not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Octavia the robot can trundle through flames, taking instructions in sign language from a human handler - and put out fires with a compressed air/water hose.

There is just one problem - who would want to be saved by a robot that looks like an evil doll come to life?

Octavia was unveiled by the U.S. Navy's research wing, and is built to work alongside human firefighters - using infrared cameras to interpret 'see'. She can also receive voice commands.

Would you want to be saved by THIS? Video of the U.S. Navy's terrifying 'robot fireman'

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
There is just one problem - who would want to be saved by a robot that looks like an evil doll come to life?

Gee, I don't know. Perhaps anyone whose alternatives are burning in an agonizing death in a house fire or dying from asphyxiation?

Honestly... what an idiotic question from the Daily Mail.

Princess Mononoke Trailer USA - YouTube

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"HELP ME!!! I'm trapped in this room and I can't put out the fire! Oh, thank goodness the firefighters are here and...oh wait, their rescue device is a robot that looks like an evil, living doll? Thanks anyway; I mean, who would want to get saved by that?"

:sorry:

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟224,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
metal Gods
If so, then goofy looking metal gods. Personally, I'd make its face a Guy Fawkes mask. But if you wanted it to be more reassuring, you could make it look like Mother Theresa. But I don't reckon Seventh Day Adventists would allow themselves to be rescued by it then. They could put a C3PO head on it; everybody likes C3PO.
If you really wanted it to be scary, then an "Alien" head, complete with teeth, would do the trick. Or Frankenstein, maybe, or the Wolfman, or the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Bugs Bunny? Richard Nixon? Madeline Albright?

Upvote 0