May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Bueno...parece que los duenos de tiendas no tienen ningun problema con eso.

Jadi apa yang kamu ingin persampaikan? Yang kamu tahu bertutur dalam bahasa Sepanyol? Ya, orang tak kesah tentang pakaian mereka dipakai oleh kaum lain. Apatah lagi dipakai oleh orang mereka sendiri. jadi?

Kamu perhatin akan isu-isu berkaitan dengan orang-orang dari Amerika selatan? Faham adat istiadat kaum mereka? Boleh mengajar orang berketurunan America selatan tentang larangan adat mereka sendiri?

Kamu belajar bahasa Sepanyol Europa. Tapi orang-orang Amerika selatan bertutur dalam bahasa Sepanyol dari America selatan. Ada beza, kamu tahu tak? Tahu bahasa bukan bererti tahu adat istiadat.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,349.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Jadi apa yang kamu ingin persampaikan? Yang kamu tahu bertutur dalam bahasa Sepanyol? Ya, orang tak kesah tentang pakaian mereka dipakai oleh kaum lain. Apatah lagi dipakai oleh orang mereka sendiri. jadi?

Kamu perhatin akan isu-isu berkaitan dengan orang-orang dari Amerika selatan? Faham adat istiadat kaum mereka? Boleh mengajar orang berketurunan America selatan tentang larangan adat mereka sendiri?

Kamu belajar bahasa Sepanyol Europa. Tapi orang-orang Amerika selatan bertutur dalam bahasa Sepanyol dari America selatan. Ada beza, kamu tahu tak? Tahu bahasa bukan bererti tahu adat istiadat.
Permintaan maaf saya. Saya tidak berbicara bahasa indonesia.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Permintaan maaf saya. Saya tidak berbicara bahasa indonesia.

Well neither do I for European Spanish and Hispanic Spanish. BTW it is Malay language not Indonesian. My profile tell you where I'm. While both came from the same root they have enough distinction in pronunciation and word usage to be distinguishable. Consider them cousins like Spanish & Portuguese.

While Google translate is not 100% accurate. You should get the gist of what I said. Just like how I got what you said in Spanish. Bueno.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
3) And claiming blackface? Absurd. I don't think mimicking the makeup of Native Americans is in good taste either, but that's not as important an issue as the headdress.

IMO it's more important. Not because of the cultural implications, but because the "journalist' took an out of context photo and publicly defamed a minor by claiming he was wearing blackface.

• Agree
Reactions: IceJad
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Some things carry actual meaning and significance to people. I understand the idea that there are DEFINITELY items that cultures should and could share and folks should feel welcome to; there are other things in Native American culture that they do share...and happily share. But I don't think there is anything AT ALL wrong with cultures holding sacred items and people outside of that culture respecting that.

Help me understand why you think that's hard or unfair

It's not hard...it's impossible. I cannot, for example, guarantee that someone will not draw a picture of Muhammad or wear a ceremonial headdress. If you're so sensitive, so childish and pathetic that such things cause you to seek punishment of the person doing so....perhaps you should find a place that isn't a multicultural society.

I understand Antarctica is heating up. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The only story here is this reporter is a racist. Plainly just a racist. He got his job spewing racism judging by his previous articles. He directs racism at white people judging by his previous articles. This is a popular thing to do on the left, where mediocre journalists work, for awhile now. This racist man decided to go after what he clearly thought was a white kid, for something he knew wasn't blackface....because he's a pathetic sorry excuse for a writer.

He stepped in it when he learned that despite years of imagining himself capable of identifying racism....he can't. He's just racist.

The kid comes from a strong native American background, his own tribe isn't giving him any trouble for wearing the headdress...and this discussion only pivoted to "cultural appropriation" because the shameless racist reporter would rather stick to his racism than apologize. He doesn't have any right to moralize to this child he needlessly picked on because he is white. Remember, he's a racist...so he's not in any position to judge anyone regarding "racism".

We don't take shooting safety classes from Alec Baldwin, do we?

We don't look to the writings and life of Ted Bundy to understand misogyny, do we?

Then why do so many dumb people listen to racists who think they can give lessons on racism?

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Finally comeuppance. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving media company. When you think you're protected by pandering to the activism of the day, but forgot that activism is only as good as the money behind it.

The truest uncorrupted form of cancel culture - an organic one. People stop visiting your sites, stop reading your articles, ads stopped due to low traffic and finally for profit organization deems you a liability. No need for social media posting or performative protesting outside some venue. Just pure disengagement by the sane masses.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,450.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The demand for hate is greater than the supply.

If you google racism, you can see that anything that shows a minority group in a bad light is now racism. Truth is Irrelevant. All groups are minority except whites. White women are covered under sexism.
True. If racism were all that bad there'd be nobody
having to resort concocting racist behaviour of
children. See also " Maga hat kid" supposedly
mocking an Indian guy.

