Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
But people saying they don't believe Christ rose again? What is their Christianity about then? I mean, how can they have a living relationship with someone they feel is dead?

Have not once ever, ever heard a Christian say they think that. Doctrinal and theological differences, sure, but how can a Christian not believe in the resurrection?

It just doesn't make any sense. It's *because* of the resurrection... it's like counting from 1 to 5 and missing out 2, 3 and 4.

Too astounded to use smilies, even. What is her church - and others - teaching for people to seriously believe that?
I have, unfortunately come across this idea before - that the resurrection was only "spiritual". Usually from people who also deny the virgin birth...
Is just incredibly, horribly sad that people can be so decieved!

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's the consequence of the whole 'political correctness' movement!
People are so afraid of offending some individual or group that they are afraid to disagree - even on important issues.
And so the truth gets diluted and lost.
It is incredibly sad. The gospel is offensive to some, and if we try to make it less so we deny its power. But so many Christians and churches are drifting towards universalism, and don't even seem to see that this is a problem!
:(

Many times I think Christians use this line of logic to say "hey, I can be as offensive as I want, because it's the gospel" or "because I'm being offensive, that means I'm being Christian." I vehemently object to that kind of thing.

But this... this is a matter of me being as kind and respectful as possible without compromising my deepest convictions. This is a case where I can't do anything more to make it inoffensive. This is one of those cases where it really is legitimate to say "hey, the Gospel isn't PC!"

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have, unfortunately come across this idea before - that the resurrection was only "spiritual". Usually from people who also deny the virgin birth...

1 Corinthians 15:14 -- "If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain."

Upvote 0
L

~*Lady Trekki*~

I can't believe what I'm seeing on this site.

I was just told off for questioning someone's faith and Christianity by saying that denying Christ's physical resurrection "is incongruent with Christian belief." I was then told that it is not necessary to believe that Christ rose from the dead in order to be a Christian. The implication being that I am a horrible judgmental person for saying that two doctrines (1, he was raised, 2, he wasn't) are mutually exclusive.

Seriously. It grieves me to see this. I mourn for a world where doctrine such as this masquerades as Christian.

Wow. Reminds me of the scripture that talks about itching ears.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That thread is the weirdest, singularly most depressing one we will ever see here.

Sadly enough, it's not. For the last couple days I've been following three other threads that were even more depressing, not only for their content, but for the way people were treated.

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly enough, it's not. For the last couple days I've been following three other threads that were even more depressing, not only for their content, but for the way people were treated.
Seriously? :(

Do you ever wonder how we went so wrong? :(

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't assume that all of them are "decieved" - I think there are plenty of people here with agenda's to attack any and every standard of the Christian faith!

THey promote all types of sexual immorality and deny central tenets of scripture; worse, denying that scripture is inspired by God at all.
Worthy of some random cherry picking of just the good verses that give them some blessings for being "so good".

Some I'm sure are decieved, but there's some wolves out there working hard against the truth of God.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Seriously? :(

Do you ever wonder how we went so wrong? :(

It was really bad. And the reports that were being generated were equally bad. It's pretty sad to me when people are called names because they are trying to correct a very inappropriate and worrisome situation. The reports got bad because people were even mocking and criticizing the mods who were trying to do their job.

I actually felt guilty at one point in time, because I really thought "I'm SO glad this isn't happening in MY congregation's forum. Then I realized, this IS my forum - this whole foru.ms thing IS indeed mine.

We went wrong when we took the focus off Christ and put it on attracting more visitors here. Meaning, I think Erwin went wrong and many people followed him like blind sheep.

Things like what I witnessed, I don't think they would've happened prior to 7-7-7 and if they did, I'd be willing to be they were taken care of in a quicker manner.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sinners are depraved...so what you expect. I think I might lose my modship because I'm always fighting liberals outside this forum.
If that's the case, so be it. Keep standing for the truth, brother!

I don't assume that all of them are "decieved" - I think there are plenty of people here with agenda's to attack any and every standard of the Christian faith!

