Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yom Kippur is a very unique "feast" of the seven feasts of the Lord. Its uniqueness is in the story itself. Azazel is presented at this point into the feasts, an animal not sacrificed to God. A animal that must carry the sins away from the congregation, the temple, the services, the priests and sent where it can not return. It must also be sent by a "fit man" who remains a mystery even to this day.

And quite a philosophical dilemma was faced by Israel..... when the Azazel goat..... did return toward their home.... and their people.

Matthew 12:45

Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Now you've got me reading about the "fit man" too!
It seems there are a lot of opinions about what that meant. And it's interesting that "fit man" can mean "timely man," " man of my time" or "man of time".

The Worldwide Church of God used to teach that the fit man connected to the "angel" in this verse:

Revelation 20:1

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Now you've got me reading about the "fit man" too!
It seems there are a lot of opinions about what that meant. And it's interesting that "fit man" can mean "timely man," " man of my time" or "man of time".
Luke 9:62 And Yeshua said unto him, “No man, having put his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the Kingdom of God.”

In this verse "fit" has everything to do with single mindedness of purpose for God. That in itself is a strong characteristic, unwavering, devoted, smart, spiritually intune, and dedicated with singleness of purpose for God. In order to be like this, this "fit" man must also know the "scapegoat", the timing of THE Yom Kippur services, able to spiritually see when all the sins of the sanctuary have been laid on his head, and what it will take to remove him from the sanctuary, the congregation, and to a place of non return.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And quite a philosophical dilemma was faced by Israel..... when the Azazel goat..... did return toward their home.... and their people.

Matthew 12:45

Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
I was reading about the goats the other day and they say there is no record of the 'Azazel goat' coming back.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was reading about the goats the other day and they say there is no record of the 'Azazel goat' coming back.

It is a subject that they would prefer to not talk about......
because after a time they decided to throw the Azazel goat off a cliff.......
to stop it from wandering back into camp...........

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Luke 9:62 And Yeshua said unto him, “No man, having put his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the Kingdom of God.”

In this verse "fit" has everything to do with single mindedness of purpose for God. That in itself is a strong characteristic, unwavering, devoted, smart, spiritually intune, and dedicated with singleness of purpose for God. In order to be like this, this "fit" man must also know the "scapegoat", the timing of THE Yom Kippur services, able to spiritually see when all the sins of the sanctuary have been laid on his head, and what it will take to remove him from the sanctuary, the congregation, and to a place of non return.

And as we continue and continue and continue to be led closer and closer and closer to Messiah........
the result should be deeper and deeper and deeper levels of humility / repentance.........
not self congratulation / pride..... and criticism of others..........

Former Atheist Howard Storm is one of the most impressive examples of somebody coming to deeper and deeper levels of repentance that I have ever read about:

.near-death.com/experiences/notable/howard-storm.html#a03

My stupidity and selfishness as a teenager only magnified as I became an adult - all under the veneer of being a good husband, a good father, and a good citizen. The hypocrisy of it all was nauseating. But through it all was their love.

When the review was finished they asked, "Do you want to ask any questions?" and I had a million questions.

I asked, for example, "What about the Bible?"

They responded, "What about it?"

I asked if it was true, and they said it was. Asking them why it was that when I tried to read it, all I saw were contradictions, they took me back to my life's review again - something that I had overlooked. They showed me, for the few times I had opened the Bible, that I had read it with the idea of finding contradictions and problems. I was trying to prove to myself that it wasn't worth reading. I observed to them that the Bible wasn't clear to me. It didn't make sense. They told me that it contained spiritual truth, and that I had to read it spiritually in order to understand it. It should be read prayerfully. My friends informed me that it was not like other books. They also told me, and I later found out this was true, that when you read it prayerfully, it talks to you. It reveals itself to you. And you don't have to work at it anymore.

My friends answered lots of questions in funny ways. They really knew the whole tone of what I asked them, even before I got the questions out. When I thought of questions in my head, they really understood them.

I asked them, for example, which was the best religion. I was looking for an answer which was like, "Presbyterians." I figured these guys were all Christians. The answer I got was, "The best religion is the religion that brings you closest to God."

Asking them if there was life on other planets, their surprising answer was that the universe was full of life.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But you'll never know, this side of eternity, what he did with his last breath. I've had people who were very critical that I do funeral services for people who are NOT believers - my answer is that we do not know they are non-believers. Their last breath may have been used to give themselves to Yeshua.

So true.......
and former Atheist Howard Storm......
in a way.....
may have given his life to Messiah Yeshua - Jesus somewhat after what could have been his last breath..........

I attempt to explain all this to a somewhat different audience over here:

Can we pray for shortening the days of the Second Coming?

My dad died on January 1, 1990...........
I had been fasting on Yom Kippur for more than a decade before that........
so I was asking myself questions that most non Messianic Christians don't usually ask themselves.............

By Yom Kippur of 1990, (or a few weeks afterward).... I specifically prayed and asked The Ancient of Days the FAther / YHWH...... in the name of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus... if He had any use for a volunteer........... goat for Azazel........???????????

