Visit site
✟1,358,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The year was 1968. It was our high school’s senior assembly. I had been chosen to sing a solo, “The Impossible Dream,” from “Man of La Mancha.” The song was about fighting an unbeatable foe and bearing with unbearable sorrow and running where the brave dare not go… And halfway through singing the song my voice cracked, and the student body, from what I recall, laughed. But I kept singing, and I walked off the stage, and then I ran down the hall to the girls’ restroom and cried my eyes out.

So, what did I learn from that? It really went along with the lyrics to the song, “To fight for the right without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause…” But did I learn it well? No! Fear of other people and their opinions of me and their treatment of me was something I battled with much, but which God helped me to conquer over and over again. It overcame me for a period of time, but God helped me once again to rise above it and to keep going even if I am laughed at.

And I needed to learn that lesson, for my calling in life is to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ, and that is not a popular calling, and it is not one that is well received by all people, and not even by some others who call themselves Christians. So I face ridicule, and I face opposition, and I don’t have a huge following, but I know I am in the right place doing what I am supposed to be doing, and I know I am making a difference, even if I am laughed at or mocked or ridiculed. And that is really okay. For I am where God wants me.

• Winner
Reactions: Aaron112

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The year was 1968. It was our high school’s senior assembly. I had been chosen to sing a solo, “The Impossible Dream,” from “Man of La Mancha.” The song was about fighting an unbeatable foe and bearing with unbearable sorrow and running where the brave dare not go… And halfway through singing the song my voice cracked, and the student body, from what I recall, laughed. But I kept singing, and I walked off the stage, and then I ran down the hall to the girls’ restroom and cried my eyes out.
This just says the impossible dream maybe impossible and it may not be what I am, but it is what I want to be. People only laugh at themselves and their failure to live up to the standard they set for themselves.

What I wonder is how comedians manage to capitalize on people laughing at them. I usually just laugh along with them. I do not think it is the rejection that you seem to think it is. My mom often would say we have to be like water on a duck. Let it roll off your back. She was the daughter of the mayor, so she knew how to be loved and accepted by people because she treated them with love and acceptance.

Upvote 0