Wisconsin Assembly bans mention of CRT in school, along with about 100 other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sure...the concept of treating all races the same is known as "colorblindness" in CRT.

Opinion | I've Been a Critical Race Theorist for 30 Years. Our Opponents Are Just Proving Our Point For Us.

From a self avowed CRT theorist....

We reject “colorblindness” as an ideal because being conscious about race is the only way to tell whether the situation of the Black community is improving or not. As appealing as colorblindness might sound to some, it’s also dangerous: It can lull decision-makers, wrongly, to assume that once they no longer explicitly discriminate along racial lines in admissions or hiring, then racial power no longer plays a part in social life.

And...

We likewise question the traditional ways that liberals have defended affirmative action as a useful exception to a presumed race-blind ideal of “merit.” To us, the very definitions of merit reflect racial and other forms of social power.

So where's the bad part?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
We seem to be going farther and farther away from MLK's dream of people being judged by their character. I wonder if it's because we are losing or have lost the idea of what good character even means.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
We seem to be going farther and farther away from MLK's dream of people being judged by their character. I wonder if it's because we are losing or have lost the idea of what good character even means.

Having seen the "character" of both the MLK detractors of his time, and the CRT detractors of the present time, I'm convinced that's the point.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Having seen the "character" of both the MLK detractors of his time, and the CRT detractors of the present time, I'm convinced that's the point.

Except that nobody is denying rights to black people as in MLK's time, and many "CRT detractors" are also black as well as other minority races.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Except that nobody is denying rights to black people as in MLK's time, and many "CRT detractors" are also black as well as other minority races.

What does that have to do with character?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
What does that have to do with character?

It's more a matter of judgment of character. If more people of all races are jumping ship when it comes to "CRT" then why might that be?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's more a matter of judgment of character. If more people of all races are jumping ship when it comes to "CRT" then why might that be?

I thought race didn't matter?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Let me just mention one other thing. A huge advantage I had growing up compared to many black families, especially based on statistics nowadays, is having had both a mother and a father in the home. Perhaps resolving that issue would go a long way in balancing a few things out.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Let me just mention one other thing. A huge advantage I had growing up compared to many black families, especially based on statistics nowadays, is having had both a mother and a father in the home. Perhaps resolving that issue would go a long way in balancing a few things out.

How can we resolve it?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How can we resolve it?

I don't think pushing the idea of "traditional marriage/families" as a product of "whiteness" is going to solve it.

How about we remove the morons saying that stuff from the schools?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think pushing the idea of "traditional marriage/families" as a product of "whiteness" is going to solve it.

That's nice. But I'm asking for actual solutions.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's nice. But I'm asking for actual solutions.

How about we promote schooling and education in the black community?

Not the garbage CRT teaches but actual education.

And during the sex education part we can repeatedly point out that out of wedlock children dramatically increases one's chances for lifelong poverty. We can also push STEM fields that lead to higher paying jobs, and severely limit the rather useless liberal arts/humanities degrees in college by removing student loans and scholarships for anyone in those degrees.

• Winner
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How about we promote schooling and education in the black community?

How about we promote them in all the communities?
Not the garbage CRT teaches but actual education.

I hope you're not blaming CRT for this as well...

And during the sex education part we can repeatedly point out that out of wedlock children dramatically increases one's chances for lifelong poverty.

"Condoms are cheap; not using them can get expensive" -- an old co-worker of mine.

We can also push STEM fields that lead to higher paying jobs, and severely limit the rather useless liberal arts/humanities degrees in college by removing student loans and scholarships for anyone in those degrees.

Not sure how that's going to solve the family situation -- looks like we've already moved beyond that and are moving to everything else that's wrong with the world...

...but I suspect CRT is somehow responsible for this, as well.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

Well an extended family situation would be even more ideal than just two parents doing everything, but the point is that single parent families are at a disadvantage compared to the more "traditional" family situation that I grew up with.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well an extended family situation would be even more ideal than just two parents doing everything, but the point is that single parent families are at a disadvantage compared to the more "traditional" family situation that I grew up with.

It can't even be said that a two parent family is a product of whiteness. When I was 9, my parents divorced, and I lived with my Mom and brother for a couple years before moving in with my Dad after that. Before I turned 18, I ended up in a couple other places that weren't "home" as well. This story alone might make someone think I'm not white, but I am. I guess "white privilege" didn't exist in the 1980s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

The more members of the family who can pitch in and help as needed, the better.

I guess you could say it takes a village to raise a child.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,337.00
Country