Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And to stay in control and power, they must adapt to what is most socially acceptable and what sells. If you don't, you lose power and control.

Do you really think Millinnials were all that eager for wall-to-wall coverage of Trump and Clinton?

Money and power in the US is also still in the hands of Boomers, which makes them the primary target market. Millennials will get there, but they aren't there yet (and the Great Recession slowed them down).

Until then, Millennials must necessarily operate within the Boomer race-conscious social framework.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sheep4Christ

Hell:A place where I don't want to go.
Nov 28, 2016
Ga
✟25,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
As long as there are humans, there will be bigotry in some form or another. By the time racism is stamped out, society will have found another way to separate people and differentiate between them.
Yeah. Like in the series The Hunger Games.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you really think Millinnials were all that eager for wall-to-wall coverage of Trump and Clinton?

Money and power in the US is also still in the hands of Boomers, which makes them the primary target market. Millennials will get there, but they aren't there yet (and the Great Recession slowed them down).

Until then, Millennials must necessarily operate within the Boomer race-conscious social framework.

Not sure I agree with this, but I respect your opinion.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm learning a lot about racism from this forum tbh, bc attitudes people have here are way different than where I live. I am literally surrounded by families made up of parents of different races. I don't live in a hip urban area either I live in a really boring suburb of Toronto.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm learning a lot about racism from this forum tbh, bc attitudes people have here are way different than where I live. I am literally surrounded by families made up of parents of different races. I don't live in a hip urban area either I live in a really boring suburb of Toronto.

I have found, Canadians are more accepting people than Americans.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I have found, Canadians are more accepting people than Americans.

When we lived in Seattle & Chicago it was the same. Except for 2 years in Chicago we always lived in boring suburbs so it wasn't like hip gentrification or anything.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure I agree with this, but I respect your opinion.

So make up a list of five of your favorite media or political race baiters.

I'll bet at least three of them are Boomers or older. It's very likely all of them are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not as if racism will end...but it's more obvious proponents seem to be of the older generations...so perhaps it will be less prevalent or at least less obvious. I think both would be good things.
Agree it will continue to decline, but to think it goes to zero, is ignoring we are dealing with humans. Furthermore, if racism decreases, humans can dream up other ways to discriminate based on things other than race, like they do now. Racism, is only one form of discrimination.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Will racism die? technically no...it'll just get replaced by another 'ism'.

Humans are pack/tribal animals by nature, and therefore, various forms of tribalism will always be a reality. The best one can hope for is to temper some of the harsher effects of tribalism.

Upvote 0