• Agree
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,268.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If you google racism, you can see that anything that shows a minority group in a bad light is now racism.
If you google racism? If your perception of reality is conditioned by what you find with a Google search I suggest your vision may be corrupted.

I further suggest a significant proportion of material presenting minority groups in a bad light is motivated by racism. The absence of balance in such reports is supporting evidence for that supposition. I have not conducted an analysis of the reports I have seen to give you percentages, or a qualitative assessment of how likely the motivation was racist, so you may choose to dismiss my observations as anecdotal. Nevertheless, I suggest it is worth reflecting on.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,450.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you google racism? If your perception of reality is conditioned by what you find with a Google search I suggest your vision may be corrupted.

I further suggest a significant proportion of material presenting minority groups in a bad light is motivated by racism. The absence of balance in such reports is supporting evidence for that supposition. I have not conducted an analysis of the reports I have seen to give you percentages, or a qualitative assessment of how likely the motivation was racist, so you may choose to dismiss my observations as anecdotal. Nevertheless, I suggest it is worth reflecting on.
True tho that Americans toss the
word about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I can give you one. Not sure if you play video games. Regardless you don't have to be one to understand this. Resident Evil 5 released in 2009 was lambasted by the politically correct people (back then woke & progressives weren't a thing yet) as being racist. Reason? The game takes place in an unnamed west African nation where you play as a "white" man shooting "black" people.

It was a big issue in the gaming industry back then. It got so bad that the game was made as an example of insensitivity not suited for "modern" audiences (ever elusive non-existent kind). Capcom as Japanese developer was put on blast by its peers (western developers). From an outsider's perspective it looks like a classic putting minority in a "bad" light thus "racism". However nuance gives a different picture.

Resident Evil 5 (RE5) as the number suggest is the fifth installment of the series. A series where a bioweapon virus is set loose on people turning them into the walking dead. Your character in RE5 is not new to the series. He was in the first installment as one of 2 protagonists. Shooting zombies and escaping were the premise of the game. The first 3 installments took place in the US where zombies were infected Americans. The forth take place in Spain where zombies were infected Spanish. As you would have guess all the zombies enemies from the first four are (still are) white people.

So far so good? Here comes RE5. Being a bioweapon the virus was exported all over the world by weapon dealers. This time to a west African nation. Take a logical guess which group of people got infected and need taken out? If you answer the Africans then you get nothing! Because it was obvious. Being an expert on bioweapon at this point of the game the "white" protagonist from the first game was flown in to handle the situation along with a local agent (who is black BTW). If you look at it from a story telling perspective there is nothing here to suggest a hint of malice towards "black" people. It is a normal expansion of the game's story. That is if you're a normal well adjusted person. But as I said earlier, politically correct people took offense to it and started to infer unfounded accusations about racism.

Everything from the "white saviour" to reinforcement of "colonial" history. Whatever reach they can get to they went there. Outrage need to be had and the PC people are going to have it. Imagine being the director of the game being called out for nothing but political brownie points. You think this group of people will be consistent at the very least being so racially conscious. But wrong you're, because the next installment Resident Evil 6 partly takes place in China. No prize again for guessing the zombies this time is of the "yellow" skin tone (at least implied). Was there a outrage for shooting of the Chinese by the western developers? [crickets.mp4].

No allegory to the opium war? Where a foreign substance is brought into China that destroyed the Chinese society. Then a "white" man's army coming in to take over and reestablished order. Of course not. Because political correctness is not about justice but influence and power. To guilt trip you into submission. Where you surrender your autonomy and let others determine how you view the world and what your intentions should be. Else be prepared to be called a RACIST.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
True tho that Americans toss the
word about.

Racism is a very meaningful and emotionally loaded word. But now I don't feel a thing about it. Now being called one by the "progressive" crowd meant you stood your ground against a mob lynching. How many people who got called a racist today are truly one?

Funny the west keeps making fun of communist China for having a social credit system to control people's benefits, yet not see the same parallels of it in the form of DEI.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟241,268.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Resident Evil 5 (RE5) as the number suggest is the fifth installment of the series. A series where a bioweapon virus is set loose on people turning them into the walking dead. Your character in RE5 is not new to the series. He was in the first installment as one of 2 protagonists. Shooting zombies and escaping were the premise of the game. The first 3 installments took place in the US where zombies were infected Americans. The forth take place in Spain where zombies were infected Spanish. As you would have guess all the zombies enemies from the first four are (still are) white people.

So far so good?
I give you high marks for a thoughtful, structured, carefully expressed argument. It is refreshing to discuss a matter where ones protagonist doesn't just make empty assertions but builds a position from evidence and avoids endlessly repeated empty assertions.

