Would you prefer it if “Christian universalism” were true?

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That isn't for us to decide on this side. The Bible has a couple of tidbits in it that show that the views of the righteous will impact the judgment.

It's not deciding, it's just speculating. I'm pretty sure guessing isn't against the rules.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you had bothered to read my messages as I have yours then you would know what my position is.

And "getting though" to somebody whos pretty sure you're wrong isn't a very realistic goal.

And that's why I gave up on going over things you. Because it's like talking to a wall. I concede your point that conversing with you has been a waste of time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟129,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's the list of the offices in the church, the body of Christ.
What is the difference between Pastor and Prophet?

Ephesians 4:11-13 NIV
So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
A prophet is responsible for declaring God's word, a pastor is responsible for defending the flock, and a teacher does exposition.

Upvote 0

Hmm

Hey, I'm just this guy, you know
Sep 27, 2019
Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you think Hitler was compelled to do what he did?

I think he had a choice. He gave his reasons for in his book Mein Kampf (My Struggle) and I believe he was fully aware and in control of what he was doing. He was of course very deluded about many things but I don't think he was possessed and certainly not controlled by God - he made his own decisions throughout his political rise and during the war that were all targeted at achieving his stated political aims.

Upvote 0

Cormack

“I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”
Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
"Governs" in what sense?

General providence and special acts of providence, which aren’t the same as meticulously providence.

you're saying that the future accidentally comes in line with God's will in the end?

Are you saying physical objects have a will?

Cathy Newman are you in there? :tearsofjoy:

I personally suffer from bipolar disorder.

Believing in libertarian free will is a luxury for those who have never struggled mental illness.

during severe depression I cannot make myself do anything.

I’ll do my best to keep this short and as kind as I’m able.

Poor mental health doesn’t provide us with more insight into how God and the universe works, rather the condition robs us of clear thinking. It’s a handicap, not a gift, and it shouldn’t be at the forefront of our thinking when it comes to understanding life.

Your state is an exceptional one, and exceptions make bad rules.

There wasn’t mental health issues in the garden, instead our various poor mental and physical states are a knock on effect of sin. That’s why the scripture refers to sin as sickness and sinners as being sick. Thankfully Jesus can and does heal.

Poor mental health isn’t an avenue to greater knowledge about how God and how the universe works any more than “seeing stars” after having been knocked on the head provides greater levels of sight.

God bless and take care.

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
But it`s quite a stretch to turn that into amnesty for the entire kingdom of darkness and its children.

Less of an amnesty and more a proper conversion and transference of its captives into the Kingdom of Christ. It’s not like God wants unassimilated open door mass migration from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light.

Rather He wants everyone to come to a knowledge of the truth, take their citizens test, then join the country.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Poor mental health doesn’t provide us with more insight into how God and the universe works, rather the condition robs us of clear thinking. It’s a handicap, not a gift, and it shouldn’t be at the forefront of our thinking when it comes to understanding life.

There wasn’t mental health issues in the garden, instead our various poor mental and physical states are a knock on effect of sin. That’s why the scripture refers to sin as sickness and sinners as being sick. Thankfully Jesus can and does heal.

Poor mental health isn’t an avenue to greater knowledge about how God and how the universe works any more than “seeing stars” after having been knocked on the head provides greater levels of sight.

God bless and take care.

Thank you very much for your judgments probably based on very little to no knowledge of everyone in the world across the board who may have a impairment or weakness in one area or another, etc...

And have you ever considered, since we are all right now infected with sin, etc, that something spiritual could be happening and/or going on, but that, when mixed in with all of our sinful states that are present in all of us right now, and this sinful world right now, etc, could cause them some problems in one area or another until that is 100% completely and permanently rectified or fixed forever, etc...?

Has that thought ever occurred to you maybe, etc...?

And I would look into certain, especially mental impairments or disabilities if I were you before you speak about something you seem to know very little or next to nothing about, etc, like maybe what they are just now discovering about a lot of "autistic" people recently, as just one example, etc, as many of them seem to have a unique advantage when it come to some things, etc, like what they are just now finding out more recently with how they interact with artificial intelligence and computer systems/types, as just one example of only one kind or type, etc...

So they are thinking this could true with other kinds or types in other areas also, etc...

Anyway,

Please think before you speak.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
“have you ever considered, since we are all right now infected with sin….that something spiritual could be happening….that…..when mixed in with all of our sinful states……could cause them some problems in one area or another until that is 100% completely and permanently rectified or fixed forever….”