....."but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Aza'zel."(Leviticus 16:10RSV)

......IF....... a volunteer "goat for Azazel" would have been any use to YHWH/ The Ancient of Days the FAther.... .I said that I would do it............
and I postulated a number of variations on HOW??????

As you can guess..... all hell broke loose in my life.... but 27 years later and I know that in spite of the danger.... that was probably one of the most significant things that I ever prayed about.......

Bar Abbas / Barabbas seems to have been drafted.........
and we Canadians have a tradition that somebody should volunteer for suicide missions.......

At the time that I prayed what I prayed......
I did not expect to still be alive in 2017..... and i certainly did not expect to have received the off the scale Grace and mercy and series of miracles that I have received ...... especially since the year 2000............

Your prayers will be appreciated.......
I feel called toward a very specific group of the lost.......
yes... the rather extreme lost......

Christian outreach to Satanists.....

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
[size=+1]Please be more specific. It is difficult understanding exactly what you are stating since you have said that 'there never was a man called Barabbas'. I cannot tell if you are in agreement with the post you have quoted or if you are in disagreement with it?

1) Are you stating that you have taught for over 20 years the same thing in the post you quoted?
2) Or are you stating that you have taught for over 20 years that 'Yeshua is your scapegoat' because Barabbas was merely a fictional character in your understanding?
[/size]

Have you learned more things about Barabbas / Bar Abbas lately Daq?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How do you reconcile this with what Messiah said?
And having called His twelve apostles near, He gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every bodily weakness. Mt 10:1

See, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions
(σκορπίων/skorpions/pointed stinger), and over all the power of the enemy, and none at all shall hurt you. Lk 10:19

On one level I am coming to suspect that
the fallen angels.......
still love the Ancient of Days the Father and The Ancient of Days the Holy Spirit.....
and i suspect that they have a deep respect and fear...... .of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.......
and... .in a sense.........
may perhaps have relatively good intentions....... for example.......
for all I know... perhaps Lucifer Satan.. may have an anointing.......
for destroying PRIDE.......
Lucifer Satan may despite the pride within himself that led to his fall.........
and he may just be unable to resist opportunities to destroy pride in us humans..........

After being bound for one thousand years... .when finally released......
he goes out.... deceives all the nations.... and gets them into anti-Semitism
in some form.......
but..... his intentions could be to destroy PRIDE........
in naive humans.. .who just had a thousand years of relative temptation free living.........??????

Lucifer Satan.. .seems to have 'fallen" centuries if not millennia... .or perhaps even millions of years before the fall of Adam and Eve... but Azazel king of the Watchers... seems to have fallen over the daughters of Cain and Luluwa... several centuries after the fall of Adam and Eve?????

Acts 19:15

And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
the fallen angels.......
still love the Ancient of Days the Father and The Ancient of Days the Holy Spirit.....
and i suspect that they have a deep respect and fear...... .of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.......
Lucifer Satan may despite the pride within himself that led to his fall.........
and he may just be unable to resist opportunities to destroy pride in us humans..........

in some form.......
in naive humans.. .who just had a thousand years of relative temptation free living.........??????

Lucifer Satan.. .seems to have 'fallen" centuries if not millennia... .or perhaps even millions of years before the fall of Adam and Eve... but Azazel king of the Watchers... seems to have fallen over the daughters of Cain and Luluwa... several centuries after the fall of Adam and Eve?????

And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
I think that Satan has a healthy fear of God. I think that in spite of his intentions to rebel, he ends up doing God's will in testing us.

• Winner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think that Satan has a healthy fear of God. I think that in spite of his intentions to rebel, he ends up doing God's will in testing us.

That is exactly what I am thinking as well........
I suspect that even Lucifer Satan.... actually hates PRIDE.... because he knows it was his own pride that got him cast out of heaven............

Now... in order to destroy Pride.... he may ACT as if he supports it.........
but it probably is nothing more than an ACT.......

Satanism Ending

Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
the fallen angels.......

in some form.......

You seem to have built a theology based on Enoch
and Charles Darwin as much as on the bible. There
were no [centuries if not millennia... .or perhaps even
millions of years before the fall of Adam and Eve...]

Yahweh declared everything good at the end of the
creation week, so that means Lucifer too, who walked
in the garden.
Ezekiel 28:13-15

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You seem to have built a theology based on Enoch
and Charles Darwin as much as on the bible. There
were no [centuries if not millennia... .or perhaps even
millions of years before the fall of Adam and Eve...]

Yahweh declared everything good at the end of the
creation week, so that means Lucifer too, who walked
in the garden.
Ezekiel 28:13-15

Or... .could the physical creation have been relatively good.......
after having been restored..... after a massive war in heaven????

I don't know the answer to this question..... it is above my Security Clearance Level.

Dr. Richard Eby, near-death .com :

Jesus hesitated as I tried to capture the immensity of his explanations.