But (you knew there was going to be a but) we come to this paragraph. And you ask in the following paragraph, "so far so good?" The answer to which is "Definitely not!"

The first 3 installments took place in the US where zombies were infected Americans. Excellent. The zombies will include a whole range of people, your tired, your poor, your huddled masses with diverse ancestries. There will be Irish and Russians and Vietnamese and French and Nigerians and native Americans and Japanese and Scots. . . . . You get the general idea.** But no, All the zombie enemies from the first four are white people.

In your mind American equates to white person. You've just excluded a substantial proportion of American citizens. If you do not recognise, after thinking about it very carefully, the inherently racist nature of that act then further discussion will be pointless.

** and yes, the Russians will include Kasakhs, the French will include Algerian arabs, the Nigerians will include Ibos, Bambukos and Gade, etc.

• Winner
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I give you high marks for a thoughtful, structured, carefully expressed argument. It is refreshing to discuss a matter where ones protagonist doesn't just make empty assertions but builds a position from evidence and avoids endlessly repeated empty assertions.

But (you knew there was going to be a but) we come to this paragraph. And you ask in the following paragraph, "so far so good?" The answer to which is "Definitely not!"

The first 3 installments took place in the US where zombies were infected Americans. Excellent. The zombies will include a whole range of people, your tired, your poor, your huddled masses with diverse ancestries. There will be Irish and Russians and Vietnamese and French and Nigerians and native Americans and Japanese and Scots. . . . . You get the general idea.** But no, All the zombie enemies from the first four are white people.

In your mind American equates to white person. You've just excluded a substantial proportion of American citizens. If you do not recognise, after thinking about it very carefully, the inherently racist nature of that act then further discussion will be pointless.

** and yes, the Russians will include Kasakhs, the French will include Algerian arabs, the Nigerians will include Ibos, Bambukos and Gade, etc.

Have you played the games? I have, the first three on the PS1 and the forth on Gamecube. The first 3 consist of zombie models which are majority based on white people. There was a few "black models" but nothing major. The story choose to portray the setting in a majority white US. All might be a bit hyperbolic but you should get the point.

It is in the newer remakes where the zombies became more racially pronounce and diverse. That is due to the advancement of technology. Back then there are many cases of reused assets in game to reduce diskspace. So white zombies it is in the older games.

The point is not to argue about fictional American races in Resident Evil. The game was just the vehicle for the outrage mob. And I have shown you an example where the demand for outrage is greater than the supply. So much so a fictional game and its developer has been maligned to prove a point. A point based on false premise.

It was so bad that the racist allegation got an entry in Wikipedia where the sequel RE6 had none for the Chinese setting.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟241,268.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Have you played the games? I have, the first three on the PS1 and the forth on Gamecube. The first 3 consist of zombie models which are majority based on white people. There was a few "black models" but nothing major. The story choose to portray the setting in a majority white US. All might be a bit hyperbolic but you should get the point.

It is in the newer remakes where the zombies became more racially pronounce and diverse. That is due to the advancement of technology. Back then there are many cases of reused assets in game to reduce diskspace. So white zombies it is in the older games.

The point is not to argue about fictional American races in Resident Evil. The game was just the vehicle for the outrage mob. And I have shown you an example where the demand for outrage is greater than the supply. So much so a fictional game and its developer has been maligned to prove a point. A point based on false premise.

It was so bad that the racist allegation got an entry in Wikipedia where the sequel RE6 had none for the Chinese setting.
You have rather missed the point. You equated American with white American. Based on the evidence of your posts, when you picture Americans they are white Americans. The subtle and not so subtle consequences of that mind set are racist. I am no longer addressing whether or not the RE games are racist. We've moved on from that. I am stating that you are displaying a racist mindset that you seem blithely unaware of. That, in many ways, is the most dangerous kind.

(If you happen to be ethnic Cayman Islander then that just means you really are messed up in your thinking! )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So far so good? Here comes RE5. Being a bioweapon the virus was exported all over the world by weapon dealers. This time to a west African nation. Take a logical guess which group of people got infected and need taken out? If you answer the Africans then you get nothing! Because it was obvious. Being an expert on bioweapon at this point of the game the "white" protagonist from the first game was flown in to handle the situation along with a local agent (who is black BTW). If you look at it from a story telling perspective there is nothing here to suggest a hint of malice towards "black" people. It is a normal expansion of the game's story. That is if you're a normal well adjusted person. But as I said earlier, politically correct people took offense to it and started to infer unfounded accusations about racism.
While it may make logical sense, there was still a conscious decision by the developers to take the game to Africa. They're writing a fictional story, not recounting actual events. They did not have to make a game that involved a white man shooting hordes of black zombies in Africa. While the intent may not be malicious, it's absolutely a bad look.
No allegory to the opium war? Where a foreign substance is brought into China that destroyed the Chinese society. Then a "white" man's army coming in to take over and reestablished order. Of course not. Because political correctness is not about justice but influence and power. To guilt trip you into submission. Where you surrender your autonomy and let others determine how you view the world and what your intentions should be. Else be prepared to be called a RACIST.
America has a (rather understandable) sensitivity towards anything that may be perceived as racist towards black people. Racism - or perceived racism - towards Asians tends to be less controversial (for lack of a better word). I'm not excusing it, just pointing out the reality.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
While it may make logical sense, there was still a conscious decision by the developers to take the game to Africa. They're writing a fictional story, not recounting actual events. They did not have to make a game that involved a white man shooting hordes of black zombies in Africa. While the intent may not be malicious, it's absolutely a bad look.

