Wisconsin Assembly bans mention of CRT in school, along with about 100 other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because you Conservatives are constantly belaboring things that really aren't a problem so you can score "Culture War" points. It gets boring.

I don't know how much of this is caused by conservatives.....but it doesn't seem fake. These are parents who are trying to figure out why their children came home from school calling white people oppressors.

Just like you are bored with CRT "jokes", many other people are bored with hearing your "views" on things.

Gee...I guess you can always leave the discussion forum.

Upvote 0

pacomascarot

Oct 9, 2021
Southern California
✟3,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how much of this is caused by conservatives.....but it doesn't seem fake. These are parents who are trying to figure out why their children came home from school calling white people oppressors.

Any real-world examples of the horrors?

Gee...I guess you can always leave the discussion forum.

Why? It's too much fun to see where you guys wander off into to find out what you are rending your shirts over. What fresh thing will Conservatives whine about now?

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, there are a lot of white people in America who are feeling pretty horrifically repressed.

We are the only race it's socially acceptable to be racist against.

I recently heard about a white guy who LOST A JOB to a person of color (!!!!) I wonder if our nation can survive this.

You talking about the 3 guys in PA who sued and won 3 million after being fired?

That one was significant because the woman who fired them didn't actually tell them it was because they were white. They figured it out after she hired two black men with no experience at all.

She ended up admitting that those guys were fired because she was trying to improve "diversity". Obviously, this is illegal.

Upvote 0

pacomascarot

Oct 9, 2021
Southern California
✟3,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
We are the only race it's socially acceptable to be racist against.

Is it pretty hard on you? I feel for ya, buddy.

How many times have you lost out to "diversity" candidates on hiring?

• Haha
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Any real-world examples of the horrors?

More than I can count...

Why? It's too much fun to see where you guys wander off into to find out what you are rending your shirts over. What fresh thing will Conservatives whine about now?

I'm not a conservative.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is it pretty hard on you? I feel for ya, buddy.

There it is....racism towards whites.

How many times have you lost out to "diversity" candidates on hiring?

I have no way of knowing for sure....I suspect twice.

What I do know for sure is that no one ever gave me a job for being white.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think knowledge of those subjects is valuable information, as opposed to ignorance of them.
There is a [huge?] difference between knowledge of and if what I heard/read about e.g. CRT is correct total immersion/indoctrination to the point that everybody in "group X" are inherently oppressors and throughout history have oppressed, enslaved etc. "group not-X." So now we are going to switch and all "group not-X" will be the oppressors and "group=X" will be the oppressed, or something like that.
Now if I'm misunderstanding please correct me. But the whole thing sounds like what Hitler and his minions did in Germany in the 30s and Stalin and his minions did in the 40s. Not to mention China and N. Korea.

Upvote 0

pacomascarot

Oct 9, 2021
Southern California
✟3,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There it is....racism towards whites.

I am SO sorry! It wasn’t intended. You are special in your own way

What I do know for sure is that no one ever gave me a job for being white.

So how did you get hired?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wow. Sorry to hear that!

so why do you seem to align with Conservatives so consistently on here?

I just align consistently against stupid. The left has adopted racist identity politics in regards to a lot of social issues. I'm going to argue against that 99% of the time.

10 years ago we probably would have been on the same side of most issues. I didn't move positions....the party did.

I naively assumed that like me...most people on the left held their own political views and beliefs. Turns out, most people on the left simply hold the views the party tells them too.

I'm no longer naive about why most people on the left hold the beliefs they do. I think the left is in for a big problem in the next 10 years or so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a [huge?] difference between knowledge of and if what I heard/read about e.g. CRT is correct total immersion/indoctrination to the point that everybody in "group X" are inherently oppressors and throughout history have oppressed, enslaved etc. "group not-X." So now we are going to switch and all "group not-X" will be the oppressors and "group=X" will be the oppressed, or something like that.
Now if I'm misunderstanding please correct me. But the whole thing sounds like what Hitler and his minions did in Germany in the 30s and Stalin and his minions did in the 40s. Not to mention China and N. Korea.

Ok but there’s a difference between teaching them what CRT is and teaching them CRT just like there’s a difference between teaching them what propaganda is and teaching them propaganda.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

pacomascarot

Oct 9, 2021
Southern California
✟3,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It isn't.

CRT is a blank canvas on which the sharpest minds of our generation are allowed to paint their most disturbing images of dystopia that they can muster.

But worst of all CRT is the worst thing in the world...a mirror that doesn't blur out the lines and the pock marks from an old and diseased body.

CRT doesn't have a "gaussian blur" setting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pacomascarot

Oct 9, 2021
Southern California
✟3,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Then please enlighten me amigo. Because as I described CRT above my post [#187], I have/read from more than one source.

Rather than describing it as a descent into Naziism and risking Godwinning the thread you might also like to think of CRT the same way you think about your own Christian faith.

Christianity is BUILT on the concept that we are ALL FALLEN and there is no way we deserve salvation. That, indeed, the only way to salvation is God's Grace. But in order to get that gift is if we understand that we are NOT deserving of it. That we ARE flawed and cannot be a perfect person. We HAVE SINNED and we WILL CONTINUE TO SIN.

