WOULD YOU RATHER GET RAPTURED, OR SERVE THE LORD DURING THE TRIBULATION?

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's like asking whether one would rather die of old age or go through the Reign of Antichrist, the answer would be: What's your will, God? In fact the Pretrib Rapture is not in Scriptures, and the book of Revelation was written to Christians not to encourage them to seek an escape from tribulation, but rather, to encourage them to stay true to Christ. So, for me, being "ready" means that we stay clean in our lives, always feeling confident that we're doing our best to serve the Lord and others.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Only the weak minded will hang on to the rapture. Lot of folks will end up in sheol. Isaiah chapter 1 to document and psalm chapter 73.
Ephesians chapter 6 . Gospel armory on is only way past antichrist lies and deception. It's knowledge and wisdom of God's word. Biblically illiterate Christian people will worship antichrist near future.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The parable of the talents seems to suggest that many servants (Christians) are going to be toast. They wouldn't get out of the way of the harvests. These are the harvests of the weeds. This is just a series of wars. Get out of the way, or else.

Matthew 25
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

You knew the harvests of the weeds was coming, but you just sat there and did nothing.

28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

When a harvest (war) comes then you will be killed along with everybody else. If you had believed then you would gained more knowledge in order to escape what was coming. But you didn't believe, so the confusing verses took away what little you could have gained.

From Revelation 14:

Harvesting the Earth and Trampling the Winepress​

14 I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man[b] with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.

17 Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18 Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, “Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth’s vine, because its grapes are ripe.” 19 The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God’s wrath. 20 They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses’ bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.[c]

Harvest =war.

Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All the way through.
I don't see a rapture in Revelation until way at the end... so I guess we should be ready for some tough

The parable of the talents seems to suggest that many servants (Christians) are going to be toast. They wouldn't get out of the way of the harvests. These are the harvests of the weeds. This is just a series of wars. Get out of the way, or else.

Matthew 25
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

You knew the harvests of the weeds was coming, but you just sat there and did nothing.

28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

When a harvest (war) comes then you will be killed along with everybody else. If you had believed then you would gained more knowledge in order to escape what was coming. But you didn't believe, so the confusing verses took away what little you could have gained.

From Revelation 14:

Harvesting the Earth and Trampling the Winepress​

14 I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man[b] with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.

17 Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18 Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, “Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth’s vine, because its grapes are ripe.” 19 The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God’s wrath. 20 They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses’ bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.[c]

Harvest =war.
i am having trouble understanding what you are saying can you explain?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The resurrection of the living and dead Christians will take place:
"After the great falling away..."
"After the man of sin is revealed..."
"After the 'great tribulation of that day..."
"At the last trump..."
"On the last day..."

It's going to be tough to put this event at any point before the tribulation.

• Winner
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul addresses the danger of people believing that some sort of resurrection will take place before the end. He specifically tells us NOT to be deceived on this topic.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 KJV
1. Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2. That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Why is this so dangerous?
Because as Paul said, people who thought or were expecting Jesus to come before the falling away and revealing of the antichrist, will be sorely shaken in their minds.
"Why am I still here??? I thought we were supposed to be taken away by now!!! Is this all lies? Is Jesus even the Lod? I have lost my faith.... this is bogus, man!"
I can hear them now. We are in the middle of the trib, and believers will be saying these very things.
There is no secret pre-trib rapture. It is an invention of men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,052.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Must of never read Ps.91
Psalms 91 shows how the Lord protects His own people as they pass through trials and disasters.

A pre-trib 'rapture to heaven', or anyone going to live in heaven, is never said to happen at any time Eventually; God and therefore heaven, comes to us on earth: Revelation 21:1-4

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
FOR ME I JUST WANNA BE READY, NOW IF HE WANTS TO CAUCH UP SOME AS A SIGN, I DONT NO, BUT I ANT SCARED OF THE TRIBULATION CAUSE GOD WILL USE US.
This is one of the hallmarks of pretribulationism being an erroneous doctrine, that it is based on what YOU would rather have happen. Yes everyone would rather not die and be transformed into immortality instantly without persecution.

But that's not what the Word of God says. The Word of God says that there will be persecution, there will be martyrs, and THEN there will be the resurrection and rapture of those left.
I think a large part of the misunderstanding is people not knowing what "Great Tribulation" is.
They think the trumpets and bowls are "Great Tribulation" but Jesus didn't even hint at them in the olivet discourse as signs preceding His return, and the signs He gave as happening immediately after the tribulation are the 6th seal signs.
Great Tribulation is persecution, it's not the wrath of God.
The wrath of God is God's vengeance FOR the Great Tribulation. It's a response.
God allows evil people to persecute His people as chastisement, but then God avenges them. God allowed Babylon to destroy Jerusalem and take them captive for 70 years, then God had Babylon destroyed in punishment for what they did.

So serve God in tribulation and THEN get resurrected or raptured is what is actually in scripture.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

WOULD YOU RATHER GET RAPTURED, OR SERVE THE LORD DURING THE TRIBULATION?​

What Satan would want is for you to be here on earth during the great tribulation so he could persecute you and maybe have you killed.