America has a (rather understandable) sensitivity towards anything that may be perceived as racist towards black people. Racism - or perceived racism - towards Asians tends to be less controversial (for lack of a better word). I'm not excusing it, just pointing out the reality.

So the scared cow defense I see. Somethings are beyond reproach while others matter not. Who sets this standard that the rest of the world have to follow? Why is the sensitivity of America the standard for the rest of the world? Failing which it is the right of Americans to call these people racist. Yes they don't have to make a game that take place in Africa but they wanted to. Is that freedom of creativity not afforded to them? Must Japanese people or any other nation live in the shadow of American approval?

What gives American the right to call someone racist and make it true when it is proven that American sensitivity is not consistent? Who make the Americans kings and lords over us?

I'm an ethnic Chinese by the way and I didn't take offense to Resident Evil 6 where a Chinese city is infected by a bioweapon. Because it is FICTION. I live in the real world. I don't bring real world issues into fiction.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I’m a game developer. I haven’t played RE5 (or any RE game tbh) but I have worked on games that have dealt with a number of culturally sensitive historical issues. I was an enthusiastic supporter of the efforts to which my team went to be sensitive to the various groups involved. I’m also quick to call out racists here.

And at least what I’ve read here about the charges against RE5 sound like nonsense. I imagine most of my (very woke) team would’ve rolled their eyes at them, too, though I doubt they would’ve been blindsided the way the Japanese devs apparently were.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So the scared cow defense I see.
As I said, I'm not defending anything. You asked why, I explained.
Somethings are beyond reproach while others matter not. Who sets this standard that the rest of the world have to follow? Why is the sensitivity of America the standard for the rest of the world?
Like it or not, America is one of the largest markets (if not the largest) for media and entertainment. The collective opinion of Americans has a lot of influence over the media that Americans consume.
Failing which it is the right of Americans to call these people racist.
Anyone is free to call anyone else a racist.
Yes they don't have to make a game that take place in Africa but they wanted to. Is that freedom of creativity not afforded to them? Must Japanese people or any other nation live in the shadow of American approval?
The controversy over the trailer doesn't appear to have had any real negative effects on the game or its sales numbers. It was Capcom's best-selling game until 2018.
I'm an ethnic Chinese by the way and I didn't take offense to Resident Evil 6 where a Chinese city is infected by a bioweapon. Because it is FICTION. I live in the real world. I don't bring real world issues into fiction.
Ok? I'm sure there were many black people who didn't find the RE5 trailer offensive either.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Like it or not, America is one of the largest markets (if not the largest) for media and entertainment. The collective opinion of Americans has a lot of influence over the media that Americans consume.

The collective bias and inconsistent opinions of PC Americans. A group of people hyper focus on "societal justice" to the point where everything looks like a nail to them. Striking on anyone whom "they deemed" have offended "minority sensibilities".

Anyone is free to call anyone else a racist.

Great because it no longer holds any value. When you degrade a word to this extent, you only give cover to actual racists by them pointing to the overuse of the word. Like the boy who cried wolf. One day the villagers will just stop coming to the rescue.

The controversy over the trailer doesn't appear to have had any real negative effects on the game or its sales numbers. It was Capcom's best-selling game until 2018.

Gamers supported the game because the majority of them are apolitical (and many of us aren't Americans). Just because it doesn't affect sales doesn't mean what was done is in any way morally right. If I brand your family as child smugglers (when it is untrue) to the masses and your business is not affected does it mean you're fine with me doing that? Same applies to Capcom.

Ok? I'm sure there were many black people who didn't find the RE5 trailer offensive either.

That's why American activisms especially the progressive side is nothing more than a solution looking for a problem. When they can't find a problem they invent one even if it meant tarring an innocent person. The message is more important than the truth.

You have people faking racist attacks here and there. Even the celebrities partake in it. Just google fake hate crimes in America. See how many cases there are. Makes me sick to the stomach that people's good will is being abused.

That's why I'm absolutely jubilant when vindication is to be had. Not many innocent people get their justice in a timely manner and even less perpetrators get theirs. So I take great joy in Deadspin being sold and the staff being laid off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0