"You must understand, my son, that original creation mirrored the composition and perfection of Person-God. All creation vibrated in unison with us! There was total accord and harmony everywhere as the whole creation was resonating with and in God!

"Each separate thing or being thus carried out an appointed task in our scheme for the universe. A heaven-form of music resulted as even the stars sang in their appointed circuits. Here in paradise you are hearing these melodious vibrations directly upon your new mind, undistorted. On Earth you heard distorted sounds through the air waves. Throughout heaven the music flows from my throne, uninterrupted, undefiled, and peace-giving."

Jesus paused again.

"My book tells of the time when Lucifer's rebellion in heaven changed some things. He sought to usurp my Father's throne, assume his position as the most high God, and to rule the universe. For that blasphemy Lucifer was cast from heaven to Earth; in fact, I saw him fall as a bolt of lightning! In a tantrum of hate and rage over being deposed so fast he and his fallen angels disfigured our perfect Earth. It became void and uninhabitable. For punishment befitting his enemy of God, Lucifer was given a new name, Satan, since he was the self-appointed 'adversary' of the Almighty. Anything that God had made, Satan would attempt to destroy from then on. As Lucifer he had been created the highest angel about the throne, one of his assignments and talents being the chief musician in charge of worship and music. In his rebellious anger he set about destroying harmony on and in the Earth from then on. That is why the Earth where he operates now is out of harmony with God's other creations. In my book we call this disharmony 'sin', because it defies God's will that even the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament show his handiwork.

"But be of good cheer, my son. The Father has permitted me to overcome Satan's world system of sin, and to destroy the works of Satan, and to re-establish righteousness in the hearts of my friends. Eventually in his chosen time he will restore all creation as it once was, in him!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I can tell you for a fact that if anyone was talking to this guy,
it was a demon, and the quotes are outright lies.

So you do not think that what he was shown was a good explanation for Ezekiel chapter 28 and Isaiah 14?

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So you do not think that what he was shown was a good explanation for Ezekiel chapter 28 and Isaiah 14?

I think I see where you're going wrong.

When.

When was Satan cast down?

Trick question. He hasn't. Yet. I think.

Revelation 12. He will either be cast down
just before the tribulation, or he was cast
down when Yahushua was crucified. Either
way, he was able to approach the throne of
Yahweh until then to accuse the brethren.

The word 'void' in Genesis 1 only means that
the world was empty of life, ready for Yahweh
to fill it. Remember, they didn't speak modern
English in 1611.

From Webster's 1828 dictionary online:

VOID, a. [L. viduus, divido. Gr.]
1. Empty; vacant; not occupied with any visible matter; as a void space or place. 1 Ki 22.
2. Empty; without inhabitants or furniture. Gen 1.
Void - Webster's 1828 Dictionary Definition

You can see the rest of the definitions at that link.

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think I see where you're going wrong.

When.

When was Satan cast down?

Trick question. He hasn't. Yet. I think.

Revelation 12. He will either be cast down
just before the tribulation, or he was cast
down when Yahushua was crucified. Either
way, he was able to approach the throne of
Yahweh until then to accuse the brethren.

The word 'void' in Genesis 1 only means that
the world was empty of life, ready for Yahweh
to fill it. Remember, they didn't speak modern
English in 1611.

From Webster's 1828 dictionary online:

VOID, a. [L. viduus, divido. Gr.]
1. Empty; vacant; not occupied with any visible matter; as a void space or place. 1 Ki 22.
2. Empty; without inhabitants or furniture. Gen 1.
Void - Webster's 1828 Dictionary Definition

You can see the rest of the definitions at that link.

We are on very different pages on this particular topic..... I cannot believe in the Young Earth Theory.....

NDE of Dr. Richard Eby verifies old earth and gap theory.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
We are on very different pages on this particular topic..... I cannot believe in the Young Earth Theory.....

NDE of Dr. Richard Eby verifies old earth and gap theory.

I can't believe in the old, as that not only makes
the bible a lie, it can't explain fossils or pre-historic
megalithic architecture. Any disaster sufficient to
destroy all life would have destroyed all fossils,
especially the delicate ones.
Feather_Alison%20Moyer_promo.png

Why do I say OEC makes the bible a lie? The following
is a chain of events. Break the chain and it falls apart.

World was created perfect, no decay, no death.
Man was created without sin.
Sin came through man, not Satan.
Suffering, disease and death came through sin.
Adam and Eve are parents of all living man.
Sin separates us from Yahweh.
Blood is the only atonement for sin.
Only Yahushua's blood covers all sin.
No man goes to the Father but by the Son.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I can't believe in the old, as that not only makes
the bible a lie
It doesn't make it a lie. It makes it figurative.

My evangelical, deeply dovoted Christian aunt work as a technician with Hubble (she was brilliant!). She explained to me that the Big Bang was simply the scientific explanation of "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. You had to accept a 13 billion year old universe in order to accept the Big Bang. She taught me that a real Christian need never feel afraid of the truths Science uncovers, because all truth belongs to God.

Upvote 0