What God wants is that you do His will and His plan, which is to escape having to go through the great tribulation here on earth, via the rapture.

God's plan is that He already has two witnesses pre-selected to prophesy and testify of Him, that the whole world will hear, because they will rejoice over the deaths of the two witnesses.

So the question really is - Would rather do God's will to escape the great tribulation via the rapture, or Satan's desire to have you available to persecute?

So do and follow what is God's plan, and don't start inventing your own strategy - I would say to anyone who is a Christian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Our brothers and sisters are being persecuted all over the world, in some areas hunted down and killed, what do you think is going on?

I will follow Gods plan and be raptured.
yeah, but the great tribulation Jesus talked about will be worldwide. we're currently isolated and sheltered from it.

Matthew 24
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

If this was to unbelieving Jews, not disciples of Christ, why would the world hate them for Jesus' name's sake, they don't believe Jesus is the Messiah. They decry Jesus as a false Messiah, they have Jesus boiling in feces for eternity in hell in the Talmud for leading Israel astray.
They wouldn't hate non believing Jews for the name of Jesus.
... but they will hate Christians for the name of Jesus' sake.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,052.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So do and follow what is God's plan, and don't start inventing your own strategy
This is what God has planned for His people:

The Lord’s people have a Powerful Advocate, He promises to protect and save His righteous people. Jeramiah 50:33-34, Isaiah 51:16, Nahum 1:7, Psalms 60:4-5, Zech. 9:15-16

They will go to live in all of the holy Land; Isaiah 35, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Romans 9:24-26

Psalms 30:1-5 I shall exalt You Lord, for You have lifted me up and not let enemies prevail. I cried out to You and You healed me, You saved my life as I was sinking into the abyss. Sing praises to the Lord, all you His loyal servants, give thanks to His holy name. In His anger there is punishment, but in His favour there is life. There may be distress at nightfall, but the morning will bring rejoicing.

It is the 'rapture to heaven' that is false. We must endure until the end.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is what God has planned for His people:

The Lord’s people have a Powerful Advocate, He promises to protect and save His righteous people. Jeramiah 50:33-34, Isaiah 51:16, Nahum 1:7, Psalms 60:4-5, Zech. 9:15-16

They will go to live in all of the holy Land; Isaiah 35, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Romans 9:24-26

Psalms 30:1-5 I shall exalt You Lord, for You have lifted me up and not let enemies prevail. I cried out to You and You healed me, You saved my life as I was sinking into the abyss. Sing praises to the Lord, all you His loyal servants, give thanks to His holy name. In His anger there is punishment, but in His favour there is life. There may be distress at nightfall, but the morning will bring rejoicing.

It is the 'rapture to heaven' that is false. We must endure until the end.
Go to the New Testament and do what Jesus says to do in Luke 21:34-36.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,052.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Go to the New Testament and do what Jesus says to do in Luke 21:34-36.
We have been over this passage before and you and most people fail to see how the Bible translators have made a Biblical anomaly there.
Verse 35 clearly says that what is coming will come upon all who dwell on the earth. So; to think that 'escaper' in verse 36, mean removal from the earth is serious error.
The REBible pits it correctly; .....pray at all times for the strength to pass safely through all that is coming.......

Knowing what really is coming, instead of having fanciful notions of going to heaven, would be the best for our situation now and for standing firm in our faith when things do happen.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We have been over this passage before and you and most people fail to see how the Bible translators have made a Biblical anomaly there.
Verse 35 clearly says that what is coming will come upon all who dwell on the earth. So; to think that 'escaper' in verse 36, mean removal from the earth is serious error.
The REBible pits it correctly; .....pray at all times for the strength to pass safely through all that is coming.......

Knowing what really is coming, instead of having fanciful notions of going to heaven, would be the best for our situation now and for standing firm in our faith when things do happen.
The REB is one of the worst translations out there. And does not even have a site that a person can go to and copy and paste. Go to bible gateway and search Luke 21:36 for all the different translations. It is "to escape" .

1Thessalonains5:9-11 also have the rapture as the means to avoid the time of God's wrath to be poured out during the great tribulation. Please provide the REB's version of these verses.

kjv.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,052.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The REB is one of the worst translations out there. And does not even have a site that a person can go to and copy and paste. Go to bible gateway and search Luke 21:36 for all the different translations. It is "to escape" .
Actually; the Revised English Bible, 1987 complete re-translation from hundreds of ancient texts, is the superior and most accurate Bible there is. That is why Satan hates it and has done his best to supress and denigrate it.
Just because it contradicts your beliefs, and your foolish adherence to the highly flawed KJV, your objections are overruled.

Explain the anomaly of how most translations make a contradiction between Luke 21:34-35 and verse 36.
Even if verse 36 says 'escape', it is obviously adding to the text to think this means a removal to heaven. The 'rapture' is false teaching and will never happen.

1 Thess 5:9-11, reads very similar in all versions. ....we are not destined to retribution..... means that Jesus will protect us thru all that is coming. And that we might live in company with Him, will be the situation after Jesus Returns, in the Millennium.

Rapture believers have listened to wolves among the flock, they have accepted this fable and are now in the dark about what God really will do in the soon to take place; end of this age.

Upvote 0