Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I understand macrina, but after this one there'll be something else with someone else and on it'll go.

I think if I would just stay away from the rules/discussion & announcement areas I'd be better off ;)

Yeah, I do understand.
This is very difficult for me -- I really hate debating, not to mention how depressing it is to know some of the mindsets that are out there under the label "Christian." :(

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I do understand.
This is very difficult for me -- I really hate debating, not to mention how depressing it is to know some of the mindsets that are out there under the label "Christian." :(
You are doing a wonderful job, though, Mac! :hug:
Am praying for you!

Reactions: Macrina
Upvote 0
L

~*Lady Trekki*~

It seems that it is always something, one thing gets a bit settled, just in time to start up another battle...I think some live on the battle scenes, but I for one am just so weary of it all...
Me too...it's getting old for sure. It seems like we're constantly arguing with the same people. Nothing ever gets settled! It just goes from one subject to another. :sigh:

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It seems that it is always something, one thing gets a bit settled, just in time to start up another battle...I think some live on the battle scenes, but I for one am just so weary of it all...
LOL, well that sure ain't me. I will stand and fight when required. But I don't go looking for trouble. Generally it's a total waste of time and energy. This one matters though, and I don't think ignoring it is the best way to deal with it.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It is very hurtful when someone misrepresents my motivations. Especially when I have been trying very hard to be patient and respectful to those with whom I disagree. :(

God knows what your intentions are, and that's what most important.

Desmalia, I have that same avatar that you have in your sig. Don't know if you're interested or not, but I do have a "clean" version of it without the bloody mess. I thought it was pretty neat but since some people at another forum were a bit disturbed by it I edited it. Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

Reactions: desmalia
Upvote 0

Tangeloper

Happy New Year!
Jul 29, 2007
Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is it wiccan? Yuck. I know Anton LaVey's "church" had that as its fundamental law but I don't know much more than that so I assumed it was all satanism. Sorry for the mistake. :hug:
LOL, no problem GM.

"Satanists" regularly borrow stuff from other religious traditions it seems, so it's very possible for them to have taken that tenet from Wicca. I've read a lot about different religions over the years, although I don't tread into the world of Satanism!!! Some REAL crazies and BAD souls in that "realm" so to speak! LOL

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL, well that sure ain't me. I will stand and fight when required. But I don't go looking for trouble. Generally it's a total waste of time and energy. This one matters though, and I don't think ignoring it is the best way to deal with it.
This is part of the problem - Christians HAVEN'T been willing to stand and fight.
We get mad and walk away in a huff & complain but DO little. I think that's partly why the church today has lost some ground.

No offense to Jim any - I'm tired of the fight too, and have thought to leave this forum more than once. The problem is, it's not only the world we fight anymore, it's those in the church or within "Christianity".

But if we didn't fight for CF, the site would have been what it was first changed to last week - throwing Christians under the bus to be 'user friendly'.

I hate to have to fight like anyone else, but sometimes we're called to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't believe what I'm seeing on this site.

I was just told off for questioning someone's faith and Christianity by saying that denying Christ's physical resurrection "is incongruent with Christian belief." I was then told that it is not necessary to believe that Christ rose from the dead in order to be a Christian. The implication being that I am a horrible judgmental person for saying that two doctrines (1, he was raised, 2, he wasn't) are mutually exclusive.

Seriously. It grieves me to see this. I mourn for a world where doctrine such as this masquerades as Christian.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

I was just told off for questioning someone's faith and Christianity by saying that denying Christ's physical resurrection "is incongruent with Christian belief." I was then told that it is not necessary to believe that Christ rose from the dead in order to be a Christian. The implication being that I am a horrible judgmental person for saying that two doctrines (1, he was raised, 2, he wasn't) are mutually exclusive.

Seriously. It grieves me to see this. I mourn for a world where doctrine such as this masquerades as Christian.
I have a little history with this particular member. She is lost, and has admitted as much not long ago, even changing her faith icon for a while. I do believe she is seeking, but still very caught up in her own personal worldly doctrines. Keep her in your prayers. There's a battle going on over her soul right now. May God's perfect will be done in her life.

(And btw, fear is the natural response to such truths as you are exposing. You have maintained a graceful attitude in all your responses. Don't take it personally. You are attacked for representing Christ, that is all.)

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You may want to do a little word study on wolves and false prophets / teachers.
This happened to the church early on.

Paul in Acts noted before he left for his mission journeys that he knew savage wolves would enter in and not spare the flock.
The early churches fought heresies and had to write Creeds to keep the church belief standards from being erroded.

Today it's replaced with Postmodernism. Liberalism - subjectivism... no truth is absolutely true...
the Bible is fallible and not God's inspired word to us.

WE DECIDE WHAT'S TRUE ACCORDING TO OUR PERCEPTIONS & OPINIONS.

I truly believe that this will only be fixed by God stepping in Himself.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

It's so sad that people can believe this. because - how can they ever really come to know the truth if they are being told that this is OK.
But - don't be discouraged, because your words may be what God uses to show her, or someone else, that they have been decieved! You are speaking the truth in love - God will use and honour that - even if the fruit is not immediately apparent!
God bless you, Mac - I am praying for you. :hug:

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the encouragement.

It's just so heartbreaking to see people in the grip of a false gospel.

And then when they act like I'm attacking them personally... well, I just wish they could understand that it's out of compassion for them that I want to help them discern truth. I'm not doing them any favors if I endorse a belief in a false Christ!

:cry:

Reactions: Criada
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That thread is the weirdest, singularly most depressing one we will ever see here.

It grieves me so much. Not the people -- I'm not angry at them -- but the state of Christian doctrine. Sure, we don't need to agree on every itty bitty point... or even the medium-sized points... but things like the nature of Christ are pretty essential. I'm not upset over any of the changes that have created hysteria around here, but I do lament the fact that we (the church in general) have strayed so far from the truth that we reject it when we see it.

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wanna bet? :D

(Hope you are right - but I'm sure something else will come up...:sigh:)
But people saying they don't believe Christ rose again? What is their Christianity about then? I mean, how can they have a living relationship with someone they feel is dead?

Have not once ever, ever heard a Christian say they think that. Doctrinal and theological differences, sure, but how can a Christian not believe in the resurrection?

It just doesn't make any sense. It's *because* of the resurrection... it's like counting from 1 to 5 and missing out 2, 3 and 4.

Too astounded to use smilies, even. What is her church - and others - teaching for people to seriously believe that?

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It grieves me so much. Not the people -- I'm not angry at them -- but the state of Christian doctrine. Sure, we don't need to agree on every itty bitty point... or even the medium-sized points... but things like the nature of Christ are pretty essential. I'm not upset over any of the changes that have created hysteria around here, but I do lament the fact that we (the church in general) have strayed so far from the truth that we reject it when we see it.
I think it's the consequence of the whole 'political correctness' movement!
People are so afraid of offending some individual or group that they are afraid to disagree - even on important issues.
And so the truth gets diluted and lost.
It is incredibly sad. The gospel is offensive to some, and if we try to make it less so we deny its power. But so many Christians and churches are drifting towards universalism, and don't even seem to see that this is a problem!
:(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.