I don’t think stacking various states of dysfunction and sinfulness on top of each other will lead to anything close to “100% completely and permanently rectified” of anything.

Multiplying dysfunction doesn’t fix anyone.

I think the more sinful and dysfunctional people are the less they are attached to reality. That’s why we pray for healing and that people seek out professional help, and that’s why we don’t pray for more dysfunctions.

God bless you too @Neogaia777

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you very much for your judgments probably based

Sarcasm noted :tearsofjoy: I didn’t mean for my message to trigger anyone who’s struggling with their mental health right now.

Rather I’m happy to share that commingling states of sin isn’t going to help anyone, what helps us is Gods healing power and kind, well trained medical help.

We don’t need to court or promote more mental health problems to get a single healing, we just need healing.

God bless buddy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
“have you ever considered, since we are all right now infected with sin….that something spiritual could be happening….that…..when mixed in with all of our sinful states……could cause them some problems in one area or another until that is 100% completely and permanently rectified or fixed forever….”

I don’t think stacking various states of dysfunction and sinfulness on top of each other will lead to anything close to “100% completely and permanently rectified” of anything.

Multiplying dysfunction doesn’t fix anyone.

I think the more sinful and dysfunctional people are the less they are attached to reality. That’s why we pray for healing and that people seek out professional help, and that’s why we don’t pray for more dysfunctions.

God bless you too @Neogaia777

I think you totally misunderstood me and completely missed my point, etc, but no, we do not ever want disabilities/dysfunctions to ever increase ever, but that's also not at all what I was saying also, etc...

But and/or anyway...?

I'm just simply going to say "Peace" and "God Bless" for now OK, etc...

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: Cormack
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sarcasm noted :tearsofjoy: I didn’t mean for my message to trigger anyone who’s struggling with their mental health right now.

Rather I’m happy to share that commingling states of sin isn’t going to help anyone, what helps us is Gods healing power and kind, well trained medical help.

We don’t need to court or promote more mental health problems to get a single healing, we just need healing.

God bless buddy.
Well, sorry if I was a little harsh and maybe took a bit of offense as someone who struggles with what is, right now anyway, with the current state of things right now, etc, anyway, a "disability", OK...

I apologize to you OK, but it's just that it can sometimes be a sensitive subject for me sometimes, etc...

Nobody ever asks for it, or ever desires it willingly, etc...

Anyway,

Peace man

God Bless!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nobody ever asks for it, or ever desires it willingly, etc...

Defo true. They’re still loved and we all butt heads trying our best to understand each other in this crazy cool world of ours. :eartheurafr:

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Defo true. They’re still loved and we all butt heads trying our best to understand each other in this crazy cool world of ours. :eartheurafr:
Thanks for being so understanding...

Peace out

God Bless!

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟129,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
General providence and special acts of providence, which aren’t the same as meticulously providence.
Fair enough, though I'm not sure that rectifies with the current state of knowledge both secular and within theological arenas.

Cathy Newman are you in there? :tearsofjoy:
I don't get the joke, but whatever.

God bless and take care.
I never claimed a special knowledge of God based on my "disability." Though to treat it as a straight handicap is not true, it is a mixed blessing. You seem to hold to libertarian free will as an empirical fact, and what I meant to do by referencing my disability is provide falsification. After all, a single counter example is sufficient to demonstrate that any given theory is false so the fact that there are people who routinely demonstrate an inability to not do certain things shows your given definition of free will is at the very least not universal for human beings. So did God create us unequal, granting you free will and not me?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A prophet is responsible for declaring God's word, a pastor is responsible for defending the flock, and a teacher does exposition.
So you have assassinated the spiritual gift of prophecy? I guess that fits your doctrine.

Did miracles, tongues, interpretation and healing go with it? (not to mention, a message of wisdom and a message of knowledge) That would be seven gone. (for the common good?)

1 Corinthians 12:7, 11 NIV
7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. ... 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And "getting though" to somebody whos pretty sure you're wrong isn't a very realistic goal.
If your stance was, "They might be right.", this would be a whole lot more enlightening for you. If you board your house up... you won't be inviting company.

Your defense posture probably indicates fear. Are you afraid of UR? I suppose you should be.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you had bothered to read my messages as I have yours then you would know what my position is.
Unhelpful and evasive.
There are lots of fine folks on this thread. Hard to keep track of where everyone is at. Could we at least get a post #?

I seem to remember assuming you were a Damnationist, but then being informed that you are an Annihilationist. Is that right?

Upvote 0