Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't make it a lie. It makes it figurative.

My evangelical, deeply dovoted Christian aunt work as a technician with Hubble (she was brilliant!). She explained to me that the Big Bang was simply the scientific explanation of "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. You had to accept a 13 billion year old universe in order to accept the Big Bang. She taught me that a real Christian need never feel afraid of the truths Science uncovers, because all truth belongs to God.

The truth belongs to him, and the facts as well.
No point arguing though.

We will see in the next few years, as we enter
or discover we're already in the tribulation and
getting ready to enter the seventh millennium
and the Sabbath reign of Yahushua.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,443.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That is exactly what I am thinking as well........
I suspect that even Lucifer Satan.... actually hates PRIDE.... because he knows it was his own pride that got him cast out of heaven............

Now... in order to destroy Pride.... he may ACT as if he supports it.........
but it probably is nothing more than an ACT.......

Satanism Ending

Satan v.s.Satan (inevitably) = no more Satan

We are handed over to the delusions of our pride to remember the battle/struggle and do it no more.

• Informative
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have to admit that I like the idea of this verse perhaps referring to a Rapture event.

2Th 2:1

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,

not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[fn] had come.

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[fn] is revealed, the son of perdition,

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[fn] is revealed, the son of perdition,

• Friendly
Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Have you separated the "rapture" from His second coming? Have you any evidence that the two events should be separate? Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him.. says to me that they are the same time.

Upvote 0

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Have you separated the "rapture" from His second coming? Have you any evidence that the two events should be separate? Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him.. says to me that they are the same time.
I have gone back and forth on the rapture issue and I've studied it from every angle. I'm finally convinced that those in Messiah will not go through the judgement that God rains down on mankind at the end.

Revelation 3:10 “Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.

Be comforted...​

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,443.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have to admit that I like the idea of this verse perhaps referring to a Rapture event.

2Th 2:1

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,

not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[fn] had come.

"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather you together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." [Matthew 13:30]

The Exodus was a rapture where they took the two wings of an eagle and flew away from the face of the serpent unto El Shadai a Great Mountain Burning with Fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,443.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"In (Î)yéhûʷəʰ put I my trust: how say you to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.

If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" [Psalm 11:1-3]

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,443.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The location? Wheresoever one sees a Great mountain burning with fire being Cast into a Calm Sea, located at the foot of the nation exercising world domination, that is where the Kingdom Come will be, and all the Saints worthy of inheriting it will be gathered to...a place where His name is recorded, amongst the tribes of Israel.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The truth belongs to him, and the facts as well.
No point arguing though.

We will see in the next few years, as we enter
or discover we're already in the tribulation and
getting ready to enter the seventh millennium
and the Sabbath reign of Yahushua.

...... I believe that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus likes it when we come to the place where we see our sins........ as NOTABLE sins..... like Barabbas / Bar Abbas.... the man who escaped punishment even though he was guilty of murder, sedition...... and who knows what else........?

I am a terribly proud person......... it leads me to be lukewarm and lethargic spiritually........ This is a sin that is up there with what caused the fall of Lucifer.......... I am a NOTABLE prisoner who has been set free by the Blood of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
I have gone back and forth on the rapture issue and I've studied it from every angle. I'm finally convinced that those in Messiah will not go through the judgement that God rains down on mankind at the end.

Revelation 3:10 “Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.

Be comforted...​
Being protected doesn't mean taken away, but rather it is like a hen gathering its chicks under its wings, protected.

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Psalm 91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Be comforted...​
You are correct that believers will not go through the wrath/judgment of YHWH upon this world (the Day of YHWH), but not because we are raptured. We will be divinely protected during that time. However, we will not be protected from the wrath of Satan which is why the saints are martyred in the 5th seal and why they are over come by the beast of Rev. 13.

Upvote 0

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have never been huge into "the Rapture". I place my faith in G_d, Yeshua, and the Holy Spirit. Only G_d knows the timing of such things and I trust Him so I do not worry but rather seek G_d so all other things can be added unto me. If I am busy doing G_d's will then what more can I do? G_d has blessed me with seeing and experiencing so very much during my long life I know what G_d can do. I am nothing without Him. I can no more exist without G_d than I can without air to breath because He sustains my very life. I am truly blessed!

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You are correct that believers will not go through the wrath/judgment of YHWH upon this world (the Day of YHWH), but not because we are raptured. We will be divinely protected during that time. However, we will not be protected from the wrath of Satan which is why the saints are martyred in the 5th seal and why they are over come by the beast of Rev. 13.
How can the saints be both divinely protected and martyred?

• Useful
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When YHWH brings His trumpet and vial judgments upon the wicked, the saints will be protected. When Satan persecutes the saints unto death, they will not be protected by YHWH. The fact that the saints in the 5th seal are being martyred shows they are not being protected.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,443.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

The Congregation of Smyrna and the Congregation of Philadelphia is an excellent example, when you study the two closely you can see that they are both one in the same, Smyrna representing the Martyr and Philadelphia the escapers.

Those in Smyrna that are faithful to death, receive a Crown, and they are those who make it to the Congregation of Brotherly Love where they are cautioned to let No Man take that Crown away.

• Informative
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Congregation of Smyrna and the Congregation of Philadelphia is an excellent example, when you study the two closely you can see that they are both one in the same, Smyrna representing the Martyr and Philadelphia the escapers.

Those in Smyrna that are faithful to death, receive a Crown, and they are those who make it to the Congregation of Brotherly Love where they are cautioned to let No Man take that Crown away.

Could it be that the Holy Spirit was operating in the Philadelphia church.... and era... at a much higher level than in the Smyrna church and era?

In the time of the Prophet Elijah Queen Jezebel and her followers were allowed to martyr virtually all of the Schools of the Prophets but.......
by the time of Elijah in II Kings chapter 1..... . two of those captains of fifty and their fifty died young.......
and it seems that this greater outpouring of power set in motion a period of time in which Schools of the Prophets could again be set up and Elisha could go to some of those Schools.

2 Kings 1

Then [the king] sent unto him a captain of fifty with his fifty. And he went up to him: and, behold, he was sitting on the top of the hill. And he spake unto him, O man of God, the king hath said, Come down.

10 And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.

Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0