Without It

Mickey Hyatt

Sep 15, 2011
✟15,393.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There is one gift we all have from God, and no one is excluded. There may be different decrees in which one has this gift some more and some less. In fact, if you do not have this gift, you are not saved.

This is not a temporary gift; you will have this gift ...forever.

Without this gift, there is no assurance your prayers are answered.
Without this gift no matter what you do for the Lord it profits in nothing.
Without this gift, you are not saved.

Some people seek a sign from God to know if they are doing the right thing. This gift is the greatest sign you will ever get.

In fact, you could have enough faith to where you could remove mountains, speak with the tongues of angel, give your body for burning, you could be rich and give everything you have to feed the poor, you could have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge it would mean nothing if you do not have the gift I am talking about.

There are some take great pride in their knowledge and understanding then think they are the hero of God. A lot of the times they just want to debate issues, and some are critical of anything you say.

I am sure by now most of you know of the gift I am talking about and that is love.

However, how much thoughts do we give each day to love when we start our day?

If you saw a person give everything he had to the poor, understands everything and can answer any question you may ask, remove a mountain, and be willing to give his body for burning, and speak with the tongues of angels. What would you think of that person? Would you want to be like him? If that person did not have love, it profits in nothing.

There was a man who did those things and more. In fact, He created the heavens and earth. Even so, His word the bible says He would be nothing if He did not have love.

Jesus gave His body on a cross to such cruel punishment words cannot describe, but He did it out of love.

He tells us to abide in His love because without His love flowing through our life whatever we do mean nothing. If we prayed for the love of God to fill and guide our life - like, we pray for other things, then the world would know we are Christians.

John 13:35 By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

It is not by knowledge to understand all mystery, have all faith to move mountains, give the body for burning, give to the poor, and speak with the tongues of angel; those things are not the way the world know we are Christians. It is when we have love for each other.

We talk about love but do we walk the talk?