Florida
✟932.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey all! :wave: I am new to this side of CF and new to crafts period. Truth is, my daughter taught me how to knit but I can't increase and decrease etc! :blush: But today I am interested in making some curtains and ideas on complete window treatments. I have 7 windows that vary in size and shape that I want to cover. At the moment I have nothing and the stores don't have what I am looking for as far as fabric and weight goes....any ideas?

I am a COMPLETE beginner. Help?

Saint Melania

The Church is Christ with us.
May 22, 2005
✟11,973.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have made my window coverings for years. Except for venetian blinds, I have made all other curtains and drapes in three houses. It is easy to do. First you just have to accurately measure the windows. You make the curtain about 2-1/2 to 3 times wider than the window if you want it bunched up or pleated. Usually about 3 to 4 inches for the hem, and add 1/2 inch to that. Making rod pockets are measuring probably about an inch taller than the rod itself, and don't forget to allow 1/2 inch or so for the hems around that. It is just straight sewing, so not all that complicated.

Upvote 0