Our goal should be to be aware of our fallen nature and our propensity to do evil and hurt others. That in that knowledge we grow and do better by our fellow person.

CRT is simply forcing those of us who have had advantages based on our skin color to realize that we owe that flawed system for some of our advantages. That we should always be mindful of what we have done in the past so that we might grow and avoid doing it in the future.

Seems pretty simple for someone who actually believes in the concepts behind Christianity itself I should think.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟831,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Then please enlighten me amigo. Because as I described CRT above my post [#187], I have/read from more than one source.

'So now we are going to switch and all "group not-X" will be the oppressors and "group=X" will be the oppressed'

An examination of the role that race plays in law and society is really not equivalent to Trading Places.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rather than describing it as a descent into Naziism and risking Godwinning the thread you might also like to think of CRT the same way you think about your own Christian faith.
Christianity is BUILT on the concept that we are ALL FALLEN and there is no way we deserve salvation. That, indeed, the only way to salvation is God's Grace. But in order to get that gift is if we understand that we are NOT deserving of it. That we ARE flawed and cannot be a perfect person. We HAVE SINNED and we WILL CONTINUE TO SIN.
Our goal should be to be aware of our fallen nature and our propensity to do evil and hurt others. That in that knowledge we grow and do better by our fellow person.
CRT is simply forcing those of us who have had advantages based on our skin color to realize that we owe that flawed system for some of our advantages. That we should always be mindful of what we have done in the past so that we might grow and avoid doing it in the future.
Seems pretty simple for someone who actually believes in the concepts behind Christianity itself I should think.
I have never heard it that way and doubt that is how many/most(?), who espouse it understand it.
I don't know of anyone who "have had advantages based on our skin color,"
I certainly haven't. I'm sure you can tell by my baby picture, taken when I was about 1, when FDR was POTUS, what race I am.
I stood on a corner selling newspapers 7 days a week when I was 12. I worked in potato fields from dark to dark for my summer vacation. I got enough to go to a movie and get a drink and popcorn.
I picked cotton in Oklahoma and California, dark to dark, same reward as above. Some of this while living in a transient labor camp "Weedpatch" near Arvin CA. If you have read the book or seen the movie "Grapes of Wrath" At the end that is where the Joad family lived.
I dropped out of school after 10th grade, left home at 16 and joined the Army one less mouth to feed of 11 siblings. I have since earned a HS certificate, BS and Masters. I can guarantee folks the color of my skin did not get me anything.

Upvote 0

pacomascarot

Oct 9, 2021
Southern California
✟3,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have never heard it that way and doubt that is how many/most(?), who espouse it understand it.
I don't know of anyone who "have had advantages based on our skin color,"

You should meet some white people in America.

I certainly haven't.

I bet you've never sinned either, right? Or at least your "sinning" isn't as bad as some peoples' and therefore you earned all the good things that come to you?

I stood on a corner selling newspapers 7 days a week when I was 12. I worked in potato fields from dark to dark for my summer vacation.

And here we enjoy the litany of all your struggles and travails. It is important to remember how YOU earned everything which you obviously extrapolate to meaning that those who failed to achieve earned that as well, right?

I have since earned a HS certificate, BS and Masters. I can guarantee folks the color of my skin did not get me anything.

That's fantastic. You earned everything you have. No one EVER gave you the benefit of the doubt because of skin color etc. No one ever gave you a single thing. You are perfectly 100% self-made.

That is literally the most fantastic thing I've read in a while. You are amazing.

My sincerest apologies for questioning your perfected state.

I also got a high school diploma, a BS, an MS and a PhD. So clearly I did better than you but never in a million years would I look at all the hard work I did to get all of that and forget all the times people helped me out or gave me the benefit of the doubt because of my skin color or who provided me with a solid, stable upbringing. All advantages I NEVER earned but I enjoyed.

I love people who can look around and, with a clean conscience, proclaim that NO ONE ON EARTH EVER HELPED THEM DO ANYTHING and that they EARNED EVERY SINGLE SCRAP THEY HAVE.

This is why I brought up Christianity. I have to wonder about people who earned every single good thing they achieved. How hard it must be to be told by God that they didn't earn salvation and that they can't. Indeed they REQUIRE help that they can in no way have earned.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Not only should the concept be "pretty simple for someone who actually believes in the concepts behind Christianity itself", as you correctly noted, but for me it's actually pretty natural for the same reason you provide. Because I am a Christian it's very easy for me to admit I am flawed and sinful and that carries over to issues like racism. Yes, I am racist, just as I am a sinner in other ways. I will never be perfect and I will never stop sinning, but in both of those I strive to be perfect and stop sinning. And in the Christian walk, when you have humbled yourself and repented then over time you sin less and less and you love serve God more and more. It is called "sanctification" in Christianity.

Any Christian who understands sin, repentance, salvation and the ensuing sanctification of the Christian walk should be able to apply these concepts very easily to things like racism (and therefore "CRT" or related topics).

I have a hard time understanding the reluctance of so many Christians to humble themselves and admit their sin when it comes to racism. They (we) should know better than anyone that humbling ourselves and repenting are the only way to grow better.

Your post was really, really good! Thank you!

Reactions: pacomascarot
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.