THey promote all types of sexual immorality and deny central tenets of scripture; worse, denying that scripture is inspired by God at all.
Worthy of some random cherry picking of just the good verses that give them some blessings for being "so good".

Some I'm sure are decieved, but there's some wolves out there working hard against the truth of God.
So true. And it's often hard to tell which are the ones who know they're teaching lies, and which are the ones who genuinely believe them. Our response is the same regardless, though!

It was really bad. And the reports that were being generated were equally bad. It's pretty sad to me when people are called names because they are trying to correct a very inappropriate and worrisome situation. The reports got bad because people were even mocking and criticizing the mods who were trying to do their job.

I actually felt guilty at one point in time, because I really thought "I'm SO glad this isn't happening in MY congregation's forum. Then I realized, this IS my forum - this whole foru.ms thing IS indeed mine.

We went wrong when we took the focus off Christ and put it on attracting more visitors here. Meaning, I think Erwin went wrong and many people followed him like blind sheep.

Things like what I witnessed, I don't think they would've happened prior to 7-7-7 and if they did, I'd be willing to be they were taken care of in a quicker manner.
I saw a lot of these things happening well before 7/7/7, which is why the changes really didn't shock me. In the GT, CP&E, and CA sections, there were quite a few heresies being preached. Things like no physical resurrection, all spirit being male or female depending on the level of maturity alone, that Muslims are Christians, but Jews cannot be, and on and on. And when reported, nothing was done. There's been a huge universalist undertone gaining momentum in this forum for months, if not longer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

But - if they are doing these things, surely that is proof that they are deceived! Because if they knew the truth, really knew God , then they wouldn't be working against it...to do that, they must be believing satan's lies!
And - we are still called to love these people, even whilst standing against their ideas.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Ya, that was about my response. It's quite a flowery mystical sort of belief that a number of well established members hold. That all "flesh" is evil, and God/Christ is only (and was ever only) spirit. Of course there is no hell because we are all spirit and a part of God, who would never punish himself. Our spirits start out as immature and male, but as we mature, they become more and more female, like God. (Now, I may have the genders backwards, not sure. It's been a while since I bothered debating with any of them.) But the concept is basically what they teach anyway. It's all very connected to the post modernist concept of human interpretation of truth being subjective, yet still somehow correct. (Or at least perhaps God doesn't mind if we get it wrong as long as we believe in something). Their debate tactics are masterful to say the least. They rarely, if ever say anything outright, but will type whole pages of nonsense and cyber-high-five each other for the gibberish. The Christians who venture into these threads are mainly left doing this: :scratch: . Debates are always circular and ridiculous as they refuse any absolute truth and are masters at twisting Scripture (which they claim to hold in the highest regard).

And this group is not new. They've been here much longer than I have.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But - if they are doing these things, surely that is proof that they are deceived! Because if they knew the truth, really knew God , then they wouldn't be working against it...to do that, they must be believing satan's lies!
And - we are still called to love these people, even whilst standing against their ideas.
I hope you aren't implying I don't have any love for people who bring false gospels? But at the same time, I HATE what they do and I will expose it for what it is and witness what God says.

But no, I don't believe all people are decieved - some willfully reject and refuse what they're given. Just like Romans 9 teaches, once a person hardens, God can continue to harden them Himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I hope you aren't implying I don't have any love for people who bring false gospels? But at the same time, I HATE what they do and I will expose it for what it is and witness what God says.

But no, I don't believe all people are decieved - some willfully reject and refuse what they're given. Just like Romans 9 teaches, once a person hardens, God can continue to harden them Himself.
Was certainly not implying anything of the kind - apologies if that was how it came across! :hug:

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Was certainly not implying anything of the kind - apologies if that was how it came across! :hug:
I'm glad, thank you Criada :hug: No apology necessary either - sometimes typing our thoughts don't come out the same as if we were in person.
:wave:

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My stepdaughter is soooo confused because her Episcopalian priest (lesbian, btw) says gnosticism is the truth and the Bible isn't and it makes me sick to my stomach.
:eek: Are you serious? Where's the accountability?!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.