Is there any biblical evidence that suggests that people who take their own lives go to Hell?

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
This has been a question that's been burning in my mind for a while. Really ever since a few years ago. Is there any evidence in the Bible that suggests that God punishes people who take their own lives? My mother told me that it's basically like "slapping God's hand away" since he gifted you with life. This came up after I told her that I was feeling pretty sad, in lieu of the "d" word that I have come to hate. I don't know if what she said is true or not, but then again, nobody knows where people's soul goes after they die.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Life can be a gift for some people if they are lucky, and if they actually deserve to live. But for other people, it can be a time of endless suffering. If God is all about peace and happiness, why would he just sit there and watch people suffer every day? And I'm not just talking about physical medical issues. I'm talking about endless emotional, and mental pain. I, myself am currently experiencing it. I dunno, it just escapes me. Anybody else wanna weigh in on this?

There's no evidence that suicide is the unpardonable sin, if that is your concern. However, if you are thinking in those terms, then something is very wrong.

Upvote 0

Chris04

Aug 6, 2021
Atlanta
✟21,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's no evidence that suicide is the unpardonable sin, if that is your concern. However, if you are thinking in those terms, then something is very wrong.
I made this post just to see if people who committed suicide went to Hell. That's it. I have other reasons for asking this question as well, and yes it does have to do with my feelings. But it's not a cause for concern, I can assure you of that. Nothing is wrong.

Upvote 0