Will Racism End When Old Bigots Die?

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Will Racism End When Old Bigots Die?
Shelly Fields is a 46-year-old white woman living in Richton Park, a racially diverse Chicago suburb. She says she's raised her four daughters, who are biracial, to see people of all races as equal, just as her parents raised her. Fields doesn't think that racism will ever disappear completely, but she's hopeful that it lessens with each passing generation.

"The more biracial children there are, the more equality we see," Fields said. "The more people of color we see in positions of power – it will help to change the way people see race."

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Race engineering will not change a heart. My dream is the same as Martin Luther Kings

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there will be a tremendous drop in racism, down to very near zero, when the last generation that was born into apartheid and taught as children that apartheid is normal is dead. That would be us Boomers.

Segregation was drilled into us as children by the whole of society: "As the twig is bent, so grows the tree."

I had thought for a couple of decades that we Boomers would be the transition generation, but the last eight years has shown me differently.

But we weren't as earnest in passing on the disease to our children, and we did inoculate them against it. I believe that once time finally removes us from control of society, our children will let it go with us.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think there will be a tremendous drop in racism, down to very near zero, when the last generation that was born into apartheid and taught as children that apartheid is normal is dead. That would be us Boomers.

Segregation was drilled into us as children by the whole of society: "As the twig is bent, so grows the tree."

I had thought for a couple of decades that we Boomers would be the transition generation, but the last eight years has shown me differently.

But we weren't as earnest in passing on the disease to our children, and we did inoculate them against it. I believe that once time finally removes us from control of society, our children will let it go with us.
There will always be racism. Go to any prison and that is VERY clear.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I certainly think there is truth to it, but children learn at the feet of their parents. And the differential pace of this development has already separated some parts of the country from other parts of the country. And this will continue into the future. In places where racism is more common, and experience with people of other races is uncommon, racism will linger much much longer.

Upvote 0

Paul uk

Dec 11, 2016
UK
✟17,862.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I would have once hoped that too but here in the UK there are many racists among younger people. That somehow always surprises me. After all the legislation, the equal rights and high profile cases which seemed to change things, that young school kids can mouth off racist abuse is shocking. I have no idea where it's coming from. I have sadly concluded that every generation will have to fight for equality - at least for the foreseeable future.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Prison is a reflection of racism in society.
I do not know sometimes people who are not racist on the outside become racist on the inside; because if they do not they have a much much greater chance of being attacked. That is actually one of the signs of trouble COS look for is inmates of different races freely talking because more often than not it means something is up.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would have once hoped that too but here in the UK there are many racists among younger people. That somehow always surprises me. After all the legislation, the equal rights and high profile cases which seemed to change things, that young school kids can mouth off racist abuse is shocking. I have no idea where it's coming from. I have sadly concluded that every generation will have to fight for equality - at least for the foreseeable future.
Racism always has been and always will be until Christ returns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Will racism end when both old white and black bigots die,who knows.
Racism is always going to around always has been always will be.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Racism is always going to around always has been always will be.

Of course it will be,but those who think it only comes from one direction towards one direction in time will never see that.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course it will be,but those who think it only comes from one direction towards one direction in time will never see that.
AMEN racism is from all races towards all races.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That story was a lesson in contradiction. The daughter is biracial (her dad is black), and her mom raised her to not see color. And then this happened.

"That didn't stop them from being cautious when she began dating outside her race and eventually decided to start a family with a black man."

Um...who is being racist here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Race engineering will not change a heart. My dream is the same as Martin Luther Kings

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

But if they're not judged by the color of their skin, then how will the Democrats know which victim group to put them in?

Reactions: Mccleary
Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not only that but remember that "racism" is constantly being redefined by the Left. If one kind of "racism" dies they'll just call soething else "racism" to take its place.

I don't think most people even have any clue what actual racism is anymore.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
That story was a lesson in contradiction. The daughter is biracial (her dad is black), and her mom raised her to not see color. And then this happened.

"That didn't stop them from being cautious when she began dating outside her race and eventually decided to start a family with a black man."

Um...who is being racist here?
Biracial children are treated like they are black. This is not South Africa, American society lives by the one-drop rule and ignores people that are part white.

Reactions: Sheep4Christ
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Biracial children are treated like they are black. This is not South Africa, American society lives by the one-drop rule and ignores people that are part white.
If she's treated like she's black, then why did her parents freak when she dated a black man?

Upvote 0