, holding our cultural eating utensils wrongly can have bad meanings. You know how I know? My grandmother thought me. You might have insulted our culture unknowingly. You know what we would do to you? Absolutely nothing. Because well adjusted people understand context when they see it.

Whatever personal understanding you have of another culture is only in the third person. Expecting others to know what you know is nonsensical seeing how many cultures there are in the world. As long as there is no deliberate malice, do what you want with other people cultural items. You want to wear a straw hat for halloween? Go ahead. We East Asians don't care.

Also he didn't ended up as native American he is by birth & by genetics. Even if he wasn't no sane adult would ever take offense of a child misusing a cultural item.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

If you google racism, you can see that anything that shows a minority group in a bad light is now racism. Truth is Irrelevant. All groups are minority except whites. White women are covered under sexism.
Cool white grievance bro.

I say that as a middle-aged white man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

When there is no longer demand certain entities will be out of a cause and out of a business. How else would one advocate for a just society when the society is already just? There must always be something to fight for. That's how this kid became an pawn in the larger game. At least that's how I see social activism.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I had Native Americans in mind. I forgot the other half of the claim that he was supposedly in half blackface to mock African Americans. 9 year olds are diabolical like that.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I should have said, I'll venture that Native Americans are not among the ones making complaints about the kid's get up. Mainly white wokes.
And so, because white wokes are making complaints, it's a stupid idea? Or is it because Native Americans are making complaints for it that it's a stupid idea?

Either way, you seem to think complaints about this are dismissible or worthy of disdain. Am I incorrect on that?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I should have said, I'll venture that Native Americans are not among the ones making complaints about the kid's get up. Mainly white wokes.

From the kid's own tribe:
1701442077171.png

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From the kid's own tribe:
View attachment 339975
They don't endorse it doesn't mean they're complaining about it or condemning a little boy. And notice how they call themselves Indians. "Native Americans" was mainly instituted at the insistence of white SJW wokes. That's according what I've heard Indians say about it. As for Indian regalia, they make good money crafting and selling that stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And so, because white wokes are making complaints, it's a stupid idea? Or is it because Native Americans are making complaints for it that it's a stupid idea?
What Indians have said "it's a stupid idea"?
Either way, you seem to think complaints about this are dismissible or worthy of disdain. Am I incorrect on that?
I think a lot of the karen-woke complaints and attacks against the little boy are extremely asinine.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Really poor judgement by the writer to pick on an innocent kid enjoying a game to push their social justice agenda. You’d think they would have learned from the Covington incident.

Just leave the kids out of the conversation altogether.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What Indians have said "it's a stupid idea"?
None. Never said they did.
I think a lot of the karen-woke complaints and attacks against the little boy are extremely asinine.
Are they assinine when those complaints come from Native Americans or only when they come from woke whities? Because they are saying the exact same thing.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
I 've coined a new term for this recent phenomenon I've been seeing. Maybe someone else can come up with a better term, but I call it "Racism Pareidolia". Racism pareidolia is when someone sees racism or any imagery related to racism where there is none. Such as in this story here.

Other examples of racism pareidolia:

When people looked at the 2021 CPAC stage and saw a nazi symbol. Everyone else just saw this:
The CPAC Nazi Stage Controversy Is Batsh*t Crazy

Exercise swings mistaken for noose

A shoelace mistaken for a noose

And I'm sure most people remember the Bubba Wallace incident in 2020 where a door pull that was there since 2019 was mistaken for a noose.

The further left you are on the political spectrum, the more likely you are to experience racism pareidolia.

Upvote 0